Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Another LHS drops... (and Internet Store)

  • Kez
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 31 7:20 PM
      Absolutely true Robert. As with all apects of life, we must constantly adapt to
      the ever changing world around us.

      Your ideas about YouTube are right on the money. With the right exposure, we
      may be able to grow this little hobby of ours after all.

      Keep up the great work and positive attitude. You inspire us all, Robert.

      Bryan Keyser

      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 1, 2007
        More trains shows, mae more people intertested in the hobby. Peole
        only see trains at Chirstmas time. It does take a large trains show.
        Get a few friends together, and work out a dea at a shopping mall
        large or small to run your trains.
        It can turn into a lot of fun and your meet more people interted in
        the hobby.
        The main thing to remember is "Have Fun with our hobby" run trains,
        enjoy adding items to your layout. We can't control the world, but we
        can enjoy the things in life that bring happiness to ourself and
        family.
        Aaron
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Ray" <pray59@...> wrote:

        > Kez wrote:
        >
        > > Signs of the times, I'm afraid.............global economy and all,
        > you know??
        > >

        > Yes, but there are new ways to grow the hobby popping up. It might
        be
        > the end of train stores, but there will always be hobby and craft
        > shops to get supplies from.
        >
        > I see venues like Youtube as up and coming ways to find out about Z
        > Scale and other trains. It's all in the meta tags. If you put trick
        > keywords like "Fast" "Model" "Toy" "Scale" "Trains" "Z" "Computer"
        > Controlled" "DCC" "Remote" and stuff like that, then your videos
        will
        > show up in searches.
        >
        > Kids will find them, and interest will be sparked!
        >
        > Just have to keep up with the times, and do what we can to help grow
        > the hobby!
        >
        > -Robert Ray

      • Ellsworth Geib
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 1, 2007
          Kez,

          Actually Kez, there are 2 stores in Southern Maryland that carry Z. One is in Waldorf and
          the other is in Leonardtown (Marklin). For you though, Martinsburg, WV is almost as close.

          Ell Geib
          Newburg, MD
          DC Z-Bend Track

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Kez" <bkeyser@...> wrote:

          > In just the last 3 months, we've lost the only two hobby stores that I ever
          > frequented anymore (R.I.P. Grandad's and TSG), and that leaves ONE in the DC
          > metro are that carries Z (full retail). Looks like I'll be an internet only
          > buyer for sure now.
          >
          > To be completely truthful, Grandad's is actually reopening somewhere in West
          > Virginia, but that puts it pretty well out of reach for regular visits.
          >
          > Signs of the times, I'm afraid.............global economy and all, you know??
          >
          > Bryan Keyser
          > Vienna, VA
          > DC Z-Bend Track

        • Allan Miller
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 2, 2007
            Don't forget Stoneleigh Hobby, just north of Towson/Baltimore. I
            haven't been there in a while, but he stocks--or did stock--more
            Marklin than anyone in the area.

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ellsworth Geib" <geib@...> wrote:

            > Kez,
            >
            > Actually Kez, there are 2 stores in Southern Maryland that carry Z.
            One is in Waldorf and
            > the other is in Leonardtown (Marklin). For you though, Martinsburg,
            WV is almost as close.

            > Ell Geib
            > Newburg, MD
            > DC Z-Bend Track
            >
            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Kez" <bkeyser@> wrote:
            > >
            > > In just the last 3 months, we've lost the only two hobby stores
            that I ever
            > > frequented anymore (R.I.P. Grandad's and TSG), and that leaves ONE
            in the DC
            > > metro are that carries Z (full retail). Looks like I'll be an
            internet only
            > > buyer for sure now.
            > >
            > > To be completely truthful, Grandad's is actually reopening
            somewhere in West
            > > Virginia, but that puts it pretty well out of reach for regular
            visits.

            > > Signs of the times, I'm afraid.............global economy and all,
            you know??

            > > Bryan Keyser
            > > Vienna, VA
            > > DC Z-Bend Track

          • Randall Smidt
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 2, 2007
              Yes, but only Marklin. When that's what I'm looking for, that's a good source, particularly the quarterly sales.

              randy