Re: MicroTrack Electrical Gap

  • Yuji Kuwabara
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hello,

      Thank you for info about metal joiner.
      I could remove it successfully.
      Unfortunately, I could not remove it with plier, perhaps because of
      my weak grip.
      Instead, I "peeled" the joiner from rail carefully.

      > Question for you, do you plan on posting more photos of your famous
      > Rio Grande locos and all of those cool container well cars and
      > containers? How about that fabulous Big Boy????

      Sorry, currently no plan for more photos of completed models.
      But other project is going on.

      Regards.

      Yuji Kuwabara
    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
        (Nice to see you again! What are your next
        scratchbuilding projects?) You don't need to cut nor
        heat the rails: the metal joiners are easy to remove
        with a plier. In the worst case you crush it with the
        plier's arms, but finally you can remove it.

        Dom

        --- Yuji Kuwabara <HHG01200@...> a écrit :

        > Hello,
        >
        > Let me ask a question.
        > I'm starting laying MicroTrack.
        > How do you make electrical gaps?
        > I think Marklin insulation joiner works well with
        > MicroTrack.
        > But I cannot remove metal joiners.
        > It seems to me that the metal joiner is firmly
        > spot-bonded to rail.
        > Is cutting rail the only solution?
        >

        > Regards.
        >
        > Yuji Kuwabara

      • Cliff Travis
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2007
          Hi,
          If you look at the rail joiner with a magnifier you will see little
          tabs on the joiner which are bet aver the rail whr they fit into a
          slot. Use a sharp edge to beend abck the tabs and the joiner comes
          right off. I've ramoved dozens fron extensible tracks used for
          joining modules. I've also found that a gap can esily be made with a
          sceoll saw equipped with a #6 or #8 blade. The gap is almost
          invisible . i Crazy glue the rail on eithr side of rhe gap but that
          is not usually necessary. The small #6/#8 teeth do not grab when
          cutting rail

          Cliff

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, de Champeaux Dominique

          _______
          > Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez vos mails vers
          Yahoo! Mail