Re: CCRR/Southern Division

  • Jim O'Connell
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 3 11:46 AM
      Ell, No I was refering to the above right Home Page photo on the
      front of the Ztrack Magazine. That has two photos of the New CCRR on
      the front page. Cheers, Jim CCRR

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ellsworth Geib" <geib@...> wrote:

      > Are you referring to the 4th photo in your album titled "A New
      Central California RR"? That
      > looks more like home to me. I can't find anything for your new
      CCRR/Southern Division. As
      > others have expressed, you do marvelous work.
      >
      > Ell
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@>
      wrote:

      > > Ell, Eastern Woodlands is a hard location to beat. Check out
      sort of
      > > similar vegitation in the photo above and right. Hope you enjoy
      the New
      > > CCRR. Cheers, Jim CCRR
      > >
      > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ellsworth Geib" <geib@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I am an East coast person Jim. I prefer rolling hills, trees,
      and
      > > water.
      > > >
      > > > Ell Geib
      > > >
      > > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell"
      <jimo.crcmnvgtr@>

      > > the

    • Ellsworth Geib
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 4 6:28 PM
        Jim,

        Ztrack arrived today (Sep. 4). The pics of your layout are great. I'm going to take a good
        look at all of them. Thanks.

        Ell

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@...> wrote:

        > Ell, No I was refering to the above right Home Page photo on the
        > front of the Ztrack Magazine. That has two photos of the New CCRR on
        > the front page. Cheers, Jim CCRR
        >
        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ellsworth Geib" <geib@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Are you referring to the 4th photo in your album titled "A New
        > Central California RR"? That
        > > looks more like home to me. I can't find anything for your new
        > CCRR/Southern Division. As
        > > others have expressed, you do marvelous work.
        > >
        > > Ell
        > >
        > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@>
        > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Ell, Eastern Woodlands is a hard location to beat. Check out
        > sort of
        > > > similar vegitation in the photo above and right. Hope you enjoy
        > the New
        > > > CCRR. Cheers, Jim CCRR

        > and
        > > > water.

        > <jimo.crcmnvgtr@>

        > you like
        > > > the

      • Jim O'Connell
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 5 7:14 AM
          Ell, Glad you like the New CCRR article in this month's Ztrack. I'm
          sort of at the end of the mailing list here in SoCal so most of you
          will have a peak before me. Rob, seems pretty excited, I hope all of
          you who get your hands on a copy are as well. Thanks, Jim CCRR

        • de Champeaux Dominique
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 11 11:34 PM
            I've just received the last issue of Z Track. And
            myself I also love this layout! Congratulations, Jim!
            However, could you add some data on a next issue, ie
            trackplan, data about turnouts (MTL? Marklin? Aspen?
            Fast Track? Handlaid?), wiring (DCC? Cab Control?),
            minimum curve radius, etc...I should appreciate!

            All the best,

            Dom

            --- Jim O'Connell <jimo.crcmnvgtr@...> a écrit :

            > Ell, Glad you like the New CCRR article in this
            > month's Ztrack. I'm
            > sort of at the end of the mailing list here in SoCal
            > so most of you
            > will have a peak before me. Rob, seems pretty
            > excited, I hope all of
            > you who get your hands on a copy are as well.
            > Thanks, Jim CCRR

          • Jim O'Connell
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 12 11:44 AM
              Dom, Thank you for the kind words. If you have got your issue in
              Paris then I would expect everyone to have got theirs. Interestingly
              you are the only one who took the time to make a comment publicly
              about the layout. Thank you. I remember a time when this site was
              famous for congratulatory remarks. I give my share, but sadly most
              don't anymore. Every one may busy with this and that, but the fact
              that postings on this website are down by 60% should be a cause for
              concern. I don't need the congrats. I'm content with my own progress
              in Z railroading. Sadly, many new Z scalers new to this site are not
              getting those congrats and pats on the back I feel they may need.
              After a while of just reading they become bored or what ever, and
              disappear never to be heard from again. Then we are back to the same
              twenty-five contributers. Over on Z Central Station there is a
              more "photo" oriented site and members are quick to make comments and
              give help because they are shown the latest photos first thing on the
              home page. Here we expect folks to remember how many new photos were
              on the page the last time we looked, then figure out if there might
              be something new. I'm sure the powers that be would change many
              things here if they could. They are under constraints put on them by
              Yahoo. Z Central Station is owned by one person the site seems to be
              working. Is it time for the owners of this site to give Z_scale
              another look and possible create a new website? Cheers, Jim CCRR

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, de Champeaux Dominique

              _______
              > Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez vos mails vers
              Yahoo! Mail

            • loren snyder
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 12 12:54 PM
                wrote:

                > Dom, Thank you for the kind words. If you have got your issue in
                > Paris then I would expect everyone to have got theirs. Interestingly
                > you are the only one who took the time to make a comment publicly
                > about the layout. Thank you. I remember a time when this site was
                > famous for congratulatory remarks. I give my share, but sadly most
                > don't anymore. Every one may busy with this and that, but the fact
                > that postings on this website are down by 60% should be a cause for
                > concern.

