Karin-Loren interchange

  • David George
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 8, 2007
      Karin,
      May your Marriage to Sir Snyder be lasting and loving.
      Keep the tracks true and in guage,and may it always run through beautiful scenery.
      Have a wonderful Wedding.
      My best wishes are with you both.

      Cordially,
      Mister Dave

    • Loren Snyder
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 8, 2007
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 8, 2007
          Hye Karin and Loren, congratuations. It's going to be hard to
          remember typing both of your names but it will be easy to put
          Karin's first.

          As Jim says, "All Z BeZt" to ya.

          Jeff
          SF Bay Area Z
          "The BAZ BoyZ"

        • Loren Snyder
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 8, 2007
            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 8, 2007
              Let me second (third, fourth) the congratulations! 2 Great Z Scalers
              (and darn nice folks!)

              I expect the cake will be a cupcake with a Z Scale Bride & Groom from
              Preiser!

              All Z Best for a great life together,

              Michael

            • Loren Snyder
              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                Message 7 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                  Congratulations to Karin and Loren!

                  Wishing you happy railroading and a lifetime of happiness together.
                • Charles Kuttner
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                    Wow! You ask a silly question....and you get engaged!

                    I guess I've not yet met Karin. I do know that, in addition to being
                    one of the bezt modellers I know, Loren is a great guy. Presumably,
                    she's already discovered that at some point. Hopefully, she'll retain
                    that opinion forever.

                    Charles Kuttner, MD
                    Portland, Oregon, USA
                    http://www.kuttner.name

                    Otherwise known as:
                    Col. Cornelius Kuttner
                    Proprietor, psychopathist and microferroequinologist, Oakville &
                    Poorfarm RR
                  • Ellen
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                      Karin and Loren

                      Congrats--I was so glad that I finally got to meet Karin--and I wish
                      you all the best and good luck especially to Karin. Loren you got
                      yourself a wonderful lady--take good care of her

                      Ellen
                      Indianapolis
                    • Reynard Wellman
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                        Hi Loren,
                        At first I thought the thread was a gag
                        and did not know that you had recently wed !;>(
                        Anyway, congratulations! ;>)

                        As Spock says: "Live long and prosper."

                        Reynard

> [...]

                      • Jim O'Connell
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                          Reynard, No joke. Actually they will be married this Sunday the
                          15th. Still time for them to change their minds. But with all these
                          congratualations I suppose they will go through with it so as not to
                          disappoint us. Cheers to them, Jim CCRR

                          > Hi Loren,
                          > At first I thought the thread was a gag
                          > and did not know that you had recently wed !;>(
                          > Anyway, congratulations! ;>)
                          >
                          > As Spock says: "Live long and prosper."
                          >
                          > Reynard

                        • Loren Snyder
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                            >Reynard, No joke. Actually they will be married this Sunday the
                            >15th. Still time for them to change their minds. But with all these
                            >congratualations I suppose they will go through with it so as not to
                            >disappoint us. Cheers to them, Jim CCRR

                            Yup Reynard, Jim is correct. Besides, Karin is telling me that if I don't
                            marry her, she will steal my identity with my bank account and cut off my Z
                            funds.......
                            Now that would be a serious problem, yes?

                          • Loren Snyder
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                              > she will steal my identity with my bank account and cut off my Z
                              > funds.......

                              How is that different from being married ;)
                              Alan

                              Come to think of it Alan, I guess my goose is cooked no matter which closet I hide in.

                            • Alan Cox
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007

                                Message 15 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007

                                    http://www.micronart.com

> [...]

                                  • feyerhc
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                                      Karin & Loren,

                                      I also would like to second Mr. Dave's congrats to a long lasting &
                                      loving marriage.

                                      I just celebrated my 40th anniversary this last weekend. That will
                                      give you a target to shoot for and break.

                                      Carl
                                      in Nebraska

                                      PS: Loren, were you able to get in contact with Norm's Train in
                                      Randolph< NE.

                                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David George" <dgeorge24619@...> wrote:

                                      > Karin,
                                      > May your Marriage to Sir Snyder be lasting and loving.
                                      > Keep the tracks true and in guage,and may it always run through
                                      beautiful scenery.
                                      > Have a wonderful Wedding.
                                      > My best wishes are with you both.
                                      >
                                      > Cordially,
                                      > Mister Dave

                                    • Loren Snyder
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                                        Hi Carl,
                                        I haven't had a chance to call Norm's yet, too darn busy with all sorts of
                                        details, but Norm's is on my "to do" list. Hopefully on Tuesday.
                                        Thanks much, several folks responded so I am in good shape as soon as I call

                                        40 years! Now that is an enviable figure. Congrats to you too.

                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jul 10, 2007
                                          Karin & Loren,
                                          Here's to you guys and to a long and happy marraage.

