Re: CCRR/Southern Division

  • Ellsworth Geib
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 3, 2007
      Are you referring to the 4th photo in your album titled "A New Central California RR"? That
      looks more like home to me. I can't find anything for your new CCRR/Southern Division. As
      others have expressed, you do marvelous work.

      Ell

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@...> wrote:

      > Ell, Eastern Woodlands is a hard location to beat. Check out sort of
      > similar vegitation in the photo above and right. Hope you enjoy the New
      > CCRR. Cheers, Jim CCRR
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ellsworth Geib" <geib@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am an East coast person Jim. I prefer rolling hills, trees, and
      > water.
      > >
      > > Ell Geib
      > >
      > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Ell, Nope. CCRR/Southern Division. Or maybe CCRR/South. Do you like
      > the
      > > > desert look? Cheers, Jim CCRR

    • Jim O'Connell
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 3, 2007
        Ell, No I was refering to the above right Home Page photo on the
        front of the Ztrack Magazine. That has two photos of the New CCRR on
        the front page. Cheers, Jim CCRR

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ellsworth Geib" <geib@...> wrote:

        > Are you referring to the 4th photo in your album titled "A New
        Central California RR"? That
        > looks more like home to me. I can't find anything for your new
        CCRR/Southern Division. As
        > others have expressed, you do marvelous work.
        >
        > Ell
        >
        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@>
        wrote:

        > > Ell, Eastern Woodlands is a hard location to beat. Check out
        sort of
        > > similar vegitation in the photo above and right. Hope you enjoy
        the New
        > > CCRR. Cheers, Jim CCRR
        > >
        > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ellsworth Geib" <geib@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I am an East coast person Jim. I prefer rolling hills, trees,
        and
        > > water.
        > > >
        > > > Ell Geib
        > > >
        > > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell"
        <jimo.crcmnvgtr@>

        > > the

      • Ellsworth Geib
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 4, 2007
          Jim,

          Ztrack arrived today (Sep. 4). The pics of your layout are great. I'm going to take a good
          look at all of them. Thanks.

          Ell

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@...> wrote:

          > Ell, No I was refering to the above right Home Page photo on the
          > front of the Ztrack Magazine. That has two photos of the New CCRR on
          > the front page. Cheers, Jim CCRR
          >
          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ellsworth Geib" <geib@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Are you referring to the 4th photo in your album titled "A New
          > Central California RR"? That
          > > looks more like home to me. I can't find anything for your new
          > CCRR/Southern Division. As
          > > others have expressed, you do marvelous work.
          > >
          > > Ell
          > >
          > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@>
          > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Ell, Eastern Woodlands is a hard location to beat. Check out
          > sort of
          > > > similar vegitation in the photo above and right. Hope you enjoy
          > the New
          > > > CCRR. Cheers, Jim CCRR

          > and
          > > > water.

          > <jimo.crcmnvgtr@>

          > you like
          > > > the

        • Jim O'Connell
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 5, 2007
            Ell, Glad you like the New CCRR article in this month's Ztrack. I'm
            sort of at the end of the mailing list here in SoCal so most of you
            will have a peak before me. Rob, seems pretty excited, I hope all of
            you who get your hands on a copy are as well. Thanks, Jim CCRR

          • de Champeaux Dominique
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 11, 2007
              I've just received the last issue of Z Track. And
              myself I also love this layout! Congratulations, Jim!
              However, could you add some data on a next issue, ie
              trackplan, data about turnouts (MTL? Marklin? Aspen?
              Fast Track? Handlaid?), wiring (DCC? Cab Control?),
              minimum curve radius, etc...I should appreciate!

              All the best,

              Dom

              --- Jim O'Connell <jimo.crcmnvgtr@...> a écrit :

              > Ell, Glad you like the New CCRR article in this
              > month's Ztrack. I'm
              > sort of at the end of the mailing list here in SoCal
              > so most of you
              > will have a peak before me. Rob, seems pretty
              > excited, I hope all of
              > you who get your hands on a copy are as well.
              > Thanks, Jim CCRR

            • Jim O'Connell
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 12, 2007
                Dom, Thank you for the kind words. If you have got your issue in
                Paris then I would expect everyone to have got theirs. Interestingly
                you are the only one who took the time to make a comment publicly
                about the layout. Thank you. I remember a time when this site was
                famous for congratulatory remarks. I give my share, but sadly most
                don't anymore. Every one may busy with this and that, but the fact
                that postings on this website are down by 60% should be a cause for
                concern. I don't need the congrats. I'm content with my own progress
                in Z railroading. Sadly, many new Z scalers new to this site are not
                getting those congrats and pats on the back I feel they may need.
                After a while of just reading they become bored or what ever, and
                disappear never to be heard from again. Then we are back to the same
                twenty-five contributers. Over on Z Central Station there is a
                more "photo" oriented site and members are quick to make comments and
                give help because they are shown the latest photos first thing on the
                home page. Here we expect folks to remember how many new photos were
                on the page the last time we looked, then figure out if there might
                be something new. I'm sure the powers that be would change many
                things here if they could. They are under constraints put on them by
                Yahoo. Z Central Station is owned by one person the site seems to be
                working. Is it time for the owners of this site to give Z_scale
                another look and possible create a new website? Cheers, Jim CCRR

