Re: [Z_Scale] Re: New pics posted - after about a year and a half away from the hobby

  • Loren
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 2, 2007
      Hey Terry, I was just following your lead. I figure if you can have a train
      loving wife, then so can I.........and I got me one!
      Thanks,

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 2, 2007
        At 7:48 PM +0000 12/2/07, Terry J.N. Rowsell wrote:
        >I would LOVE to see a company mass-produce good quality plastic
        >vehicles in Z. Having experienced my pewter tanks in 1:285 I have to
        >say that I would prefer pewter. For one thing they have a 'heft'
        >that is surprising given their size. My breath will not knock them
        >over.

        I assume you're using Micro-Armor tanks? I'm glad to hear that these
        appear to be of use, might finally put some of my stash together. I
        bought a bunch just prior to getting out of the military, and they've
        been sitting in a box for years. They're old enough though that they
        might be lead rather than Pewter.

        I'll have to break them out one of these years and see about doing up
        a few for use on my Z-Scale layout. :^)

        Zane

        | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |
      • Randall Smidt
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 2, 2007
          Has anyone used the SkyTrex 1/200 miniatures or any other 1/200 pieces? The 1/285th pieces are a little too small for many pieces for my taste, but good for forced compression. I think the Z Panzer tanks look great, but wrong era for me.

          Randy

          "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@...> wrote:
          At 7:48 PM +0000 12/2/07, Terry J.N. Rowsell wrote:
          >I would LOVE to see a company mass-produce good quality plastic
          >vehicles in Z. Having experienced my pewter tanks in 1:285 I have to
          >say that I would prefer pewter. For one thing they have a 'heft'
          >that is surprising given their size. My breath will not knock them
          >over.

          I assume you're using Micro-Armor tanks? I'm glad to hear that these
          appear to be of use, might finally put some of my stash together. I
          bought a bunch just prior to getting out of the military, and they've
          been sitting in a box for years. They're old enough though that they
          might be lead rather than Pewter.

          I'll have to break them out one of these years and see about doing up
          a few for use on my Z-Scale layout. :^)

          Zane

          Recent Activity

          9
          New Members

          44
          New Photos

          1
          New Files

          Visit Your Group
          Yahoo! News
          Kevin Sites
          Get coverage of
          world crises.

          Yahoo! Finance
          It's Now Personal
          Guides, news,
          advice & more.

          Yahoo! Groups
          Get info and support
          on Samsung HDTVs
          and devices.

          .

        • John & Sue Bartolotto
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 2, 2007
            Randy,

            I have and highly recommend them over the GHQ Micro-Armor 1/285. The
            SkyTrex 1/200 are much closer to Z than the GHQ one and are just as
            detailed.

            John

            _____

              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 3, 2007
                Randy,

                As Orville said to Wilbur "You're Wright!"

                It was the very first article I wrote for Ztrack. SkyTrex is the only 1/200
                source for numerous armored vehicles. Z-Panzer, <http://www.z-panzer.com/>
                http://www.z-panzer.com/, emails: <mailto:info@...>
                info@... and <mailto:orders@...> orders@... has
                perfect Z scale (1:220) World War II era (1939-1945) tanks and armored
                vehicles.

                John

                _____

                John & Sue Bartolotto <jsbart@pjsnet1. <mailto:jsbart%40pjsnet1.de> de>

                From: z_scale@yahoogroups <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> .com

                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 3, 2007
                  Hi Zane,

                  I am talking about GHQ Micro-Armour, although some of my stuff is
                  from C in C. All Pewter 1:285. The pewter takes detail better than
                  the old lead models and withou the HAZMAT of lead.

                  I have never heard of 1:200 SkyTrex until I began this thread. I
                  will check them out. As I also wargame, I will generally still lean
                  towayd 1:285, but some 1:200 may look dandy on the Z layout!

                  Cheers,
                  Terry

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@...> wrote:

                  > At 7:48 PM +0000 12/2/07, Terry J.N. Rowsell wrote:
                  > >I would LOVE to see a company mass-produce good quality plastic
                  > >vehicles in Z. Having experienced my pewter tanks in 1:285 I have
                  > >say that I would prefer pewter. For one thing they have a 'heft'
                  > >that is surprising given their size. My breath will not knock them
                  > >over.
                  >
                  > I assume you're using Micro-Armor tanks? I'm glad to hear that
                  these
                  > appear to be of use, might finally put some of my stash together.
                  > bought a bunch just prior to getting out of the military, and
                  they've
                  > been sitting in a box for years. They're old enough though that
                  they
                  > might be lead rather than Pewter.
                  >
                  > I'll have to break them out one of these years and see about doing
                  up
                  > a few for use on my Z-Scale layout. :^)
                  >
                  > Zane
                  >

                  > --
                  > | Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Administrator |
                  > | healyzh@... (primary) | OpenVMS Enthusiast |
                  > | MONK::HEALYZH (DECnet) | Classic Computer Collector |
                  > | Empire of the Petal Throne and Traveller Role Playing, |
                  > | PDP-10 Emulation and Zane's Computer Museum. |
                  > | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |

                • de Champeaux Dominique
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 8, 2007
                    Welcome back here Terry!