Re: [Z_Scale] Z Scale Easter Egg

  • John Duino
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 28 8:40 AM
      > As for the "Easter Egg", it's a long ways to April 2008.
      > Hope I understood what you are referring to...

      Maybe I'm missing something, but aren't there already 2 or 3 other
      manufacturers making those? But, it's an interesting new market for MTL!

      John
    • non
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 28 8:53 AM
        "Easter Egg" in z scale!
        Will they be in mix colors? I love the mix color Easter Egg!
        Aaron
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "John Duino" <jduino@...> wrote:

        > > As for the "Easter Egg", it's a long ways to April 2008.
        > > Hope I understood what you are referring to...
        > >
        > Maybe I'm missing something, but aren't there already 2 or 3 other
        > manufacturers making those? But, it's an interesting new market for MTL!
        >
        > John

      • ronaldjhurley
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 28 12:17 PM
          ummmm, I think the loading dock from MT that flashes up when you
          visit the site.... doesn't look much like an egg though John! but
          it is nice surprise ron

        • fredshark@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 28 12:52 PM
            "A virtual Easter egg is a hidden message or feature in an object such as a movie, book, CD, DVD, computer program, or video game. The term draws a parallel with the custom of the Easter egg hunt observed in many western nations." -- wikipedia.org

            In the case of the ZTrains.com coffee break link to RailPictures.net, the "Easter egg" is the announcement of a MTL Z-scale loading dock kit preceding the opening of RailPictures.net home page. A double entendre would be releasing the kit around Easter 2008, if the kit is indeed released at that time.

            I hope this helps.

            Cheers,

            Jeffrey Walsh
          • Reynard Wellman
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 28 2:09 PM
              Hello John Duino,
              I still don't get it. Making what? Are we looking at
              the same thing? I thought John Cubbin was referring
              to the "RailPictures.Net" and I don't see any eggs anywhere.

              Lost in cyberspace...
              Reynard
              On Aug 28, 2007, at 8:40 AM, John Duino wrote:

              > > As for the "Easter Egg", it's a long ways to April 2008.
              > > Hope I understood what you are referring to...
              > >
              > Maybe I'm missing something, but aren't there already 2 or 3 other
              > manufacturers making those? But, it's an interesting new market for
              > MTL!
              >
              > John

            • Zane H. Healy
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 28 2:45 PM
                > > Hello John Duino,
                > > I still don't get it. Making what? Are we looking at
                > > the same thing? I thought John Cubbin was referring
                > > to the "RailPictures.Net" and I don't see any eggs anywhere.

                > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote:
                > ummmm, I think the loading dock from MT that flashes up when you
                > visit the site.... doesn't look much like an egg though John! but
                > it is nice surprise ron

                I don't know about on slower computers, but on my Mac it flashed by so fast
                I couldn't really see it.

                The RailPictures.Net site is pretty cool!

                Zane
              • Reynard Wellman
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 28 3:35 PM
                  Hi Jeffrey,

                  Yes, I saw and ignored the loading dock ... A wood loading dock
                  has to be one of the easiest things any serious model railroader
                  can make from scored basswood and thin styrene strips, in
                  fact I built one when I was a pre-teen back in the stone age.
                  For about $3.00 dollars, you can build about
                  twenty Z scale ones in two evenings ;>)

                  That's the fun of model railroading!

                  regardZ,
                  Reynard

                  On Aug 28, 2007, at 12:52 PM, fredshark@... wrote:

                  > "A virtual Easter egg is a hidden message or feature in an object
                  > such as a movie, book, CD, DVD, computer program, or video game.
                  > The term draws a parallel with the custom of the Easter egg hunt
                  > observed in many western nations." -- wikipedia.org
                  >
                  > In the case of the ZTrains.com coffee break link to
                  > RailPictures.net, the "Easter egg" is the announcement of a MTL Z-
                  > scale loading dock kit preceding the opening of RailPictures.net
                  > home page. A double entendre would be releasing the kit around
                  > Easter 2008, if the kit is indeed released at that time.
                  >
                  > I hope this helps.
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  >
                  > Jeffrey Walsh

                • Ellsworth Geib
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 29 8:19 AM
                    Zane,

                    The pic did not last long on my computer either (also a fairly fast Mac). I don't think it had
                    anything to do with the computer though, the page was probably set to diaplay only for a
                    second or two. After the RailPictures.net page came up, I simply clicked on the Page Back
                    button and the MTL loading dock page showed up and stayed.

                    Ell Geib

                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@...> wrote:

                    > > > Hello John Duino,
                    > > > I still don't get it. Making what? Are we looking at
                    > > > the same thing? I thought John Cubbin was referring
                    > > > to the "RailPictures.Net" and I don't see any eggs anywhere.
                    >
                    > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Reynard Wellman <micron@> wrote:
                    > > ummmm, I think the loading dock from MT that flashes up when you
                    > > visit the site.... doesn't look much like an egg though John! but
                    > > it is nice surprise ron
                    >
                    > I don't know about on slower computers, but on my Mac it flashed by so fast
                    > I couldn't really see it.
                    >
                    > The RailPictures.Net site is pretty cool!
                    >
                    > Zane

                  • Zane H. Healy
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 29 8:57 AM
                      At 3:19 PM +0000 8/29/07, Ellsworth Geib wrote:
                      >Zane,
                      >
                      >The pic did not last long on my computer either (also a fairly fast
                      >Mac). I don't think it had
                      >anything to do with the computer though, the page was probably set
                      >to diaplay only for a
                      >second or two. After the RailPictures.net page came up, I simply
                      >clicked on the Page Back
                      >button and the MTL loading dock page showed up and stayed.

                      Thanks for the tip, I didn't even think to hit the back button. I
                      agree with people, the loading dock is pretty basic and easy to
                      scratch build, what is more interesting is the "more kits to come".

                      Zane

                      | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |
                    • vincentgoudreault
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 30 4:27 AM
                        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ellsworth Geib" <geib@...> wrote:

                        > Zane,
                        >
                        > The pic did not last long on my computer either (also a fairly fast
                        Mac). I don't think it had
                        > anything to do with the computer though, the page was probably set
                        to diaplay only for a
                        > second or two. After the RailPictures.net page came up, I simply
                        clicked on the Page Back
                        > button and the MTL loading dock page showed up and stayed.
                        >
                        > Ell Geib

                        Or you can try directly accessing the picture itself (instead of the
                        html page that calls it with a time delay before switching over to
                        another page):

                        http://www.ztrains.com/sponsor/sponsor.gif

                        CBVG