Re: [Z_Scale] Yahoo web beacons and how to opt out. Yahoo snooping again.

  • Ed Dalman
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2007
      Yahoo is not opening the http://info. yahoo.com/ privacy/us/ yahoo/details. html link.
      So how do you opt out?
      Does the browser "delete cookies" option take care of this?
      Ed

      Robert <airforce_loadmaster@...> wrote:
      From another group with permission.

      If you belong to ANY Yahoo Group - be aware that Yahoo is now using
      "Web Beacons" to track the Internet navigation of every Yahoo user.
      It's similar to cookies, but allows Yahoo to record every website And
      every group you visit -ANYWHERE- on the Internet, even when you're
      Not connected to Yahoo.

      To stop this privacy invasive surveillance, go to Yahoo's updated
      privacy statement at:

      http://info. yahoo.com/ privacy/us/ yahoo/details. html
      <
      About half-way down the page, in the section on cookies, you will See
      a link that says WEB BEACONS.
      looks like this...

      Cookies

      * Yahoo! may set and access Yahoo! cookies on your computer.
      * Yahoo! lets other companies that show advertisements on some of
      our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other
      companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy
      policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have
      access to Yahoo!'s cookies.
      * Yahoo! uses web beacons to access Yahoo! cookies inside and
      outside our network of web sites and in connection with Yahoo!
      products and services.

      Click on the phrase "Web Beacons." On the page that opens, find a
      paragraph entitled "Outside the Yahoo Network."

      In that section find a little "Click Here to Opt Out" link that Will
      let you "opt-out" of their snooping.
      looks like this...
      Outside the Yahoo! Network

      * Yahoo! uses web beacons to conduct research on behalf of
      certain partners on their web sites and also for auditing purposes.
      * Information recorded through these web beacons is used to
      report anonymous individual and/or aggregate information about Yahoo!
      users to our partners. Aggregate information may include demographic
      and usage information. No personally identifiable information about
      you is shared with partners from this research.
      * When conducting research Yahoo!'s practice is to require our
      partners to disclose the presence of these web beacons on their pages
      in their privacy policies and state what choices are available to
      users regarding the collection and use of this information. You may
      choose to opt-out of Yahoo! using this information for this research.
      Please click here to opt-out