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, de Champeaux Dominique

                _______
                > Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez vos mails vers
                Yahoo! Mail

              • loren snyder
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 12, 2007
                  wrote:

                  > Dom, Thank you for the kind words. If you have got your issue in
                  > Paris then I would expect everyone to have got theirs. Interestingly
                  > you are the only one who took the time to make a comment publicly
                  > about the layout. Thank you. I remember a time when this site was
                  > famous for congratulatory remarks. I give my share, but sadly most
                  > don't anymore. Every one may busy with this and that, but the fact
                  > that postings on this website are down by 60% should be a cause for
                  > concern.

                  Jim,
                  I haven't received my Z Track yet, but that's ok, as I don't have time
                  to read it thoroughly anyway. I haven't had time to touch my trains
                  for 5 months now.......too busy with other things in life. I suspect
                  that is the case with most folks, just life in general taking up their
                  time.

                  Now that the lawn and weeds aren't growing so fast I have more time to
                  get the yard ready for fall, but of course, that seems to be the
                  favorite time for all the leaves to fall, the gutters need cleaning
                  out, winterizing different items, etc.

                  I'm afraid model railroading just has to take a back seat to the other
                  priorities in life.
                  Loren
                • Jim O'Connell
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 12, 2007
                    Loren, Good excuse. However, they use burn you at the stake for
                    uttery such heresies as, 'just life in general taking up their time'.
                    Certainly nothing can be more important than Z scale right? Right?
                    Back to the drawing boards, Jim CCRR

                    > Jim,
                    > I haven't received my Z Track yet, but that's ok, as I don't have
                    time
                    > to read it thoroughly anyway. I haven't had time to touch my trains
                    > for 5 months now.......too busy with other things in life. I
                    suspect
                    > that is the case with most folks, just life in general taking up
                    their
                    > time.
                    >
                    > Now that the lawn and weeds aren't growing so fast I have more time
                    > get the yard ready for fall, but of course, that seems to be the
                    > favorite time for all the leaves to fall, the gutters need cleaning
                    > out, winterizing different items, etc.
                    >
                    > I'm afraid model railroading just has to take a back seat to the
                    other
                    > priorities in life.
                    > Loren

                  • Loren Snyder
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 12, 2007
                      Jim,
                      Well, I know a lot of wives that would slam the door on too much Z scale. I
                      even know one guy who wants his Z scale sent to his office so his wife won't
                      find out. No Z support there.

                      I do joke that Z is the only important thing in life, but I have to wink at
                      the same time. I really do wish I could spend time on it like some seem to
                      be able to do. Maybe someday. Of course someday may mean the day before
                      you go senile......and then it is all over except the selling off of the
                      collections and tearing up the track.

                      Not back to the drawing board, but back to the lab.......it's always there
                      for me whether I like it or not.
                      Loren

                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 12, 2007
                        Karin,
                        Run quick.... somebody has kidnapped the real Loren... that has to
                        be an imposter!... have you seen seed pods in the area?... ron

                        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Dom, Thank you for the kind words. If you have got your issue
                        in
                        > > Paris then I would expect everyone to have got theirs.
                        Interestingly
                        > > you are the only one who took the time to make a comment
                        publicly
                        > > about the layout. Thank you. I remember a time when this site
                        was
                        > > famous for congratulatory remarks. I give my share, but sadly
                        most
                        > > don't anymore. Every one may busy with this and that, but the
                        fact
                        > > that postings on this website are down by 60% should be a cause
                        for
                        > > concern.
                        >
                        > Jim,
                        > I haven't received my Z Track yet, but that's ok, as I don't have
                        time
                        > to read it thoroughly anyway. I haven't had time to touch my
                        trains
                        > for 5 months now.......too busy with other things in life. I
                        suspect
                        > that is the case with most folks, just life in general taking up
                        their
                        > time.
                        >
                        > Now that the lawn and weeds aren't growing so fast I have more
                        time to
                        > get the yard ready for fall, but of course, that seems to be the
                        > favorite time for all the leaves to fall, the gutters need cleaning
                        > out, winterizing different items, etc.
                        >
                        > I'm afraid model railroading just has to take a back seat to the
                        other
                        > priorities in life.
                        > Loren

                      • Thomas Creighton Sr

                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 12, 2007
                            > Well, I know a lot of wives that would slam the door on too much Z scale. I
                            > even know one guy who wants his Z scale sent to his office so his wife won't
                            > find out.

                            SNITCH! I'll deny it to the end!