Re: [Z_Scale] Karin-Loren interchange

  • Loren Snyder
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 8, 2007
      -------Original Message-------

      From: David George
      Date: 7/8/2007 6:14:38 AM
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Z_Scale] Karin-Loren interchange

      >Karin,
      >May your Marriage to Sir Snyder be lasting and loving.
      >Keep the tracks true and in guage,and may it always run through beautiful
      scenery.
      >Have a wonderful Wedding.
      >My best wishes are with you both.
      >Cordially,
      >Mister Dave

      Thanks for the wishes Dave, I'm sure Karin will say thank you when she gets
      up, but at the moment I think she is dreaming of how she can get Joe to do
      some ARR releases in Z scale. See, I knew she was a schemer from the start
      :O)

      We'd offer to bring you some left over wedding cake at NTS, but it would
      probably be soggy or worse yet, have diesel oil on it by the time we get
      there so we'll just bring smiles with us and help you dazzle the kids on
      Sunday at NTS. Just make sure you have enough room for Karin to park her
      chair beside Judy's. She likes to sit down on the job. Actually I don't
      mind that when she is listing Z scale on Ebay for me.....yes sir, gotta work
      those Alaskan gals hard or they get soft on you.
      I'm dead meat now.......

    • Jeff Merill
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 8, 2007
        Hye Karin and Loren, congratuations. It's going to be hard to
        remember typing both of your names but it will be easy to put
        Karin's first.

        As Jim says, "All Z BeZt" to ya.

        Jeff
        SF Bay Area Z
        "The BAZ BoyZ"

      • Loren Snyder
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 8, 2007
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 8, 2007
            Let me second (third, fourth) the congratulations! 2 Great Z Scalers
            (and darn nice folks!)

            I expect the cake will be a cupcake with a Z Scale Bride & Groom from
            Preiser!

            All Z Best for a great life together,

            Michael

          • Loren Snyder
            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                Congratulations to Karin and Loren!

                Wishing you happy railroading and a lifetime of happiness together.
              • Charles Kuttner
                Message 7 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                  Wow! You ask a silly question....and you get engaged!

                  I guess I've not yet met Karin. I do know that, in addition to being
                  one of the bezt modellers I know, Loren is a great guy. Presumably,
                  she's already discovered that at some point. Hopefully, she'll retain
                  that opinion forever.

                  Charles Kuttner, MD
                  Portland, Oregon, USA
                  http://www.kuttner.name

                  Otherwise known as:
                  Col. Cornelius Kuttner
                  Proprietor, psychopathist and microferroequinologist, Oakville &
                  Poorfarm RR
                • Ellen
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                    Karin and Loren

                    Congrats--I was so glad that I finally got to meet Karin--and I wish
                    you all the best and good luck especially to Karin. Loren you got
                    yourself a wonderful lady--take good care of her

                    Ellen
                    Indianapolis
                  • Reynard Wellman
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                      Hi Loren,
                      At first I thought the thread was a gag
                      and did not know that you had recently wed !;>(
                      Anyway, congratulations! ;>)

                      As Spock says: "Live long and prosper."

                      Reynard

> [...]

                    • Jim O'Connell
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                        Reynard, No joke. Actually they will be married this Sunday the
                        15th. Still time for them to change their minds. But with all these
                        congratualations I suppose they will go through with it so as not to
                        disappoint us. Cheers to them, Jim CCRR

                        > Hi Loren,
                        > At first I thought the thread was a gag
                        > and did not know that you had recently wed !;>(
                        > Anyway, congratulations! ;>)
                        >
                        > As Spock says: "Live long and prosper."
                        >
                        > Reynard

                      • Loren Snyder
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                          >Reynard, No joke. Actually they will be married this Sunday the
                          >15th. Still time for them to change their minds. But with all these
                          >congratualations I suppose they will go through with it so as not to
                          >disappoint us. Cheers to them, Jim CCRR

                          Yup Reynard, Jim is correct. Besides, Karin is telling me that if I don't
                          marry her, she will steal my identity with my bank account and cut off my Z
                          funds.......
                          Now that would be a serious problem, yes?

                        • Loren Snyder
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                            > she will steal my identity with my bank account and cut off my Z
                            > funds.......

                            How is that different from being married ;)
                            Alan

                            Come to think of it Alan, I guess my goose is cooked no matter which closet I hide in.

                          • Alan Cox
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007

                              Message 14 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007

                                  http://www.micronart.com

> [...]

                                • feyerhc
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                                    Karin & Loren,

                                    I also would like to second Mr. Dave's congrats to a long lasting &
                                    loving marriage.

                                    I just celebrated my 40th anniversary this last weekend. That will
                                    give you a target to shoot for and break.

                                    Carl
                                    in Nebraska

                                    PS: Loren, were you able to get in contact with Norm's Train in
                                    Randolph< NE.

                                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David George" <dgeorge24619@...> wrote:

                                    > Karin,
                                    > May your Marriage to Sir Snyder be lasting and loving.
                                    > Keep the tracks true and in guage,and may it always run through
                                    beautiful scenery.
                                    > Have a wonderful Wedding.
                                    > My best wishes are with you both.
                                    >
                                    > Cordially,
                                    > Mister Dave

                                  • Loren Snyder
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                                      Hi Carl,
                                      I haven't had a chance to call Norm's yet, too darn busy with all sorts of
                                      details, but Norm's is on my "to do" list. Hopefully on Tuesday.
                                      Thanks much, several folks responded so I am in good shape as soon as I call

                                      40 years! Now that is an enviable figure. Congrats to you too.

