Re: Layout building advice...

  • David
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 27, 2007
      the blue or pink foam is available from home depo or lowes as siding
      foam. you want to use the liquid nails SAFE FOR FOAM adhesive in a
      caulking tube. i used this to attach the itb lines rubberized cork
      roadbed to the stririne type base i built up for my suite case layout
      . the foam comes in several thicknisses 1-1/2 -2" is good and can be
      cut with a sharp box cutter or drywall knife.

      one more thought you can get a custom made equiptment case made by
      long island case co in ny about 75 .00 looks like the alumnium marklyn
      for 3x less the cost.

      Dave Bierman

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ellsworth Geib" <geib@...> wrote:

      > In addition to what Aaron and Glen said, there is another
      possibility for a base. 2-inch
      > (about 5 cm) thick blue (or pink) foam is available and used by the
      building industry in the
      > US.

      ....<snipped for brevity>....