[Z_Scale] Re: New pics posted - after about a year and a half away from the hobby

  • Zane H. Healy
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 2, 2007
      At 7:48 PM +0000 12/2/07, Terry J.N. Rowsell wrote:
      >I would LOVE to see a company mass-produce good quality plastic
      >vehicles in Z. Having experienced my pewter tanks in 1:285 I have to
      >say that I would prefer pewter. For one thing they have a 'heft'
      >that is surprising given their size. My breath will not knock them
      >over.

      I assume you're using Micro-Armor tanks? I'm glad to hear that these
      appear to be of use, might finally put some of my stash together. I
      bought a bunch just prior to getting out of the military, and they've
      been sitting in a box for years. They're old enough though that they
      might be lead rather than Pewter.

      I'll have to break them out one of these years and see about doing up
      a few for use on my Z-Scale layout. :^)

      Zane

      | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |
    • Randall Smidt
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 2, 2007
        Has anyone used the SkyTrex 1/200 miniatures or any other 1/200 pieces? The 1/285th pieces are a little too small for many pieces for my taste, but good for forced compression. I think the Z Panzer tanks look great, but wrong era for me.

        Randy

        "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@...> wrote:
        At 7:48 PM +0000 12/2/07, Terry J.N. Rowsell wrote:
        >I would LOVE to see a company mass-produce good quality plastic
        >vehicles in Z. Having experienced my pewter tanks in 1:285 I have to
        >say that I would prefer pewter. For one thing they have a 'heft'
        >that is surprising given their size. My breath will not knock them
        >over.

        I assume you're using Micro-Armor tanks? I'm glad to hear that these
        appear to be of use, might finally put some of my stash together. I
        bought a bunch just prior to getting out of the military, and they've
        been sitting in a box for years. They're old enough though that they
        might be lead rather than Pewter.

        I'll have to break them out one of these years and see about doing up
        a few for use on my Z-Scale layout. :^)

        Zane

        Recent Activity

        9
        New Members

        44
        New Photos

        1
        New Files

        Visit Your Group
        Yahoo! News
        Kevin Sites
        Get coverage of
        world crises.

        Yahoo! Finance
        It's Now Personal
        Guides, news,
        advice & more.

        Yahoo! Groups
        Get info and support
        on Samsung HDTVs
        and devices.

        .

      • John & Sue Bartolotto
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 2, 2007
          Randy,

          I have and highly recommend them over the GHQ Micro-Armor 1/285. The
          SkyTrex 1/200 are much closer to Z than the GHQ one and are just as
          detailed.

          John

          _____

            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 3, 2007
              Randy,

              As Orville said to Wilbur "You're Wright!"

              It was the very first article I wrote for Ztrack. SkyTrex is the only 1/200
              source for numerous armored vehicles. Z-Panzer, <http://www.z-panzer.com/>
              http://www.z-panzer.com/, emails: <mailto:info@...>
              info@... and <mailto:orders@...> orders@... has
              perfect Z scale (1:220) World War II era (1939-1945) tanks and armored
              vehicles.

              John

              _____

              John & Sue Bartolotto <jsbart@pjsnet1. <mailto:jsbart%40pjsnet1.de> de>

              From: z_scale@yahoogroups <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> .com

              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 3, 2007
                Hi Zane,

                I am talking about GHQ Micro-Armour, although some of my stuff is
                from C in C. All Pewter 1:285. The pewter takes detail better than
                the old lead models and withou the HAZMAT of lead.

                I have never heard of 1:200 SkyTrex until I began this thread. I
                will check them out. As I also wargame, I will generally still lean
                towayd 1:285, but some 1:200 may look dandy on the Z layout!

                Cheers,
                Terry

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@...> wrote:

                > At 7:48 PM +0000 12/2/07, Terry J.N. Rowsell wrote:
                > >I would LOVE to see a company mass-produce good quality plastic
                > >vehicles in Z. Having experienced my pewter tanks in 1:285 I have
                > >say that I would prefer pewter. For one thing they have a 'heft'
                > >that is surprising given their size. My breath will not knock them
                > >over.
                >
                > I assume you're using Micro-Armor tanks? I'm glad to hear that
                these
                > appear to be of use, might finally put some of my stash together.
                > bought a bunch just prior to getting out of the military, and
                they've
                > been sitting in a box for years. They're old enough though that
                they
                > might be lead rather than Pewter.
                >
                > I'll have to break them out one of these years and see about doing
                up
                > a few for use on my Z-Scale layout. :^)
                >
                > Zane
                >

                > --
                > | Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Administrator |
                > | healyzh@... (primary) | OpenVMS Enthusiast |
                > | MONK::HEALYZH (DECnet) | Classic Computer Collector |
                > | Empire of the Petal Throne and Traveller Role Playing, |
                > | PDP-10 Emulation and Zane's Computer Museum. |
                > | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |

              • de Champeaux Dominique
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 8, 2007
                  Welcome back here Terry!