Train stores in Germany ???

  • railfan_nyc
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
      My job has me traveling to Germany about once per month. My
      destinations are usually Landstuhl (near Ramstein AB), Cologne, and
      Leipzig. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I might find a
      train store that would like to absorb some Euro's ?? I'm kind of
      looking for an HO scale and a Z scale ICE train. I would prefer the
      HO to run on two rail track.
      Dan
    • Gert Velthuizen
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
        Hi Dan,

        The only trainstore I know in Germany is Marsilius trains in Krefeld. Check his website www.marsilius-trains.de. Worth looking for others too....

        Have fun,

        Gert

        To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: railfan_nyc@...: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:24:57 +0000Subject: [Z_Scale] Train stores in Germany ???

        My job has me traveling to Germany about once per month. My destinations are usually Landstuhl (near Ramstein AB), Cologne, and Leipzig. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I might find a train store that would like to absorb some Euro's ?? I'm kind of looking for an HO scale and a Z scale ICE train. I would prefer the HO to run on two rail track.Dan

      • Allan Borg
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
          I don't know if it is still there but I found a hobby shop in
          Kaiserslatern just up the road from Ramstein/Landstuhl during my tour
          of duty at Ramstein Air Base
          Allan Borg
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "railfan_nyc" <railfan_nyc@...> wrote:

          > My job has me traveling to Germany about once per month. My
          > destinations are usually Landstuhl (near Ramstein AB), Cologne, and
          > Leipzig. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I might find a
          > train store that would like to absorb some Euro's ?? I'm kind of
          > looking for an HO scale and a Z scale ICE train. I would prefer the
          > HO to run on two rail track.
          > Dan

        • Robert Ray
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
            railfan_nyc wrote:
            >My destinations are usually Landstuhl (near Ramstein AB), Cologne, and
            > Leipzig.

            There was a place in Duisberg, north east of Köln, where there is a
            real big toy store in the city center shopping district, that had one
            of the largest selections of Z Scale I had ever seen in one place. It
            was several years ago, so I cannot remember the name of the store.

            -Robert
          • Robert Toole
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
              Hi Dan,

              Before I retired from the USAF, I flew between Dover AFB and Ramstein AB. There was a train shop in Ramstein village and also in K town. I cannot remeber their names, but will review my old receipts to see if I can locate their names.

              Robert

              railfan_nyc <railfan_nyc@...> wrote:
              My job has me traveling to Germany about once per month. My
              destinations are usually Landstuhl (near Ramstein AB), Cologne, and
              Leipzig. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I might find a
              train store that would like to absorb some Euro's ?? I'm kind of
              looking for an HO scale and a Z scale ICE train. I would prefer the
              HO to run on two rail track.
              Dan

            • Friedhelm Tönshoff
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 4, 2007
                You may look at the german side of märklin:

                www.maerklin.de

                and then choose "Händler".

                Type "a" for searching by names and you will find nearly all stores with
                märklin-supply in germany.
                Those sellers almost will have products of all the other manufacturers.

                Z-ige greatings

                Friedhelm
              • Ysbrand van der Veen
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 4, 2007
                  An almost complete overview of all train stores in Germany can be found
                  at:
                  http://www.miba.de/haendler/index.php

                  Because many stores have websites and the URL's are mentioned it will
                  be possible to see if a store has any Z. H0 will be available at all
                  the stores. If you are only interested in American Z and H0 trains
                  Marsilius is certainly the place to be:
                  http://www.n-trains.de/index.htm

                  Best,
                  Ysbrand