Ztrack Releases MTL DT&I Box Car Set!

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2007
      Ztrack Magazine has commissioned Micro-Trains Line to produce an exclusive
      two car set of Detroit, Toledo & Ironton (DT&I) 50' rib side boxcars. This
      prototypical set is being released in conjunction with the Detroit NTS being held
      at the end of July. Only 150 sets are being offered.

      Car #18848 is light boxcar red and has a reefer orange door. The lettering is
      white with a white and reefer orange herald. The car was built in 1972 and
      assigned to carry heavy castings for the automotive industry.

      Car #16918 is boxcar red with white lettering and a black and white herald.
      The car was built in 1973 and assigned to carry food.

      This 2-car set is $67.50, plus shipping and handling. We are limiting sets to
      one per customer. Additional sets may be requested. Orders for additional
      sets will be filled on a first come basis after the 2007 National Train Show
      (NTS) in Detroit, July 2007.

      To order your set, please see the insert in the May/June issue of Ztrack
      Magazine. You may also order online at:

      http://www.ztrack.com/imprint/imprint.html

      Rob Kluz

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016
      phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
      http://www.ztrack.com/
      Distributor American Z Line

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 26, 2007
        We have a DT&I update... we are sold out!

        Okay, only kidding. But they are going fast! I wanted to let everyone know
        that you do NOT have to be a Ztrack subscriber to order these sets. They are
        open to everyone.

        Second, I found that our online order system is quoting shipping and handling
        charges higher than what they should be. We are adjusting the costs here in
        the office. The actual shipping cost is $11.00 domestic, not $14.00. For
        international, we are taking $8.00 off. The international charge is $20.00.

        The first sets are going in the mail tomorrow. I want everyone to take note
        of the printing of these cars. The star logo is very complicated. MTL did an
        unbelievable job to print these logos across the ribs of the car. Good job MTL!

        Rob

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016
        phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
        http://www.ztrack.com/
        Distributor American Z Line

      • Elizabeth Hayes
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 30, 2007
          since these cars were supposed to be for the National train Show in Detroit
          and apparently there will be none left by the time of the show, is there
          going to be another run of the cars, if so will the reporting numbers be the
          same or different?

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 30, 2007
            I am planning on keeping a number of cars in reserve for the NTS. If you are
            planning on going to the NTS and would like a set, please let me know. I will
            put your name on it with a note that you will pick up at the show. If all sets
            do sell out and if we have enough demand for a 2nd run, I can approach MTL to
            do so. But at this time, we are not planning a 2nd run. This doesn't mean
            that we don't have plans for other runs!

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2007
              no, I already received a set that someone ordered for me, I was going to
              wait until I saw the insert in the magazine, but it looks like all of the
              sets will be gone before the magazine even arrives in the mail. I just
              thought that it was odd that the sets were being made to coincide with the
              show in detroit and that they were going to be listed in an insert in the
              magazine, but they were listed on the internet first and most sold before
              even the subscribers got a crack at them, all of your other special runs
              were sold to subscribers first, and others could buy the leftovers, and if
              I`m correct, the PennZee hoppers were the only ones that there were any
              extras?

              >From: ztrack@...
              >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Ztrack Releases MTL DT&I Box Car Set!
              >Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 22:00:49 EDT
              >
              >I am planning on keeping a number of cars in reserve for the NTS. If you
              >are
              >planning on going to the NTS and would like a set, please let me know. I
              >will
              >put your name on it with a note that you will pick up at the show. If all
              >sets
              >do sell out and if we have enough demand for a 2nd run, I can approach MTL
              >do so. But at this time, we are not planning a 2nd run. This doesn't mean
              >that we don't have plans for other runs!
              >
              >Rob
              >

              >Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
              >6142 Northcliff Blvd.
              >Dublin, OH 43016
              >phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
              >http://www.ztrack.com/
              >Distributor American Z Line

              Live Hotmail.
            • ztrack@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 2, 2007
                This release was done a little different. We had to make the online ordering
                live to coincide with the release of the May/June issue. With the ordering
                live, we had to go ahead and make the announcement. It is not a subscriber only
                release and more of a general Ztrack offering available to anyone in Z scale.

                Our thought is that we would like to partner with Z scale companies to
                produce special runs and product offerings. It is our way to support the
                manufacturers while creating interesting new offerings for the Z scale community. The PSW
                was also such a release where we partnered with Micron-Art, TNT'Z, and
                Ztrains to put out the bridge and abutment line.

                Micro-Trains continues to impress us. We have made the decision to produce 1
                - 2 special runs with them a year. Our focus will be smaller railroads or
                unique combinations that may stand out in a collection. These will not be fantasy
                cars, but based on actual prototypes. We have already signed off on our 2nd
                release with MTL which should be here before the end of the year. We are also
                looking at running sets with Full Throttle and we already have a few ideas.

                As for subscriber only releases, you bet we will continue to offer these!
                Just today, Ztrack and FR agreed on the 2007 subscriber car. It is a little later
                in the year than normal, but we are going with a new design from FR. As with
                past years, it will only be available to Ztrack subscribers through a
                reservation process. For our European readers, Ztrack is also working with FR on a
                Swiss subscriber car. I will have more information on these at a later date.

                At this time, we still have a good number of DT&I sets in stock for anyone
                wishing one. We also will have a number with us in Detroit.

                Rob Kluz

                Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                Dublin, OH 43016