Aspen Ten Wheeler kit

  • jsul07481
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2007
      I am considering buying the Aspen 10 wheeler in kit form. Their website says it fits the
      Marklin BR 38 loco. The only one I can find is part of the passenger car set 81437. I don't
      want to purchase passenger cars I won't use. Has anyone built this kit, and if so can you
      tell me which loco(s) are compatible? I would like to use a 5 pole version.

      John
    • Thomas Welsch
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2007
        Has anyone built this kit, and if so can you
        > tell me which loco(s) are compatible? I would like to use a 5 pole
        version.

        > John

        Hi John,

        I have built this kit and find it a satisfactory model to build. The
        kit will fit any 4-6-0 steam loco, N.A.(Casey Jones) or European. All
        of Marklin's 4-6-0s are the same except for color and slight body
        variations.

        I posted 2 photos on this forum for you to see. Just click on "New
        Photos" on the home page and they will be the last 2 in the group.

        Thom Welsch
        MidweZt HaulerZ
      • John & Sue Bartolotto
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2007
          John,

          I am just finishing up one of these kits. Any version of the Marklin 8899
          3-Pole or 5-Pole will work. My favorite to use is the 88992 since the pilot
          wheels and drivers are already blackened, the rods are dulled in color and
          it's a great runner. This is a challenging kit. Lots of small parts. Very
          detailed. Be careful of the handrail stanchions holes they break easy.
          Contact me offline with any questions at jsbart @ pjsnet 1 . de (just
          eliminate the space and you have my email address).

          John Bartolotto

          _____

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 9, 2007
            Thanks, John and Thom. Your response is very helpful. I will use an 88992 because of the
            blackened wheels. It is helpful to know that several choices will work. Thom, your work
            looks great!

            John