RE : [Z_Scale] Re: MT Turnout

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2007
      Jim, I'm sorry, but your first statement is not true:
      these turnouts are power routing in the meaning that
      frog is powered, + or - depending on the switch
      position.

      However, one doesn't need to cut any gap because
      electrical contacts are linked to the switch and when
      moving it the contacts automatically power the fair
      pole into the frog.

      But there's a huge difference with Marklin turnouts (I
      should say "two" as fortunately MTL didn't put this
      ugly black box on its turnouts): there is no unpowered
      plastic section on a locomotive's path, and you can
      have it crawling on the turnout without any risk of
      stall.

      Dom

      --- Jim O'Connell <jimo.crcmnvgtr@...> a écrit :

      > Yuji, The MTL turnouts, like the Marklin turnouts,
      > are all live. You
      > will need to electrical gaps to create "dead
      > sidings" and passing
      > track sidings, etc.. There is no problem with using
      > them on Marklin
      > power packs. Cheers, Jim CCRR

      http://fr.answers.yahoo.com
    • Yuji Kuwabara
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2007
        Hello,

        Thanks for info about MTL turnout.
        I will employ MicroTracks as soon as coming R220/45deg curve
        and long time out-of-stock 110mm straight become available.

        Regards.

        Yuji Kuwabara
      • Jim O'Connell
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2007
          Dom, Thanks for the clarification. In my experience, limited, I have
          found that my MTL and Marklin turnouts "light up" all the tracks
          attached to the turnout. I might not have expressed myself with the
          correct terminology, but I have to cut gaps to stop electric flow on
          all the layouts I have done. Heck maybe I'm wiring mine incorrectly?
          I just did a test on my layout and the layout I'm just finishing for
          a client in Singapore and regardless of turnout position power goes
          through the turnouts and all three tracks are powered. To me, this
          is 'all live' and not power routing. Talk to me. Cheers, Jim CCRR

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, de Champeaux Dominique

          ______
          > Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos
          questions !
          > Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des
          internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses