MT's web site behaving oddly...

  • vincentgoudreault
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 30, 2007
      Given that today is the last day of the month, and that tomorrow is
      weekend, I felt like checking out MT website to see if it would have
      been updated with the December new release. No such luck just yet.
      But if instead of clicking "New releases" (under Home) and then
      clicking on Z, one cascades the Z from the tile that comes to the right
      of the Home menu (that includes "New Releases") one gets the October
      new release.

      For a moment there, I thought that the December new stuff were
      mistakenly replaced by an old October file.

      CBVG
    • Gert Velthuizen
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 30, 2007
        Go see zscalemonster...

        Great weekend to all

        Gert

        To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: vgoudreault@...: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:55:02 +0000Subject: [Z_Scale] MT's web site behaving oddly...

        Given that today is the last day of the month, and that tomorrow is weekend, I felt like checking out MT website to see if it would have been updated with the December new release. No such luck just yet.But if instead of clicking "New releases" (under Home) and then clicking on Z, one cascades the Z from the tile that comes to the right of the Home menu (that includes "New Releases") one gets the October new release.For a moment there, I thought that the December new stuff were mistakenly replaced by an old October file.CBVG

      • non
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 30, 2007
          Why did MTL update their website to make it unuseable. Years ago, you
          could click on upcoming and get information. Now you get junk. It hard
          to go to the pages you need and when you talk to MTL I get the website
          is out of MTL hands. And out of company places is doing their website.
          If you are paying for a website with correct information, why have a
          company that can't update your website correctly.
          Aaron Poscovsky --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Gert Velthuizen
          <gertvelthuizen@...> wrote:

          > Go see zscalemonster...
          >
          > Great weekend to all
          >
          > Gert
          >

          > To: z_scale@...: vgoudreault@...: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:55:02
          +0000Subject: [Z_Scale] MT's web site behaving oddly...

          > Given that today is the last day of the month, and that tomorrow is
          weekend, I felt like checking out MT website to see if it would have
          been updated with the December new release. No such luck just yet.But
          if instead of clicking "New releases" (under Home) and then clicking
          on Z, one cascades the Z from the tile that comes to the right of the
          Home menu (that includes "New Releases") one gets the October new
          release.For a moment there, I thought that the December new stuff were
          mistakenly replaced by an old October file.CBVG

        • Zane H. Healy
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 30, 2007
            At 12:55 PM +0000 11/30/07, vincentgoudreault wrote:
            >Given that today is the last day of the month, and that tomorrow is
            >weekend, I felt like checking out MT website to see if it would have
            >been updated with the December new release. No such luck just yet.
            >But if instead of clicking "New releases" (under Home) and then
            >clicking on Z, one cascades the Z from the tile that comes to the right
            >of the Home menu (that includes "New Releases") one gets the October
            >new release.
            >
            >For a moment there, I thought that the December new stuff were
            >mistakenly replaced by an old October file.

            It was that way earlier in the week when I checked. Sadly it looks
            like it was never updated for November.

            GP9 - Milwaukee Road - Road Numbers 800/801
            40' PS1 Box car - Illinois Central Gulf - RN ICG 416084/ICG 416108
            60' Bulkhead flat car - Canadian Pacific - RN CPI 317137/CPI 317161
            50' Box car - New York Central - RN NYC 45335 / NYC 45358

            60' Bulkhead Car Plywood Loads #1 & #2 (4-pack)

            Apparently the NYC box cars come with pipe loads in them?!?! Is it
            possible to get these out? The CPI and ICG cars looks quite tempting
            and I just plain want the plywood loads!

            Zane

            | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |
          • Mike
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 30, 2007
              At the moment, it works incorrectly if you click on the "Home"
              button, select "New", and then select "Z-Scale" from the resulting
              sub-menu - you get the October releases. But if click on the
              same "Home" button, then *click* on "New", you get an intermediate
              screen displaying the scales offered - clicking on Z Scale gets you
              the current month (still November), correct New Releases.

              What will happen after the December New Releases are posted in the
              next few days seems anybody's guess.

