Re: MTL Production Numbers

  • Don Avila
    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 2, 2007
      [snip]

      > Okay, this brings up another question, why all the secrecy on what is
      > coming out?
      > Zane

      Ummmmmm,

      Joe has been pretty open with us. We have known about the GP9 for a
      LOOOOONG time. Finished production photos of the the first version
      are on Trainboard and they are spectacular He told us about the
      turnouts and new track more than half a year before they came out.
      The other day he told us the turnout motors will be available
      separately in a few months and of course they are now available with
      track. Many months before the Digitrax drop in DCC came out Joe told
      us about it. He has been telling us about the passenger cars coming.
      He has been telling us about some of the new engines with 6 wheel
      trucks.

      I hardly call it secrecy ESPECIALLY where it really truly comes out
      and is not Vapor-Ware.

      ...don
    • Mike D.
      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 2, 2007
        Don Buddy your smoking DOPE and obviously it's the good stuff!!! Vapor
        Ware... some items didn't even materialize on the retail market much less
        have a chance to vapor... Good to know obviously your on the inside. It
        would be nice if MTL came up with a form on their website for the rest of us
        to order from making sure ALL of us had a fair share. All I've been hearing
        so far is "It's coming, It's coming, We're working on it, You'll get it.
        Then on the supposedly day of release try to order, THEN you hear... It's
        sold out... that's B*** S*** All I can say to MTL is Enjoy while you can
        boy's your day's a coming...

        Mike D.

        >From: "Don Avila" <d.f.avila@...>
        >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: MTL Production Numbers
        >Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 19:04:12 -0000
        >
        >[snip]
        > >
        > > Okay, this brings up another question, why all the secrecy on what is
        > > coming out?
        > > Zane
        >
        >Ummmmmm,
        >
        >Joe has been pretty open with us. We have known about the GP9 for a
        >LOOOOONG time. Finished production photos of the the first version
        >are on Trainboard and they are spectacular He told us about the
        >turnouts and new track more than half a year before they came out.
        >The other day he told us the turnout motors will be available
        >separately in a few months and of course they are now available with
        >track. Many months before the Digitrax drop in DCC came out Joe told
        >us about it. He has been telling us about the passenger cars coming.
        > He has been telling us about some of the new engines with 6 wheel
        >trucks.
        >
        >I hardly call it secrecy ESPECIALLY where it really truly comes out
        >and is not Vapor-Ware.
        >
        >...don

        Play games, earn tickets, get cool prizes. Play now�it's FREE!
        http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_hotmailtextlink1
      • non
        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 2, 2007
          Atlas has a six month pre-order for store owners.
          What the mfg what is for store owners to order more, so that the mfg
          doesn't have to stock them the store do.
          Aaron
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@...> wrote:

          > At 2:51 PM +0000 6/2/07, non wrote:
          > >From what I under stand about MTL items being sold out within days.
          > >The stores have to place their orders before knowing what coming
          out.
          > >I know I have a store and purchase from MTL for the past five
          years.
          > >The store owners signup to get so many box cars, cab, tanks per
          > >month. A small store like myself would have 4 to 6 of each on
          order.
          > >Now the new releases come out. And the store owner sees that a road
          > >name in his area sell fast. He might or migh NOT get the extra
          cars.
          > >MTL looks at their production needs per standing orders, not roads.
          > >So if MTL know they need 3,000 of each box that is what they run.
          If
          > >the road is a HOT road they "might" run a few extra.
          > >So, as a store owner you have to have a large standing order and
          hope
          > >the road names sell within a few months.
          > >Aaron Poscovsky
          >
          > Okay, this brings up another question, why all the secrecy on what
          is
          > coming out? Perhaps they need to at least make a change to their
          > ordering methods and allow stores to designate certain road names
          > that they will automatically get extra of. As someone who prefers
          > buy stuff from their FLHS, rather than online, the current state of
          > things is less than optimal.
          >
          > Having said this, I can understand that MTL and the Hobby Stores
          > can't afford to have stock sitting around unsold for long periods
          of
          > time.
          >
          > Zane
          >

