Re: Gotthard Pass- December Model Railroader

  • Jeff BAZ-man
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2007
      I am sure that MR has a LOT of people submitting articles AND photos
      so they are going to have to pick and choose. Of course we, like
      even the opposite G scalars, are going to be left out of many.

      Rather than focus on articles, remember to just submit regular
      photos. Some, expecially Juergs, should have a better than zero
      chance at some point. I've have a collection that I have found that
      great composition and quality. I use those to promote Z. However,
      many are only 640x480 size where I would prefer at least 1280x1024
      to make a more uniform look on most anyone's display.

      Just keep mailing them in with a "Z scale" tag on it. Statistics.
      It's all about statistics.

      Jeff--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell"
      <jimo.crcmnvgtr@...> wrote:

      > Friends, I heard via the grapevine that my name was mentioned
      here. So
      > here I am with my two cents worth like it or not. I have had less
      than
      > satisfactory dealings in the past with Model RailRoader Magazine.
      > submitted my Original CCRR layout to them, the 2'x3' one. I got
      the
      > biggest run around and down right rude responses from MRR, that
      when
      > contacted by Rob, who I had never heard of at the time, from Z
      Track,
      > well I jumped on board. I still have a Mr. Terry Thompson's
      email
      > from June 2004. It is the oldest item in my inbox. I keep it to
      remind
      > myself of an entity I find too full of itself. No one could
      accuse me
      > of not trying to further our scale. For those of you that put
      forth my
      > name in the same sentence with MRR thanks, but no thanks. I even
      > offered not to except any payment when I submitted my article and
      > photos to them. I just wanted exposure for Z scale. Mr. Thompson
      said
      > they were full up of articles for the forseable future. I don't
      like to
      > sit still and submitting the New CCRR and waiting until the year
      2009
      > is not for me. I'm happy to contribute to Z track, but I have no
      > inclination to fight up hill battles against anyone or anything
      that I
      > feel are only interested in the bottom line and have no real
      regard for
      > all segments of the hobby. Cheers, Jim CCRR

    • David Epling
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007
        Without naming names....one of the major problems I had with MR was with
        editors no longer there, perhaps a re-thinking of the situation with the
        newer staff in mind might change a few things in the ay MR looks at things
        these days.

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007
          David, Fair enough. I don't know if Mr. Thompson is still there or
          not. But I will tell you something, unless one of the new editors
          paying my rent I think they should be named if someone has had
          problems. I stand by my previous statements. Cheers, Jim CCRR

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David Epling" <david_epling@...>
          wrote:

          > Without naming names....one of the major problems I had with MR was
          with
          > editors no longer there, perhaps a re-thinking of the situation
          with the
          > newer staff in mind might change a few things in the ay MR looks at
          things
          > these days.

        • David Epling
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007
            Thompson is gone...as is the guy I dealt with. It seems to me that it is now
            pretty much all new people except for Jim and Andy

            I've been giving some thought to re-submitting a couple of my photos to
            Trackside photos because of it