Re: Herritage Train Show

  • Thomas Welsch
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 24, 2007
      You would be surprised how many kid's parents or
      > people in a wheel chair comment to others how neat it was to be able
      > to see the layout so easily. This is especially so in the 'canyon'
      > area where a person in a wheelchair can look DOWN at the layout!!

      That is exactly the reason the MidweZt HaulerZ display our modules on
      top of the banquet tables supplied by the show.

      Thom Welsch
      MidweZt HaulerZ
    • Glen Chenier
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 25, 2007
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Don Avila" <d.f.avila@...> wrote:
        >You would be surprised how many kid's parents or
        > people in a wheel chair comment to others how neat it was to be able
        > to see the layout so easily.

        Have heard the same at train shows; parents really appreciate child
        height displays.

        Picture yourself at a train show as the typical parent of 3 little
        kids, maybe 4,5,6, years old (yes, you've been busy :-), and have
        lectured them firmly about keeping their hands at their sides and off
        the trains. At every display at 54 inches height you have to lift each
        kid. In an hour your arms and back are aching and the kids have seen
        little.

        Then you come across a beautiful layout at which all the kids can see
        the trains without being lifted up. Wonderful! Then you have time to
        look at it yourself and realize that of all the layout displays you
        have just seen, this one seems to have a very realistic ratio of train
        size to those incredibly detailed landscape features. You inquire as
        to the scale and are told Z. You pull out your camera and take a few
        pictures.

        In many cases the result is to go home and start thinking about
        building your own layout. After doing some research into the various
        scales, images of that fantastic Z scale display with the huge
        mountains relative to the train size keep coming back.

        The zmaller the train, the bigger the mountainz.