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Jul 10, 2007
                                        Karin & Loren,
                                        Here's to you guys and to a long and happy marraage.

                                        Gwyl B.
                                        :-)
                                      • Gwyl B.
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jul 10, 2007
                                          Karin & Loren,
                                          Here's to you guys and to a long and happy marraage.

                                          Gwyl B.
                                          :-)
                                        • starion20002001
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Jul 10, 2007
                                            Belated congrats to Karin & Loren.

                                            --- JCP
                                          • Melissa Cull
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Jul 10, 2007
                                              Congratulations and good luck to Loren and Karin from across the pond.

                                              Sounds like a match made in heaven, both loving trains as much as each
                                              other, a dentist and a jeweller, Z scales and G scales - what a winning
                                              combination:-)

                                              Wishing you both many happy years of playing trains together.....

                                              Kind RegardZ

                                              Melissa
                                              UK

                                            • Loren Snyder
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Jul 10, 2007
                                                Hey Gwyl and many others,

                                                Karin and I thank you all for your good wishes on our upcoming wedding this
                                                Sunday. With Kain I will always have it easy when it comes to buying her
                                                gifts. Since I don't know clothes, shoes, etc. all I have to do is buy her
                                                something in ARR and I'll get steak for a week!

                                                Gwyl, I understand you and Tony and perhaps others may attempt to make it to
                                                NTS2008. That would be super and we can all meet for the first time there.
                                                NTS shows are a great way for distant friends to get up close and personal.

                                                Thanks again,

                                                Message 23 of 27 , Jul 11, 2007

                                                  > Gwyl, I understand you and Tony and perhaps others may attempt to make it to
                                                  > NTS2008. That would be super and we can all meet for the first time there.
                                                  > NTS shows are a great way for distant friends to get up close and personal.
                                                  >
                                                  > Thanks again,
                                                  > Loren

                                                  Loren, you are correct. Tony & I and hopefuly others are planning on the NTS 2008.
                                                  Tony has mentioned his motor home as a transportation.
                                                  We now need to work on the logistics. I know my wife would love to tag along and I'm sure
                                                  Tony's wife would like to attend too.

                                                  I'm always up for a road trip! :-)

                                                  Gwyl B.
                                                • Loren Snyder
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Jul 11, 2007
                                                    NTS shows are a heap of fun, just ask anyone who has attended before. It is
                                                    also a lot of work, because those attending the layout displays work hard to
                                                    keep the trains running and the audience's interest peaked.

                                                    I find that after a show, it takes me several days to recover to where I
                                                    feel motivated once again to do much of anything..........but, oh the
                                                    memories are well worth it.

                                                    Be there or be square, :O)

                                                    Loren

                                                    Loren, you are correct. Tony & I and hopefuly others are planning on the NTS
                                                    2008.
                                                    Tony has mentioned his motor home as a transportation.
                                                    We now need to work on the logistics. I know my wife would love to tag along
                                                    and I'm sure
                                                    Tony's wife would like to attend too.

                                                    I'm always up for a road trip! :-)

                                                    Gwyl B.

                                                  • Robert Ray
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Jul 11, 2007
                                                      Loren Snyder wrote:
                                                      "NTS shows are a heap of fun, just ask anyone who has attended
                                                      before. It is also a lot of work, because those attending the layout
                                                      displays work hard to keep the trains running and the audience's
                                                      interest peaked."

                                                      I agree that NTS Shows are a heap of fun, and hard work or not, with
                                                      more Z Scalers in attendance to meet and talk to, even more fun can be
                                                      had! This is a true "The More The Merrier" situation, where Z Scalers
                                                      appreciate the work of Z Scalers more than others.

                                                      I enjoyed the 2005 NTS so much, meeting all kinds of Z Scalers, and
                                                      seeing all kinds of great Z Scale models and layouts. The modules were
                                                      fantastic! I can't wait to do it again!

                                                      -Robert
                                                    • Loren Snyder
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Jul 11, 2007
                                                        Robert Ray wrote......

                                                        I agree that NTS Shows are a heap of fun, and hard work or not, with
                                                        more Z Scalers in attendance to meet and talk to, even more fun can be
                                                        had! This is a true "The More The Merrier" situation, where Z Scalers
                                                        appreciate the work of Z Scalers more than others.

                                                        I enjoyed the 2005 NTS so much, meeting all kinds of Z Scalers, and
                                                        seeing all kinds of great Z Scale models and layouts. The modules were
                                                        fantastic! I can't wait to do it again!

                                                        -Robert

                                                        Right on Robert,
                                                        And we ONLY have 12 months left until 2008. Seems strange to be talking
                                                        like that, but as you and I both know, the time just disappears before you
                                                        can count to ten seems like.

                                                        I know what I must do to be ready for 2008 and that means a concerted effort
                                                        all this fall and winter and into spring.
                                                        How about this saying Robert?......."Is there no end in sight"?

                                                        Counting down already,
                                                        Loren

                                                        PS. Rob Kluz, you going to be at 2008? Hope so.