Singapore Layout

  • Jim O'Connell
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007
      Gang, On a possibly more entertaining subject, I have posted four
      photos of a new layout I'm working on for a client in Singapore. This
      is layout number four for me. Remember? I started building small
      layouts in December. Enjoy, Jim CCRR
    • henrik hasle
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007
        Looking good! All you need now is a shay!

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim O'Connell" <jimo.crcmnvgtr@...>

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007
          Henrik, Thanks. What we all need is a Shay. The entity that can
          build one will be the next millionaire. Interesting, the
          granddaughter of Efraim Shay lives only two blocks from me. Cheers,
          Jim CCRR

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "henrik hasle" <crasyhh@...> wrote:

          > Looking good! All you need now is a shay!

        • Zane H. Healy
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007
            At 10:13 PM +0000 6/4/07, Jim O'Connell wrote:
            >Henrik, Thanks. What we all need is a Shay. The entity that can
            >build one will be the next millionaire. Interesting, the
            >granddaughter of Efraim Shay lives only two blocks from me. Cheers,
            >Jim CCRR

            I hate to admit it, but the lack of a Shay or other appropriate
            engine has had me drooling over the N Scale steam engines and
            pondering a small N Scale logging layout. I would really like to do
            a nice small Z Scale logging layout as a second layout.

            What did you use for an engine?

            Zane

            | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |
          • Jim O'Connell
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007
              Zane, For these photos I used an MTL Mogul. Produced in about 1997.
              They are all gone now, but do show up from time to time on that
              popular auction site. Check out here in 'Photos', "MTL track
              comparison". I did a comparison with MTL Flex track and MTL Micro
              Track. There you find a possible alternative to moving up to N. It
              is an Nn3 loco that is still sold by a small company who's name I
              have forgotten. Might be Republic Locomotive Works, but I'm not
              sure. In a pinch it works in Z. Otherwise you are correct about N. I
              too have given N scale some thought for this Shay reason. Cheers,
              Jim CCRR

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007
                At 1:43 AM +0000 6/5/07, Jim O'Connell wrote:
                >Track. There you find a possible alternative to moving up to N. It
                >is an Nn3 loco that is still sold by a small company who's name I
                >have forgotten. Might be Republic Locomotive Works, but I'm not
                >sure. In a pinch it works in Z. Otherwise you are correct about N. I
                >too have given N scale some thought for this Shay reason. Cheers,
                >Jim CCRR

                Wow! I just hit the Republic Locomotive Works page, and they've some
                amazing stuff there. I like the Shay on the MTL F7 chassis. Nn3 has
                a definite appeal since it would be possible to run both Nn3 and Z
                scale trains on the same track.

                Who knows though what might be available in Z scale by the time I
                actually get the small layout I'm working on finished.

                Zane

                | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |
              • Alan Cox
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 5, 2007
                  > Wow! I just hit the Republic Locomotive Works page, and they've some
                  > amazing stuff there. I like the Shay on the MTL F7 chassis. Nn3 has
                  > a definite appeal since it would be possible to run both Nn3 and Z
                  > scale trains on the same track.

                  And also O scale and G ... sometimes even using the same locomotives with
                  a few modified flats. (Z scale track in O makes a good model of 10" gauge
                  with O gauge folks atop modified flats and a driver sat on the tender) ...