RE: [Z_Scale] Re: Micro-Trains promoting Z

  • Gert Velthuizen
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
      Good thing Joe,

      Do you suggest I should choose between HO and Z scale? Should I start saving already? Should take a second job?
      You make me curious and I think it is a good thing because things are happening!!

      Keep up your good work.

      Gert

      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: shipsure2003@...: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 20:08:05 +0000Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Micro-Trains promoting Z

      Thanks Malcom.I was looking at all the cars I worked on since coming to MTL 6 years ago, and am pretty happy with what we have been able to contribute to the scale. We have a lot on the plate right now, and I think 08 will be a landmark year for MTL and Z as we relase a few more bodystyles, track, engines and scenic accessories...a number of them will be new to everyone as I have not been able to discuss their development at the moment. I have one of our Drafting Tool Designers almost working full time on Z and he is starting to complain about his eyes! Thanks for your support!CheersJoeMTL--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Malcolm Cleaveland <mcleavel@...> wrote:>> > While we know Micro-Trains is making great contributions to Z scale,> this was forcefully brought home to me when I downloaded the "N, Z and Nn3> Quick Reference Guide" recently. In the "Z Scale Cars" section 4 new body> styles were not listed: 511 00 000 50' Rib Side Box Car w/o roofwalk, 524> 00 000 60' Flat Car, 527 00 000 60' Bulkhead Flat Car, and 538 00 000 40'> Modern Log Car (with load). It's 5 if you count the new 40' Bulkhead Flat> Car mold, not an exact replica of the old mold it replaces.> > And that's not all for rolling stock! Under "Z Scale Locomotives" they> don't list the new GP-35 or the GP-9 locomotives, extremely important> additions to our inventory of power. And worthy of association with the> indomitable F7s that populate transition era layouts. Not to mention the> F7s that are used as motive power for various shells, such as the Republic> Locomotive Works Nn3 Shay.> > There is no listing of the new track components, new loads or new> structures, either. But I don't know if they would be listed here or in> another file.> > And if I'm not mistaken, all this has occurred in less than 2 years. I> submit that the list of recent releases is a remarkable record of support> for Z scale. Modelers appear to be responding, because many of the recent> releases have sold out in short order.> > Keep it up!> > CheerZ,> -- Malcolm Z>