                Jim,
                I haven't received my Z Track yet, but that's ok, as I don't have time
                to read it thoroughly anyway. I haven't had time to touch my trains
                for 5 months now.......too busy with other things in life. I suspect
                that is the case with most folks, just life in general taking up their
                time.

                Now that the lawn and weeds aren't growing so fast I have more time to
                get the yard ready for fall, but of course, that seems to be the
                favorite time for all the leaves to fall, the gutters need cleaning
                out, winterizing different items, etc.

                I'm afraid model railroading just has to take a back seat to the other
                priorities in life.
                Loren
              • Jim O'Connell
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 12 1:00 PM
                  Loren, Good excuse. However, they use burn you at the stake for
                  uttery such heresies as, 'just life in general taking up their time'.
                  Certainly nothing can be more important than Z scale right? Right?
                  Back to the drawing boards, Jim CCRR

                  > Jim,
                  > I haven't received my Z Track yet, but that's ok, as I don't have
                  time
                  > to read it thoroughly anyway. I haven't had time to touch my trains
                  > for 5 months now.......too busy with other things in life. I
                  suspect
                  > that is the case with most folks, just life in general taking up
                  their
                  > time.
                  >
                  > Now that the lawn and weeds aren't growing so fast I have more time
                  > get the yard ready for fall, but of course, that seems to be the
                  > favorite time for all the leaves to fall, the gutters need cleaning
                  > out, winterizing different items, etc.
                  >
                  > I'm afraid model railroading just has to take a back seat to the
                  other
                  > priorities in life.
                  > Loren

                • Loren Snyder
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 12 1:04 PM
                    Jim,
                    Well, I know a lot of wives that would slam the door on too much Z scale. I
                    even know one guy who wants his Z scale sent to his office so his wife won't
                    find out. No Z support there.

                    I do joke that Z is the only important thing in life, but I have to wink at
                    the same time. I really do wish I could spend time on it like some seem to
                    be able to do. Maybe someday. Of course someday may mean the day before
                    you go senile......and then it is all over except the selling off of the
                    collections and tearing up the track.

                    Not back to the drawing board, but back to the lab.......it's always there
                    for me whether I like it or not.
                    Loren

                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 12 1:20 PM
                      Karin,
                      Run quick.... somebody has kidnapped the real Loren... that has to
                      be an imposter!... have you seen seed pods in the area?... ron

                      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Dom, Thank you for the kind words. If you have got your issue
                      in
                      > > Paris then I would expect everyone to have got theirs.
                      Interestingly
                      > > you are the only one who took the time to make a comment
                      publicly
                      > > about the layout. Thank you. I remember a time when this site
                      was
                      > > famous for congratulatory remarks. I give my share, but sadly
                      most
                      > > don't anymore. Every one may busy with this and that, but the
                      fact
                      > > that postings on this website are down by 60% should be a cause
                      for
                      > > concern.
                      >
                      > Jim,
                      > I haven't received my Z Track yet, but that's ok, as I don't have
                      time
                      > to read it thoroughly anyway. I haven't had time to touch my
                      trains
                      > for 5 months now.......too busy with other things in life. I
                      suspect
                      > that is the case with most folks, just life in general taking up
                      their
                      > time.
                      >
                      > Now that the lawn and weeds aren't growing so fast I have more
                      time to
                      > get the yard ready for fall, but of course, that seems to be the
                      > favorite time for all the leaves to fall, the gutters need cleaning
                      > out, winterizing different items, etc.
                      >
                      > I'm afraid model railroading just has to take a back seat to the
                      other
                      > priorities in life.
                      > Loren

                    • Thomas Creighton Sr

                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 12 10:05 PM
                          > Well, I know a lot of wives that would slam the door on too much Z scale. I
                          > even know one guy who wants his Z scale sent to his office so his wife won't
                          > find out.

                          SNITCH! I'll deny it to the end!