Variations on Marklin ICE-V (8871) sets

  • Jordon LaGrone
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hi All,

      I recently acquired two 8871 ICE-V sets from a well known auction site.
      One appears to have been made in '86 and the other appears to have been
      made in '93.

      I was wondering if someone would be so good as to explain what the
      variations on these sets are, or perhaps point me in the direction of
      someone who might know.

      One of the big differences I caught quickly was that the inside of the
      wheels in the loks is red in the '86 model and black in the '93 model.

      Appreciated!

      -Jordon