Re: [Z_Scale] Re: CCRR/Southern Division

  • Ed Dalman
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 2, 2007
      Yesterday I did see and hold Jim’s dessert diorama. As usually Jim did a remarkable job! I have traveled with my motorhome quite often thru and stayed at the dessert. It is a totally different landscape and the cacti and colors are difficult to imitate, but Jim mastered it by at least 90% if not more!!! Observe how he finished the MTL track.
      I lived at the east coast, the Midwest, western slopes in Colorado and now in “paradise”, the San Diego area.

      Ed,
      Lakeside, CA.

      Ellsworth Geib <geib@...> wrote: I am an East coast person Jim. I prefer rolling hills, trees, and water.

      Ell Geib

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@...> wrote:

      > Ell, Nope. CCRR/Southern Division. Or maybe CCRR/South. Do you like the
      > desert look? Cheers, Jim CCRR

    • Robert Toole
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 2, 2007
        Ed,
        How is your layout comming ? ? ?

        Robert
        Hemetbahn

        Ed Dalman <dalman220z@...> wrote:
        Yesterday I did see and hold Jim’s dessert diorama. As usually Jim did a remarkable job! I have traveled with my motorhome quite often thru and stayed at the dessert. It is a totally different landscape and the cacti and colors are difficult to imitate, but Jim mastered it by at least 90% if not more!!! Observe how he finished the MTL track.
        I lived at the east coast, the Midwest, western slopes in Colorado and now in “paradise”, the San Diego area.

        Ed,
        Lakeside, CA.

        Ellsworth Geib <geib@...> wrote: I am an East coast person Jim. I prefer rolling hills, trees, and water.

        Ell Geib

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@...> wrote:

        > Ell, Nope. CCRR/Southern Division. Or maybe CCRR/South. Do you like the
        > desert look? Cheers, Jim CCRR

      • Ellsworth Geib
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 3, 2007
          Are you referring to the 4th photo in your album titled "A New Central California RR"? That
          looks more like home to me. I can't find anything for your new CCRR/Southern Division. As
          others have expressed, you do marvelous work.

          Ell

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@...> wrote:

          > Ell, Eastern Woodlands is a hard location to beat. Check out sort of
          > similar vegitation in the photo above and right. Hope you enjoy the New
          > CCRR. Cheers, Jim CCRR
          >
          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ellsworth Geib" <geib@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I am an East coast person Jim. I prefer rolling hills, trees, and
          > water.
          > >
          > > Ell Geib
          > >
          > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@>
          > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Ell, Nope. CCRR/Southern Division. Or maybe CCRR/South. Do you like
          > the
          > > > desert look? Cheers, Jim CCRR

        • Jim O'Connell
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 3, 2007
            Ell, No I was refering to the above right Home Page photo on the
            front of the Ztrack Magazine. That has two photos of the New CCRR on
            the front page. Cheers, Jim CCRR

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ellsworth Geib" <geib@...> wrote:

            > Are you referring to the 4th photo in your album titled "A New
            Central California RR"? That
            > looks more like home to me. I can't find anything for your new
            CCRR/Southern Division. As
            > others have expressed, you do marvelous work.
            >
            > Ell
            >
            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@>
            wrote:

            > > Ell, Eastern Woodlands is a hard location to beat. Check out
            sort of
            > > similar vegitation in the photo above and right. Hope you enjoy
            the New
            > > CCRR. Cheers, Jim CCRR
            > >
            > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ellsworth Geib" <geib@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I am an East coast person Jim. I prefer rolling hills, trees,
            and
            > > water.
            > > >
            > > > Ell Geib
            > > >
            > > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell"
            <jimo.crcmnvgtr@>

            > > the

          • Ellsworth Geib
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 4, 2007
              Jim,

              Ztrack arrived today (Sep. 4). The pics of your layout are great. I'm going to take a good
              look at all of them. Thanks.