              Mike
              (GNFan, gn-z-phile)

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "vincentgoudreault" <vgoudreault@...>
              wrote:

              > Given that today is the last day of the month, and that tomorrow is
              > weekend, I felt like checking out MT website to see if it would
              have
              > been updated with the December new release. No such luck just yet.
              > But if instead of clicking "New releases" (under Home) and then
              > clicking on Z, one cascades the Z from the tile that comes to the
              right
              > of the Home menu (that includes "New Releases") one gets the
              October
              > new release.
              >
              > For a moment there, I thought that the December new stuff were
              > mistakenly replaced by an old October file.
              >

              > CBVG

            • Tom Browning
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 30, 2007
                As much as I like MTL their website takes away from their high
                standards. Did they not pay their web designer enough? Or too much?

                On the opening page they NEVER indicate if the new releases are N, Z
                or what. They finally get rid of the awful flashing stuff however.

                Tom in Dallas

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 30, 2007
                  At 3:45 AM +0000 12/1/07, Tom Browning wrote:
                  >As much as I like MTL their website takes away from their high
                  >standards. Did they not pay their web designer enough? Or too much?
                  >
                  >On the opening page they NEVER indicate if the new releases are N, Z
                  >or what. They finally get rid of the awful flashing stuff however.

                  Somehow I suspect they paid *before* they got the website, and the
                  author then did a runner on them once it was semi-done. Have to
                  wonder if they didn't hire a high-school student, except most
                  high-school students can do better work. They'd have been better off
                  rolling back to the previous design.

                  It is slightly better than when first introduced, but only slightly.

                  As for never indicating what scale the new releases are, they even
                  have that problem in print.

                  Zane

                  | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |
                • Loren
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 30, 2007
                    Tom,
                    I don't know if it will do any good, but when Joe and I eat a bite Sunday
                    morning I'm going to remind him of how disappointed many of the Z scalers
                    are at the web site MTL now has. I think they did hire some outside source
                    and it is obvious to us all that they didn't get USDA Grade A choice beef on
                    this one.

                    My nephew is a web designer and he could do a better job that what is
                    currently being done, but he is already up to his eye balls with managing
                    his dad's store site.
                    I once considered hiring him to do a small web site for me and he
                    said........"sorry uncle Loren, I simply don't have the time".....point
                    being that good designers are busy.

                    Maybe Joe can convey our displeasure to Eric in a manner that will see some
                    changes someday. BUT, I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. MTL is still
                    trying to figure out how to put out more product, especially undecorated.

                    Loren in MTL country

                    > As much as I like MTL their website takes away from their high
                    > standards. Did they not pay their web designer enough? Or too much?
                    >
                    > On the opening page they NEVER indicate if the new releases are N, Z
                    > or what. They finally get rid of the awful flashing stuff however.
                    >
                    > Tom in Dallas
                  • Scott A. Whitmire
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 1, 2007
                      Maybe they need to get creative: I'll do web site design if I can be paid
                      in MTL rolling stock...

                      At 09:02 PM 11/30/2007, you wrote:
                      >Tom,
                      >I don't know if it will do any good, but when Joe and I eat a bite Sunday
                      >morning I'm going to remind him of how disappointed many of the Z scalers
                      >are at the web site MTL now has. I think they did hire some outside source
                      >and it is obvious to us all that they didn't get USDA Grade A choice beef on
                      >this one.
                      >
                      >My nephew is a web designer and he could do a better job that what is
                      >currently being done, but he is already up to his eye balls with managing
                      >his dad's store site.
                      >I once considered hiring him to do a small web site for me and he
                      >said........"sorry uncle Loren, I simply don't have the time".....point
                      >being that good designers are busy.
                      >
                      >Maybe Joe can convey our displeasure to Eric in a manner that will see some
                      >changes someday. BUT, I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. MTL is still
                      >trying to figure out how to put out more product, especially undecorated.
                      >
                      >Loren in MTL country

                      Scott Whitmire
                    • Alan Cox
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 1, 2007
                        On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 23:48:53 -0000
                        "Tom Browning" <thomascb2004@...> wrote:

                        > A website's acceptability is very often in the eye of the beholder but
                        > when if does not work right...well, that is quite another thing.

                        If the current problem is inability to make enough stock to fill demand I
                        guess the web site is slightly lower priority than if they had a
                        warehouse full of boxes.

                        Alan
                      • Tom Browning
                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 1, 2007