Re: Marklin Uncouplers

  • solo_clipper
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
      Another solution is to use MicroTrains couplers. They too will
      uncouplemagnetically, but some don't like their appearance on European
      prototype trains. Of course others will argue that there is nothing
      less appealing than the appearance of Marklin couplers.
      In any event, the Marklin uncoupler just doesn't work.

      Best,
      -Rob

      I found this old thread and am in the same situation. Do I switch to
      MicroTrain couplers on my European prototype trains? Is it a tough job
      to do about 20 units? I want to use the MicroTrain sectional track and
      want an uncoupler track. If anybody has done this tell me of your
      experiances.
    • Ralph Scott
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 5, 2007
        Try the jorger system - uses existing marklin couplers with tiny magnets attached and an electromagnet under the track - not cheap but 100% succesfull and easy to install.
        I use it in a fully automated end to end situation.
        Ralph