Re: Introduction and a Question

  • Robert Ray
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 7, 2007
      David Epling wrote:
      > We have a Z scale project coming up and I am looking for what is
      available
      > in Z Scale for the Western Pacific and if anyone makes decals for Z
      Scale
      > that we could custom paint our Z Scale equipment for the Western
      Pacific.

      I have some decals for WP Opera Window Centerbeams, and WP Woodship
      Hoppers (the modern ones that there were 10 of).

      -Robert Ray
    • Karin Snyder
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 7, 2007
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David Epling" <frrsweb@...> wrote:

        Greetings and thank you for stepping into our "World of Tiny" forum,
        Mr. Epling! It would be a fun family trip to drive down to visit your
        museum.

        Just wanted to let you know that we have two WP styles of Z scale
        rolling stock on hand (my husband is an MTL dealer).

        WP 60'Flat Car, RD# WP2162, Reg.price $15.25 your cost $11.43 (at least
        10 in stock).
        WP 50' Standard Box Plug Door RD# WP55933 (red feather logo), Reg.price
        $21.10 your cost $15.82 (only 2 left in stock), all plus mailing.

        Please show us pictures of your Z exhibit when it is completed!

        Karin Snyder
        Medford, OR
      • David George
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 7, 2007
          "Karin Snyder",,,,what a nice sound.

          Mister Dave

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 7, 2007
            Does have kind of a nice ring to it doesn't it Dave.....

            Don't get caught in a fog bank while you're over in London,
            but do have loads of fun while there.

            Loren

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 7, 2007
              Hi David,

              I have WP Silver Feather passenger car decals for a Marklin 6 car set. LMK,

              Michael Hilliard
              Wilton, CT USA

              David Epling <frrsweb@...> wrote:
              Hello,

              My name is David Epling. I am actually an N scale modeler with some HO scale
              equipment. I am the Model Railroad Committee Chairman for the Western
              Pacific Railroad Museum in Portola CA.

              We have a Z scale project coming up and I am looking for what is available
              in Z Scale for the Western Pacific and if anyone makes decals for Z Scale
              that we could custom paint our Z Scale equipment for the Western Pacific.

              Thanks

              David Epling
              FRRS/WPRM Webmaster
              WPRM Operating Department
              Model Railroad Committee Chairman
              http://www.wplives.org

            • David Epling
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 8, 2007
                Thank You
                I know that over the past few years Micro-Trains has put out some
                rolling stock for WP.
                If you write me off line and can see what WP items I have in my store
                that might help you.
                Aaron Poscovsky
                admin@...
                zscalemodeltrains.com
                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David Epling" <frrsweb@...> wrote:

                > Hello,
                >
                > My name is David Epling. I am actually an N scale modeler with some
                HO scale
                > equipment. I am the Model Railroad Committee Chairman for the Western
                > Pacific Railroad Museum in Portola CA.
                >
                > We have a Z scale project coming up and I am looking for what is
                available
                > in Z Scale for the Western Pacific and if anyone makes decals for Z
                Scale
                > that we could custom paint our Z Scale equipment for the Western
                Pacific.

                > Thanks
                >
                > David Epling
                > FRRS/WPRM Webmaster
                > WPRM Operating Department
                > Model Railroad Committee Chairman
                > http://www.wplives.org

              • David Epling
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 8, 2007
                  Ok thanks.

                  David

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 8, 2007
                    Thank you, I'll be saying more later tonight or more likely tomorrow as I
                    have to report/present the proposal to the FRRS Board of Directors tonight.

                    When you visit, give me a heads up, we'll give you the nickel tour. We close
                    for the Winter in November. Re-open in March, Although Memorial Day - Labor
                    Day is the best as everything is fully open and our caboose passenger trains
                    are running on weekends then.

                    David

                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 8, 2007
                      Thank you, what I am doing is compiling a list of the replies and where to
                      find the stuff mentioned.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 15, 2007
                        here`s a list of what was made for Western Pacific in Z scale, most of
                        which are now discontinued: Micro-Trains made 14 cars : 524 00 020 60 ft
                        flatcar #2162/ 14903 40 ft plug door boxcar # 20481/ 14141 two pack
                        orange 40 ft boxcars # 1952 and # 1953/ 14108 silver 40 ft boxcar # 19502/
                        14101 brown 40 ft boxcar # 20823/ 13712 50 ft double door boxcar # 35182/
                        13603 50 ft plug door boxcar #55943/ 507 00 031 50 ft plug door box car #
                        55933 (this is reprint of 13603)/ 14422 39 ft tank car #1124/ 14314 38 ft
                        gondola #7064/ 13105 50 ft gondola #6610/ pair of silver and orange cabooses
                        both with stock number 14709 reporting numbers #784 and #786/ MT also made
                        both a powered and unpowered F7A neither of which has a road number, also
                        there is a Marklin silver 50 ft boxcar # 20315, mine was in box with the
                        stock number 8671 which I don`t know if it got back into the correct box
                        after being run ??
                        >From: "David Epling" <frrsweb@...>
                        >To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
                        >Subject: [Z_Scale] Introduction and a Question
                        >Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 02:22:44 -0700
                        >
                        >Hello,
                        >
                        >My name is David Epling. I am actually an N scale modeler with some HO
                        >scale
                        >equipment. I am the Model Railroad Committee Chairman for the Western
                        >Pacific Railroad Museum in Portola CA.
                        >
                        >We have a Z scale project coming up and I am looking for what is available
                        >in Z Scale for the Western Pacific and if anyone makes decals for Z Scale
                        >that we could custom paint our Z Scale equipment for the Western Pacific.
                        >
                        >Thanks
                        >
                        >David Epling
                        >FRRS/WPRM Webmaster
                        >WPRM Operating Department
                        >Model Railroad Committee Chairman
                        >http://www.wplives.org

                        Discover sweet stuff waiting for you at the Messenger Cafe.� Claim your
                        treat today!
                        http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_SeptHMtagline2