              Ell

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@...> wrote:

              > Ell, No I was refering to the above right Home Page photo on the
              > front of the Ztrack Magazine. That has two photos of the New CCRR on
              > the front page. Cheers, Jim CCRR
              >
              > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ellsworth Geib" <geib@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Are you referring to the 4th photo in your album titled "A New
              > Central California RR"? That
              > > looks more like home to me. I can't find anything for your new
              > CCRR/Southern Division. As
              > > others have expressed, you do marvelous work.
              > >
              > > Ell
              > >
              > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@>
              > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Ell, Eastern Woodlands is a hard location to beat. Check out
              > sort of
              > > > similar vegitation in the photo above and right. Hope you enjoy
              > the New
              > > > CCRR. Cheers, Jim CCRR

              > and
              > > > water.

              > <jimo.crcmnvgtr@>

              > you like
              > > > the

            • Jim O'Connell
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 5, 2007
                Ell, Glad you like the New CCRR article in this month's Ztrack. I'm
                sort of at the end of the mailing list here in SoCal so most of you
                will have a peak before me. Rob, seems pretty excited, I hope all of
                you who get your hands on a copy are as well. Thanks, Jim CCRR

              • de Champeaux Dominique
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 11, 2007
                  I've just received the last issue of Z Track. And
                  myself I also love this layout! Congratulations, Jim!
                  However, could you add some data on a next issue, ie
                  trackplan, data about turnouts (MTL? Marklin? Aspen?
                  Fast Track? Handlaid?), wiring (DCC? Cab Control?),
                  minimum curve radius, etc...I should appreciate!

                  All the best,

                  Dom

                  --- Jim O'Connell <jimo.crcmnvgtr@...> a écrit :

                  > Ell, Glad you like the New CCRR article in this
                  > month's Ztrack. I'm
                  > sort of at the end of the mailing list here in SoCal
                  > so most of you
                  > will have a peak before me. Rob, seems pretty
                  > excited, I hope all of
                  > you who get your hands on a copy are as well.
                  > Thanks, Jim CCRR

                • Jim O'Connell
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 12, 2007
                    Dom, Thank you for the kind words. If you have got your issue in
                    Paris then I would expect everyone to have got theirs. Interestingly
                    you are the only one who took the time to make a comment publicly
                    about the layout. Thank you. I remember a time when this site was
                    famous for congratulatory remarks. I give my share, but sadly most
                    don't anymore. Every one may busy with this and that, but the fact
                    that postings on this website are down by 60% should be a cause for
                    concern. I don't need the congrats. I'm content with my own progress
                    in Z railroading. Sadly, many new Z scalers new to this site are not
                    getting those congrats and pats on the back I feel they may need.
                    After a while of just reading they become bored or what ever, and
                    disappear never to be heard from again. Then we are back to the same
                    twenty-five contributers. Over on Z Central Station there is a
                    more "photo" oriented site and members are quick to make comments and
                    give help because they are shown the latest photos first thing on the
                    home page. Here we expect folks to remember how many new photos were
                    on the page the last time we looked, then figure out if there might
                    be something new. I'm sure the powers that be would change many
                    things here if they could. They are under constraints put on them by
                    Yahoo. Z Central Station is owned by one person the site seems to be
                    working. Is it time for the owners of this site to give Z_scale
                    another look and possible create a new website? Cheers, Jim CCRR

                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, de Champeaux Dominique

                    _______
                    > Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez vos mails vers
                    Yahoo! Mail

                  • loren snyder
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 12, 2007
                      wrote:

                      > Dom, Thank you for the kind words. If you have got your issue in
                      > Paris then I would expect everyone to have got theirs. Interestingly
                      > you are the only one who took the time to make a comment publicly
                      > about the layout. Thank you. I remember a time when this site was
                      > famous for congratulatory remarks. I give my share, but sadly most
                      > don't anymore. Every one may busy with this and that, but the fact
                      > that postings on this website are down by 60% should be a cause for
                      > concern.