                                          Gwyl B.
                                          :-)
                                        • Gwyl B.

                                            Message 21 of 27 , Jul 10, 2007
                                              Belated congrats to Karin & Loren.

                                              --- JCP
                                            • Melissa Cull
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Jul 10, 2007
                                                Congratulations and good luck to Loren and Karin from across the pond.

                                                Sounds like a match made in heaven, both loving trains as much as each
                                                other, a dentist and a jeweller, Z scales and G scales - what a winning
                                                combination:-)

                                                Wishing you both many happy years of playing trains together.....

                                                Kind RegardZ

                                                Melissa
                                                UK

                                              • Loren Snyder
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Jul 10, 2007
                                                  Hey Gwyl and many others,

                                                  Karin and I thank you all for your good wishes on our upcoming wedding this
                                                  Sunday. With Kain I will always have it easy when it comes to buying her
                                                  gifts. Since I don't know clothes, shoes, etc. all I have to do is buy her
                                                  something in ARR and I'll get steak for a week!

                                                  Gwyl, I understand you and Tony and perhaps others may attempt to make it to
                                                  NTS2008. That would be super and we can all meet for the first time there.
                                                  NTS shows are a great way for distant friends to get up close and personal.

                                                  Thanks again,

                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Jul 11, 2007

                                                    > Gwyl, I understand you and Tony and perhaps others may attempt to make it to
                                                    > NTS2008. That would be super and we can all meet for the first time there.
                                                    > NTS shows are a great way for distant friends to get up close and personal.
                                                    >
                                                    > Thanks again,
                                                    > Loren

                                                    Loren, you are correct. Tony & I and hopefuly others are planning on the NTS 2008.
                                                    Tony has mentioned his motor home as a transportation.
                                                    We now need to work on the logistics. I know my wife would love to tag along and I'm sure
                                                    Tony's wife would like to attend too.

                                                    I'm always up for a road trip! :-)

                                                    Gwyl B.
                                                  • Loren Snyder
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Jul 11, 2007
                                                      NTS shows are a heap of fun, just ask anyone who has attended before. It is
                                                      also a lot of work, because those attending the layout displays work hard to
                                                      keep the trains running and the audience's interest peaked.

                                                      I find that after a show, it takes me several days to recover to where I
                                                      feel motivated once again to do much of anything..........but, oh the
                                                      memories are well worth it.

                                                      Be there or be square, :O)

                                                      Loren

                                                      Loren, you are correct. Tony & I and hopefuly others are planning on the NTS
                                                      2008.
                                                      Tony has mentioned his motor home as a transportation.
                                                      We now need to work on the logistics. I know my wife would love to tag along
                                                      and I'm sure
                                                      Tony's wife would like to attend too.

                                                      I'm always up for a road trip! :-)

                                                      Gwyl B.

                                                    • Robert Ray
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Jul 11, 2007
                                                        Loren Snyder wrote:
                                                        "NTS shows are a heap of fun, just ask anyone who has attended
                                                        before. It is also a lot of work, because those attending the layout
                                                        displays work hard to keep the trains running and the audience's
                                                        interest peaked."

                                                        I agree that NTS Shows are a heap of fun, and hard work or not, with
                                                        more Z Scalers in attendance to meet and talk to, even more fun can be
                                                        had! This is a true "The More The Merrier" situation, where Z Scalers
                                                        appreciate the work of Z Scalers more than others.

                                                        I enjoyed the 2005 NTS so much, meeting all kinds of Z Scalers, and
                                                        seeing all kinds of great Z Scale models and layouts. The modules were
                                                        fantastic! I can't wait to do it again!

                                                        -Robert
                                                      • Loren Snyder
                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Jul 11, 2007
                                                          Robert Ray wrote......

                                                          I agree that NTS Shows are a heap of fun, and hard work or not, with
                                                          more Z Scalers in attendance to meet and talk to, even more fun can be
                                                          had! This is a true "The More The Merrier" situation, where Z Scalers
                                                          appreciate the work of Z Scalers more than others.

                                                          I enjoyed the 2005 NTS so much, meeting all kinds of Z Scalers, and
                                                          seeing all kinds of great Z Scale models and layouts. The modules were
                                                          fantastic! I can't wait to do it again!

                                                          -Robert

                                                          Right on Robert,
                                                          And we ONLY have 12 months left until 2008. Seems strange to be talking
                                                          like that, but as you and I both know, the time just disappears before you
                                                          can count to ten seems like.

                                                          I know what I must do to be ready for 2008 and that means a concerted effort
                                                          all this fall and winter and into spring.
                                                          How about this saying Robert?......."Is there no end in sight"?

                                                          Counting down already,
                                                          Loren

                                                          PS. Rob Kluz, you going to be at 2008? Hope so.