Ivar shelf (was: Humidors and Z Scale)

  • Uwe Liermann
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
      Hello Alan,

      > They still do some useful sized objects. My european layout is the
      > "Ikeabahn" because its an 83cmx50cm Ivar shelf size and mounted in Ikea
      > shelving units (with another layout below)

      Unfortunately some of those IKEA articles are only available for a
      certain time. Therefore they can't be used for a project that is going
      over a longer time (you always need an extension just when the article
      is run out...). Ivar is a exception, since it is around almost as
      long, or as long as IKEA itself. I would almost say, that it is the
      longest running shelf system I've ever seen or heard of.

      One of my ideas is to have a layout in a Ivar shelf. I'm just curious
      how precise the parts are, if the layout is going over more then one
      board. I could imagine to use the short IVAR legs as the support for a
      module system while showing it on shows or such. The modules could be
      stored closer together in a high shelf which has sides and backs
      attached to create a relative dust free cupboard.

      Can you provide us with some pictures about your layout, and in case
      of a layout longer then one board maybe about some details for the
      board connection?

      --
      GreetingZ
      Uwe
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2007
        Hi Uwe

        I'm about to start a project on my IVAR shelf.
        I have modeled it in Raily4win

        Grüzz
        Steen
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Uwe Liermann <maillist@...> wrote:

        > Hello Alan,
        >
        > > They still do some useful sized objects. My european layout is the
        > > "Ikeabahn" because its an 83cmx50cm Ivar shelf size and mounted in
        Ikea
        > > shelving units (with another layout below)
        >
        > Unfortunately some of those IKEA articles are only available for a
        > certain time. Therefore they can't be used for a project that is going
        > over a longer time (you always need an extension just when the article
        > is run out...). Ivar is a exception, since it is around almost as
        > long, or as long as IKEA itself. I would almost say, that it is the
        > longest running shelf system I've ever seen or heard of.
        >
        > One of my ideas is to have a layout in a Ivar shelf. I'm just curious
        > how precise the parts are, if the layout is going over more then one
        > board. I could imagine to use the short IVAR legs as the support for a
        > module system while showing it on shows or such. The modules could be
        > stored closer together in a high shelf which has sides and backs
        > attached to create a relative dust free cupboard.
        >
        > Can you provide us with some pictures about your layout, and in case
        > of a layout longer then one board maybe about some details for the
        > board connection?
        >

        > --
        > GreetingZ
        > Uwe

      • Uwe Liermann
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2007
          Hej Steen,

          hvordan har Du det? Stadig ud og danse i Squares?

          > I'm about to start a project on my IVAR shelf.

          I would like to see pictures if there are any yet. AS Alan wrote in
          the original thread, a low frame with a baseboard would be a good
          idea. Then you also get a space to hide wiring, undertable turn out
          drives and other necessary but not so scenic stuff... ;-)

          --
          HilZen
          Uwe
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2007
            Hej Uwe

            Jo det sker. Vi var i Sverige for 3 uger siden.....
            Og en gang i ugen står den på C1 indlæring.

            Jeg har en IVAR reol på mit kontor, og jeg har en hylde hele vejen rundt i et "L", som er sat af til Z.

            Hilzen
            Steen Rudberg

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2007
              Hi Uwe

              I have droped 2 screendumps in my folder. (steenrudberg2)

              Regardz
              Steen

              hvordan har Du det? Stadig ud og danse i Squares?

              > I'm about to start a project on my IVAR shelf.

              I would like to see pictures if there are any yet. AS Alan wrote in
              the original thread, a low frame with a baseboard would be a good
              idea. Then you also get a space to hide wiring, undertable turn out
              drives and other necessary but not so scenic stuff... ;-)

              --
              HilZen
              Uwe

            • Bob Grant
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 3, 2007
                is that ivar's acres of clams in Seattle