: Detroit News- " Train show draws devoted fans"

  • David George
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
      Jeff,
      If you send your email address to me at;
      dlgeorgesr@...
      or

      dgeorge24619@...

      I'll try to pass on some pics.
      If you have good capacity in your computer I'll send a PhotoShow file of the whole trip.
      Unfortunately,,I had a smudge on the lens through most of the shots,,but pics will give you an idea of layout.

      Cordially,

      Mister Dave

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
        Dave, Congratulations on your "Best of Show". May I make a
        suggestion? I will anyway. You are on this site from time to time
        so how about injecting some life into it. I know the photo section
        sucks, but with a reference in posts we will all get to see photos
        of your fine work. I'm sure Jeff appreciates a private showing, but
        I think all here could use some inspiration. Thank you, Jim CCRR

        wrote:

        > Jeff,
        > If you send your email address to me at;
        > dlgeorgesr@...
        > or
        >
        > dgeorge24619@...
        >
        > I'll try to pass on some pics.
        > If you have good capacity in your computer I'll send a PhotoShow
        file of the whole trip.
        > Unfortunately,,I had a smudge on the lens through most of the
        shots,,but pics will give you an idea of layout.

        > Cordially,
        >
        > Mister Dave

      • David George
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
          Jim,
          I'm a self described WHIZ at model train scenery ,,,but,,,A bonifide jerkwater john when it comes to posting photos. I'll try to improve.
          My son ,Dan, visited last month and set me up a blog spot at ;

          http://misterdavezscale.blogspot.com

          If that works ,you may view some of the seaside mods.

          Thanks much for the Congrats.
          Cordially,
          Mister Dave

          BTW,,I've tried to send more photos today to people who responded to my note to Jeff,,and I don't think I got it done correctly.

          Still a work in progress,,,,ME !

          wrote:

          > Jeff,
          > If you send your email address to me at;
          > dlgeorgesr@...
          > or
          >
          > dgeorge24619@...
          >
          > I'll try to pass on some pics.
          > If you have good capacity in your computer I'll send a PhotoShow
          file of the whole trip.
          > Unfortunately,,I had a smudge on the lens through most of the
          shots,,but pics will give you an idea of layout.

          > Cordially,
          >
          > Mister Dave

        • John Mui
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
            Mr Dave, no wonder you win so awards. I have seen your layout in Ztrack and
            show pictures, but the blog really shows off your talents.

            John
            > I'm a self described WHIZ at model train scenery ,,,but,,,A bonifide
            > jerkwater john when it comes to posting photos. I'll try to improve.
            > My son ,Dan, visited last month and set me up a blog spot at ;
            >
            > http://misterdavezscale.blogspot.com
            >
            > If that works ,you may view some of the seaside mods.
            >
            > Thanks much for the Congrats.
            > Cordially,
            > Mister Dave
            >
            > BTW,,I've tried to send more photos today to people who responded to my
            > note to Jeff,,and I don't think I got it done correctly.
            >
            > Still a work in progress,,,,ME !

          • Jim O'Connell
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
              Mr. Dave, Very nice blog site. My favorite photo is "CIA security".
              I know a bit about that kind of stuff. And while I'm no James Bond,
              I would simply go around the fence! LOL Cheers, Jim CCRR

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "John Mui" <jmui@...> wrote:

              > Mr Dave, no wonder you win so awards. I have seen your layout in
              Ztrack and
              > show pictures, but the blog really shows off your talents.
              >
              > John

            • Don Avila
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
                And for what it is worth, in Detroit we got more questions about
                making the water than all other subjects combined.

                I think Dave should publish a little "Step-by-Step" poop sheet with
                photos on how to do it. The water as seen in Detroit on Dave's layout
                looks absolutey real. I'd post a few photos of companies selling
                water materials, but frankly they rate only a C- to D+ compared to Mr.
                Daves A++++ Dave is the King of this hill. I have never seen a large
                area of water look so real. You almost wanted a life preserver before
                you leaned over the water to look at it closely.

                ...don

              • David George
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
                  Don,
                  REMEMBER,,,,don't drink the water around the CIA Manufacturing Plant !
                  You previously mentioned seeing two headed fish in that part of the Bay.

                  Cordially,
                  Mister Dave
                  And for what it is worth, in Detroit we got more questions about
                  making the water than all other subjects combined.

                  I think Dave should publish a little "Step-by-Step" poop sheet with
                  photos on how to do it. The water as seen in Detroit on Dave's layout
                  looks absolutey real. I'd post a few photos of companies selling
                  water materials, but frankly they rate only a C- to D+ compared to Mr.
                  Daves A++++ Dave is the King of this hill. I have never seen a large
                  area of water look so real. You almost wanted a life preserver before
                  you leaned over the water to look at it closely.

                  ...don

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David George" <dgeorge24619@...> wrote:

                  > Jim,
                  > I'm a self described WHIZ at model train scenery ,,,but,,,A bonifide
                  jerkwater john when it comes to posting photos. I'll try to improve.
                  > My son ,Dan, visited last month and set me up a blog spot at ;
                  >
                  > http://misterdavezscale.blogspot.com
                  >
                  > If that works ,you may view some of the seaside mods.
                  >
                  > Thanks much for the Congrats.
                  > Cordially,
                  > Mister Dave
                  >
                  > BTW,,I've tried to send more photos today to people who responded to
                  my note to Jeff,,and I don't think I got it done correctly.

                  > Still a work in progress,,,,ME !

                • patrick_tansey
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 3, 2007
                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Dave, Congratulations on your "Best of Show". May I make a
                    > suggestion? I will anyway. You are on this site from time to time
                    > so how about injecting some life into it. I know the photo section
                    > sucks, but with a reference in posts we will all get to see photos
                    > of your fine work. I'm sure Jeff appreciates a private showing, but
                    > I think all here could use some inspiration. Thank you, Jim CCRR

                    Last year at the Chantilly, VA February 2006 show (the one that got
                    quite a bit of snow) I was lucky enough to get some photos of Dave's
                    empire. Look at the first 5 photos in the photo section
                    under "Chantilly WGH Train Show", the ones with the "DG_" prefix. The
                    first is awesome and displays some of Dave's skills. The other photos
                    are the DC Z-Bend modules.

                    ...Pat
                  • Jim O'Connell
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 3, 2007
                      Pat, Thanks, for the reminder. I looked at 'em all. Cheers, Jim CCRR