Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Penn Central Loco's

  • Robert Toole
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 6, 2007
      OH GOODIE ! ! ! ! ! !

      ztrack@... wrote: Hmmm PC locos? I like this idea! AZL's PC E8s were very popular and sold out
      quickly.

      Here is a great resource I found on the PC. I used it for my own research. It
      is:

      http://pc.smellycat.com/index.html

      Take a look at the Rio Grande F7s the PC purchased. It would be fairly easy
      to convert one of MTL's Rio Grande into a PC.

      The PC green sure stands out. We may actually see a PC green car in Z this
      December...

      Rob

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016
      phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
      http://www.ztrack.com/
      Distributor American Z Line

    • skibbs4
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 7, 2007
        Red P's, ORANGE C's. Don't think I've ever seen a C done in red.

        The Microscale decal sheet also included some in Pink, but that was
        not an "official" test logo, just used to represent the faded Red
        logos. ;-)

        Pink would be cool though.

        Mike Skibbe

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <CSchmuck@...> wrote:

        > According to this:
        > http://www.geocities.com/pcrrusa/indexpcpaintschmpg.html
        > the red letter could be either one, and from the rest of their
        > explanations I'd say they had no standard or reason why.
        >
        > http://www.geocities.com/pcrrusa/index.html
        >
        > Chris
        >

        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I was doing some research and noted a number of GP-35's ran with
        > Red
        > > P or Red C in the PC Logo. What was the reason for that...any
        PC
        > Fans
        > > out there who can clear this up for me?
        > >
        > > Cheers
        > >
        > > Joe
        > > MTL

      • Karin Snyder
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 8, 2007
          Joe,
          I grew up with PC's running through our area and all I ever saw, that
          my old brain can recall, were with a white P and white C. Looking at
          the internet photos tends to back that up.

          For what its worth...
          Karin