system Jorger throttle

  • Garth Hamilton
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2007
      anyone out there got one of the system Jorger throttles they do not
      know what to do with cause I would like to purchase one

      please reply off list thanks

      regards
      Garth
      "Garth Hamilton" <garthah@...>
    • Michael Hilliard
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2007
        Black & White, Orange & Brite, Im so happy to see you... (sing to The Sound of Music). The NH MTL GP9's arrived today in CT. Luckily the local postal lady dropped the assault charges from when I tried to give her a hug! I'm so excited! Good job MTL, finnaly a loco I don't have to repaint to my taste.

        Michael Hilliard
        Wilton, CT USA

      • ronaldjhurley
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2007
          Wow, exciting news Michael! I got a got a gift cert for Walthers for my birthday... do you
          think they have the NH's yet? ron

          > Black & White, Orange & Brite, Im so happy to see you... (sing to The Sound of Music). The
          NH MTL GP9's arrived today in CT. Luckily the local postal lady dropped the assault charges
          from when I tried to give her a hug! I'm so excited! Good job MTL, finnaly a loco I don't have
          to repaint to my taste.

          > Michael Hilliard
          > Wilton, CT USA

        • Michael Hilliard
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 2007
            Hi Ron

            Sorry, I can't advise you regarding Walthers. My experience with them is lucky to get anything in a timely manner. I'd suggest Loren or Anthony if you can.

            Michael Hilliard
            Wilton, CT USA

            ronaldjhurley <rhurley@...> wrote:
            Wow, exciting news Michael! I got a got a gift cert for Walthers for my birthday... do you
            think they have the NH's yet? ron

            > Black & White, Orange & Brite, Im so happy to see you... (sing to The Sound of Music). The
            NH MTL GP9's arrived today in CT. Luckily the local postal lady dropped the assault charges
            from when I tried to give her a hug! I'm so excited! Good job MTL, finnaly a loco I don't have
            to repaint to my taste.

            > Michael Hilliard
            > Wilton, CT USA

          • ronaldjhurley
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 3, 2007
              Agreed! But I doubt if those guys will take my gift cert! ron

              > Hi Ron
              >
              > Sorry, I can't advise you regarding Walthers. My experience with them is lucky to get
              anything in a timely manner. I'd suggest Loren or Anthony if you can.

              > Michael Hilliard
              > Wilton, CT USA
              >
              > ronaldjhurley <rhurley@...> wrote:
              > Wow, exciting news Michael! I got a got a gift cert for Walthers for my birthday...
              do you
              > think they have the NH's yet? ron
              > >
              > > Black & White, Orange & Brite, Im so happy to see you... (sing to The Sound of Music).
              The
              > NH MTL GP9's arrived today in CT. Luckily the local postal lady dropped the assault
              charges
              > from when I tried to give her a hug! I'm so excited! Good job MTL, finnaly a loco I don't
              have
              > to repaint to my taste.
              > >
              > > Michael Hilliard
              > > Wilton, CT USA

            • Loren Snyder
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 3, 2007
                Ron,
                I've been known to accept chickens, fresh cow's milk, fresh baked bread,
                split and dried wood, and even fruit preserves..........oh, yeah, even
                checks, money orders, and pay pal.....:O)

                Loren

                Agreed! But I doubt if those guys will take my gift cert! ron

              • Don Avila
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
                  WALTHERS N-Z catalog says ALL MTL engines are "special" order - plus
                  you pay list price.

                  ...don

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "ronaldjhurley" <rhurley@...> wrote:

                  > Agreed! But I doubt if those guys will take my gift cert! ron
                  > >
                  > > Hi Ron
                  > >
                  > > Sorry, I can't advise you regarding Walthers. My experience with
                  them is lucky to get
                  > anything in a timely manner. I'd suggest Loren or Anthony if you can.
                  > >
                  > > Michael Hilliard
                  > > Wilton, CT USA
                  > >
                  > > ronaldjhurley <rhurley@> wrote:
                  > > Wow, exciting news Michael! I got a got a gift cert for
                  Walthers for my birthday...
                  > do you
                  > > think they have the NH's yet? ron
                  > > >
                  > > > Black & White, Orange & Brite, Im so happy to see you... (sing
                  to The Sound of Music).
                  > The
                  > > NH MTL GP9's arrived today in CT. Luckily the local postal lady
                  dropped the assault
                  > charges
                  > > from when I tried to give her a hug! I'm so excited! Good job MTL,
                  finnaly a loco I don't
                  > have
                  > > to repaint to my taste.
                  > > >
                  > > > Michael Hilliard
                  > > > Wilton, CT USA

                • Russ Meier
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
                    Within the last two months Walthers has made a new committment to
                    Z-scale. I regularly visit Terminal Hobby Shop (the store in Walthers
                    here in Milwaukee). Since August they have:

                    1. Put up a Z-scale display -- although small -- in their store.
                    2. Added the MTL GP9 to their in-stock supplies.
                    3. Added AZL as a company.
                    4. Added Z-track to their magazine shelf in the Terminal Hobby store.

                    They have also picked up many of the manufacturers listed in Z-Track,
                    such as BLMA, GCLaser, etc. all in Z-scale.

                    Direct responses to questions from folks on this list:

                    1. If in stock, I receive it within 3 days after ordering on-line.
                    2. A quick on-line search using their website (www.walthers.com)
                    shows many AZL, Marklin, and MTL locos in stock. The NH GP9 asked
                    about on this forum shows a Nov-15, 2007 advanced reservation
                    availability date.
                    3. Many of their items are on-sale for below list-price. I will
                    admit that as a large company with an international distribution
                    network focused on ALL scales, they do not discount the way others in
                    our Z-scale community do -- or in fact, the way my favorite hobby shop
                    here in Milwaukee does. But, don't arbitrarily rule out a large
                    supplier just because they are a large supplier. Give them a chance
                    -- check their website for sales. Using their advanced search box,
                    you can select "Z-scale on-sale today" and see as of today:

                    a. 5 in-stock AZL F59PHI locos on sale
                    b. 6 in-stock scenery components on sale
                    c. 1 marklin loco on sale
                    d. 8 MTL locos and track parts on sale

                    Russ Meier
                    Milwaukee, WI
                    CP,UP, and MILW in Z
                  • dpstripe@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
                      Russ,
                      Don't forget that a the majority of Walthers' business is being an
                      importer/manufacturer/and supplier to local hobby shops. Walthers doesn't regularly
                      discount items because they don't want to compete with their customer base.
                      They sell most items (other than the monthly promotionals) for full retail. This
                      gives the hobby shops that carry the Walthers line the room to discount as
                      much or as little as they can. If Walthers discounted 15-20% off list, then
                      their dealers would have to discount between 20 and 25% to compete and not all
                      of them can afford that. Most Walthers distributors do discount. You just
                      have to order the items through the hobby shop. It might take a little bit
                      longer, but, it supports your LHS/ or on-line Walthers dealer, and it saves you
                      money.
                      Dan S