Military minatures? - Was - Re: [Z_Scale] Re: New pics posted - after about a year and a half away from the hobby

  • Randall Smidt
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 2, 2007
      Has anyone used the SkyTrex 1/200 miniatures or any other 1/200 pieces? The 1/285th pieces are a little too small for many pieces for my taste, but good for forced compression. I think the Z Panzer tanks look great, but wrong era for me.

      Randy

      "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@...> wrote:
      At 7:48 PM +0000 12/2/07, Terry J.N. Rowsell wrote:
      >I would LOVE to see a company mass-produce good quality plastic
      >vehicles in Z. Having experienced my pewter tanks in 1:285 I have to
      >say that I would prefer pewter. For one thing they have a 'heft'
      >that is surprising given their size. My breath will not knock them
      >over.

      I assume you're using Micro-Armor tanks? I'm glad to hear that these
      appear to be of use, might finally put some of my stash together. I
      bought a bunch just prior to getting out of the military, and they've
      been sitting in a box for years. They're old enough though that they
      might be lead rather than Pewter.

      I'll have to break them out one of these years and see about doing up
      a few for use on my Z-Scale layout. :^)

      Zane

      Recent Activity

      9
      New Members

      44
      New Photos

      1
      New Files

      Visit Your Group
      Yahoo! News
      Kevin Sites
      Get coverage of
      world crises.

      Yahoo! Finance
      It's Now Personal
      Guides, news,
      advice & more.

      Yahoo! Groups
      Get info and support
      on Samsung HDTVs
      and devices.

      .

    • John & Sue Bartolotto
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 2, 2007
        Randy,

        I have and highly recommend them over the GHQ Micro-Armor 1/285. The
        SkyTrex 1/200 are much closer to Z than the GHQ one and are just as
        detailed.

        John

        _____

          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 3, 2007
            Randy,

            As Orville said to Wilbur "You're Wright!"

            It was the very first article I wrote for Ztrack. SkyTrex is the only 1/200
            source for numerous armored vehicles. Z-Panzer, <http://www.z-panzer.com/>
            http://www.z-panzer.com/, emails: <mailto:info@...>
            info@... and <mailto:orders@...> orders@... has
            perfect Z scale (1:220) World War II era (1939-1945) tanks and armored
            vehicles.

            John

            _____

            John & Sue Bartolotto <jsbart@pjsnet1. <mailto:jsbart%40pjsnet1.de> de>

            From: z_scale@yahoogroups <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> .com

            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 3, 2007
              Hi Zane,

              I am talking about GHQ Micro-Armour, although some of my stuff is
              from C in C. All Pewter 1:285. The pewter takes detail better than
              the old lead models and withou the HAZMAT of lead.

              I have never heard of 1:200 SkyTrex until I began this thread. I
              will check them out. As I also wargame, I will generally still lean
              towayd 1:285, but some 1:200 may look dandy on the Z layout!

              Cheers,
              Terry

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@...> wrote:

              > At 7:48 PM +0000 12/2/07, Terry J.N. Rowsell wrote:
              > >I would LOVE to see a company mass-produce good quality plastic
              > >vehicles in Z. Having experienced my pewter tanks in 1:285 I have
              > >say that I would prefer pewter. For one thing they have a 'heft'
              > >that is surprising given their size. My breath will not knock them
              > >over.
              >
              > I assume you're using Micro-Armor tanks? I'm glad to hear that
              these
              > appear to be of use, might finally put some of my stash together.
              > bought a bunch just prior to getting out of the military, and
              they've
              > been sitting in a box for years. They're old enough though that
              they
              > might be lead rather than Pewter.
              >
              > I'll have to break them out one of these years and see about doing
              up
              > a few for use on my Z-Scale layout. :^)
              >
              > Zane
              >

              > --
              > | Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Administrator |
              > | healyzh@... (primary) | OpenVMS Enthusiast |
              > | MONK::HEALYZH (DECnet) | Classic Computer Collector |
              > | Empire of the Petal Throne and Traveller Role Playing, |
              > | PDP-10 Emulation and Zane's Computer Museum. |
              > | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |

            • de Champeaux Dominique
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 8, 2007
                Welcome back here Terry!