Re: [Z_Scale] Re: December Releases (was: MT's web site behaving oddly...)

  • Loren
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 30, 2007
      Tom,
      I don't know if it will do any good, but when Joe and I eat a bite Sunday
      morning I'm going to remind him of how disappointed many of the Z scalers
      are at the web site MTL now has. I think they did hire some outside source
      and it is obvious to us all that they didn't get USDA Grade A choice beef on
      this one.

      My nephew is a web designer and he could do a better job that what is
      currently being done, but he is already up to his eye balls with managing
      his dad's store site.
      I once considered hiring him to do a small web site for me and he
      said........"sorry uncle Loren, I simply don't have the time".....point
      being that good designers are busy.

      Maybe Joe can convey our displeasure to Eric in a manner that will see some
      changes someday. BUT, I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. MTL is still
      trying to figure out how to put out more product, especially undecorated.

      Loren in MTL country

      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2007
        Maybe they need to get creative: I'll do web site design if I can be paid
        in MTL rolling stock...

        At 09:02 PM 11/30/2007, you wrote:
        >Tom,
        >I don't know if it will do any good, but when Joe and I eat a bite Sunday
        >morning I'm going to remind him of how disappointed many of the Z scalers
        >are at the web site MTL now has. I think they did hire some outside source
        >and it is obvious to us all that they didn't get USDA Grade A choice beef on
        >this one.
        >
        >My nephew is a web designer and he could do a better job that what is
        >currently being done, but he is already up to his eye balls with managing
        >his dad's store site.
        >I once considered hiring him to do a small web site for me and he
        >said........"sorry uncle Loren, I simply don't have the time".....point
        >being that good designers are busy.
        >
        >Maybe Joe can convey our displeasure to Eric in a manner that will see some
        >changes someday. BUT, I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. MTL is still
        >trying to figure out how to put out more product, especially undecorated.
        >
        >Loren in MTL country

        Scott Whitmire
      • Alan Cox
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2007
          On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 23:48:53 -0000
          "Tom Browning" <thomascb2004@...> wrote:

          > A website's acceptability is very often in the eye of the beholder but
          > when if does not work right...well, that is quite another thing.

          If the current problem is inability to make enough stock to fill demand I
          guess the web site is slightly lower priority than if they had a
          warehouse full of boxes.

          Alan
        • Tom Browning
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 1, 2007