Re: [Z_Scale] Ztrack Releases MTL DT&I Box Car Set!

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2007
      I am planning on keeping a number of cars in reserve for the NTS. If you are
      planning on going to the NTS and would like a set, please let me know. I will
      put your name on it with a note that you will pick up at the show. If all sets
      do sell out and if we have enough demand for a 2nd run, I can approach MTL to
      do so. But at this time, we are not planning a 2nd run. This doesn't mean
      that we don't have plans for other runs!

      Rob

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016
      phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
      http://www.ztrack.com/
      Distributor American Z Line

    • Elizabeth Hayes
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2007
        no, I already received a set that someone ordered for me, I was going to
        wait until I saw the insert in the magazine, but it looks like all of the
        sets will be gone before the magazine even arrives in the mail. I just
        thought that it was odd that the sets were being made to coincide with the
        show in detroit and that they were going to be listed in an insert in the
        magazine, but they were listed on the internet first and most sold before
        even the subscribers got a crack at them, all of your other special runs
        were sold to subscribers first, and others could buy the leftovers, and if
        I`m correct, the PennZee hoppers were the only ones that there were any
        extras?

        >From: ztrack@...
        >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Ztrack Releases MTL DT&I Box Car Set!
        >Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 22:00:49 EDT
        >
        >I am planning on keeping a number of cars in reserve for the NTS. If you
        >are
        >planning on going to the NTS and would like a set, please let me know. I
        >will
        >put your name on it with a note that you will pick up at the show. If all
        >sets
        >do sell out and if we have enough demand for a 2nd run, I can approach MTL
        >do so. But at this time, we are not planning a 2nd run. This doesn't mean
        >that we don't have plans for other runs!
        >
        >Rob
        >

        >Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        >6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        >Dublin, OH 43016
        >phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
        >http://www.ztrack.com/
        >Distributor American Z Line

        Live Hotmail.
      • ztrack@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2007
          This release was done a little different. We had to make the online ordering
          live to coincide with the release of the May/June issue. With the ordering
          live, we had to go ahead and make the announcement. It is not a subscriber only
          release and more of a general Ztrack offering available to anyone in Z scale.

          Our thought is that we would like to partner with Z scale companies to
          produce special runs and product offerings. It is our way to support the
          manufacturers while creating interesting new offerings for the Z scale community. The PSW
          was also such a release where we partnered with Micron-Art, TNT'Z, and
          Ztrains to put out the bridge and abutment line.

          Micro-Trains continues to impress us. We have made the decision to produce 1
          - 2 special runs with them a year. Our focus will be smaller railroads or
          unique combinations that may stand out in a collection. These will not be fantasy
          cars, but based on actual prototypes. We have already signed off on our 2nd
          release with MTL which should be here before the end of the year. We are also
          looking at running sets with Full Throttle and we already have a few ideas.

          As for subscriber only releases, you bet we will continue to offer these!
          Just today, Ztrack and FR agreed on the 2007 subscriber car. It is a little later
          in the year than normal, but we are going with a new design from FR. As with
          past years, it will only be available to Ztrack subscribers through a
          reservation process. For our European readers, Ztrack is also working with FR on a
          Swiss subscriber car. I will have more information on these at a later date.

          At this time, we still have a good number of DT&I sets in stock for anyone
          wishing one. We also will have a number with us in Detroit.

          Rob Kluz

          Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
          6142 Northcliff Blvd.
          Dublin, OH 43016