Re: [Z_Scale] Ztrack Releases MTL DT&I Box Car Set!

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2007
      This release was done a little different. We had to make the online ordering
      live to coincide with the release of the May/June issue. With the ordering
      live, we had to go ahead and make the announcement. It is not a subscriber only
      release and more of a general Ztrack offering available to anyone in Z scale.

      Our thought is that we would like to partner with Z scale companies to
      produce special runs and product offerings. It is our way to support the
      manufacturers while creating interesting new offerings for the Z scale community. The PSW
      was also such a release where we partnered with Micron-Art, TNT'Z, and
      Ztrains to put out the bridge and abutment line.

      Micro-Trains continues to impress us. We have made the decision to produce 1
      - 2 special runs with them a year. Our focus will be smaller railroads or
      unique combinations that may stand out in a collection. These will not be fantasy
      cars, but based on actual prototypes. We have already signed off on our 2nd
      release with MTL which should be here before the end of the year. We are also
      looking at running sets with Full Throttle and we already have a few ideas.

      As for subscriber only releases, you bet we will continue to offer these!
      Just today, Ztrack and FR agreed on the 2007 subscriber car. It is a little later
      in the year than normal, but we are going with a new design from FR. As with
      past years, it will only be available to Ztrack subscribers through a
      reservation process. For our European readers, Ztrack is also working with FR on a
      Swiss subscriber car. I will have more information on these at a later date.

      At this time, we still have a good number of DT&I sets in stock for anyone
      wishing one. We also will have a number with us in Detroit.

      Rob Kluz

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016