                      Jim,
                      I haven't received my Z Track yet, but that's ok, as I don't have time
                      to read it thoroughly anyway. I haven't had time to touch my trains
                      for 5 months now.......too busy with other things in life. I suspect
                      that is the case with most folks, just life in general taking up their
                      time.

                      Now that the lawn and weeds aren't growing so fast I have more time to
                      get the yard ready for fall, but of course, that seems to be the
                      favorite time for all the leaves to fall, the gutters need cleaning
                      out, winterizing different items, etc.

                      I'm afraid model railroading just has to take a back seat to the other
                      priorities in life.
                      Loren
                    • Jim O'Connell
                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 12, 2007
                        Loren, Good excuse. However, they use burn you at the stake for
                        uttery such heresies as, 'just life in general taking up their time'.
                        Certainly nothing can be more important than Z scale right? Right?
                        Back to the drawing boards, Jim CCRR

                        > Jim,
                        > I haven't received my Z Track yet, but that's ok, as I don't have
                        time
                        > to read it thoroughly anyway. I haven't had time to touch my trains
                        > for 5 months now.......too busy with other things in life. I
                        suspect
                        > that is the case with most folks, just life in general taking up
                        their
                        > time.
                        >
                        > Now that the lawn and weeds aren't growing so fast I have more time
                        > get the yard ready for fall, but of course, that seems to be the
                        > favorite time for all the leaves to fall, the gutters need cleaning
                        > out, winterizing different items, etc.
                        >
                        > I'm afraid model railroading just has to take a back seat to the
                        other
                        > priorities in life.
                        > Loren

                      • Loren Snyder
                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 12, 2007
                          Jim,
                          Well, I know a lot of wives that would slam the door on too much Z scale. I
                          even know one guy who wants his Z scale sent to his office so his wife won't
                          find out. No Z support there.

                          I do joke that Z is the only important thing in life, but I have to wink at
                          the same time. I really do wish I could spend time on it like some seem to
                          be able to do. Maybe someday. Of course someday may mean the day before
                          you go senile......and then it is all over except the selling off of the
                          collections and tearing up the track.

                          Not back to the drawing board, but back to the lab.......it's always there
                          for me whether I like it or not.
                          Loren

                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 12, 2007
                            Karin,
                            Run quick.... somebody has kidnapped the real Loren... that has to
                            be an imposter!... have you seen seed pods in the area?... ron

                            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Dom, Thank you for the kind words. If you have got your issue
                            in
                            > > Paris then I would expect everyone to have got theirs.
                            Interestingly
                            > > you are the only one who took the time to make a comment
                            publicly
                            > > about the layout. Thank you. I remember a time when this site
                            was
                            > > famous for congratulatory remarks. I give my share, but sadly
                            most
                            > > don't anymore. Every one may busy with this and that, but the
                            fact
                            > > that postings on this website are down by 60% should be a cause
                            for
                            > > concern.
                            >
                            > Jim,
                            > I haven't received my Z Track yet, but that's ok, as I don't have
                            time
                            > to read it thoroughly anyway. I haven't had time to touch my
                            trains
                            > for 5 months now.......too busy with other things in life. I
                            suspect
                            > that is the case with most folks, just life in general taking up
                            their
                            > time.
                            >
                            > Now that the lawn and weeds aren't growing so fast I have more
                            time to
                            > get the yard ready for fall, but of course, that seems to be the
                            > favorite time for all the leaves to fall, the gutters need cleaning
                            > out, winterizing different items, etc.
                            >
                            > I'm afraid model railroading just has to take a back seat to the
                            other
                            > priorities in life.
                            > Loren

                          • Thomas Creighton Sr

                              Message 14 of 19 , Sep 12, 2007
                                > Well, I know a lot of wives that would slam the door on too much Z scale. I
                                > even know one guy who wants his Z scale sent to his office so his wife won't
                                > find out.

                                SNITCH! I'll deny it to the end!