          > --
          > | Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Administrator |
          > | healyzh@... (primary) | OpenVMS Enthusiast |
          > | MONK::HEALYZH (DECnet) | Classic Computer Collector |
          > +----------------------------------+----------------------------+
          > | Empire of the Petal Throne and Traveller Role Playing, |
          > | PDP-10 Emulation and Zane's Computer Museum. |
          > | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |

        • Edward Scullin
          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 2, 2007
            Don
            I think what was meant about giving notice as to what is coming out refered to road names Joe D
            has been great about what he knows is coming, but still kind of quiet about specific road names.
            I think if what was stated here earlier about a 6 month lead time, It would make sense if MTL
            would announce the road names and then see what additional orders appear. Granted a lot of
            dealers aare signed up to take X of what ever MTL produces. If I read the post from Aaron
            correctly dealers can be fairly selective (IE this month I want X tank cars, Y box cars etc).
            Ed Scullin

            --- Don Avila <d.f.avila@...> wrote:

            > [snip]
            > >
            > > Okay, this brings up another question, why all the secrecy on what is
            > > coming out?
            > > Zane
            >
            > Ummmmmm,
            >
            > Joe has been pretty open with us. We have known about the GP9 for a
            > LOOOOONG time. Finished production photos of the the first version
            > are on Trainboard and they are spectacular He told us about the
            > turnouts and new track more than half a year before they came out.
            > The other day he told us the turnout motors will be available
            > separately in a few months and of course they are now available with
            > track. Many months before the Digitrax drop in DCC came out Joe told
            > us about it. He has been telling us about the passenger cars coming.
            > He has been telling us about some of the new engines with 6 wheel
            > trucks.
            >
            > I hardly call it secrecy ESPECIALLY where it really truly comes out
            > and is not Vapor-Ware.
            >
            > ...don

          • Don Avila
            Message 5 of 28 , Jun 2, 2007
              Good Point.

              Joe and I traded a few emails about a year ago regarding announcements
              of items to come. Even though MTL is small, I think they have some
              thick walls with no windows and Joe himself is not always "in the
              know" As Z begins to make some serious dollars for the owners, I
              think we may see some changes as to how things are done.

              ...don

              Message 6 of 28 , Jun 2, 2007
                A good way to help out any hobby store owner that wants your business
                is let him/her know what you are looking for.
                Should it might be a dream item, but guest what if you mention an item
                and he/she hears it a few times from other, The owner will help push
                for the item from the mfg.
                And you know how that happens, he/she start mentioning it to the mfg
                when the orders are place.
                Ex. The owner emails Mark at MTL on the sales desk. And say "Hey, think
                we might see a XXXX item coming out one day?"
                M ark will say he does know. But, if a few owner ask, he will get upset
                with the question and mention it to someone over him.
                Please, just drop a note once in awhile to your hobby store owner,
                asking about items you are looking for. Perhaps, if he/his wants your
                business they will start stocking it.
                Aaron Poscovsky
              • John Duino
                Message 7 of 28 , Jun 2, 2007
                  Hi!

                  To reword what someone else said (sorry I forgot to register WHO said it
                  before I hit delete), MTL does make 2nd/3rd runs eventually, but you
                  have to fit it into the production schedule. MTL only has so many
                  painters, so many assemblers, so many testers...and if they are
                  producing that then something else 'new' can't come out. This crowd is a
                  fickle one...if they re-run then people complain that nothing new is
                  coming out. If it's all new stuff then people want reissues. Short of
                  staffing up, going 24/7, and expanding the facilities (all costly)
                  there's no way of pleasing everyone.

                  Having been around Z for awhile (first 'taste' in 77, more seriously
                  since ~98) I can't be more pleased with the variety of goodies available
                  in Z nowadays.

                  --
                  *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
                  | John Duino | 23 Tidewater Cove |
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jun 3, 2007
                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, John Duino <jduino@...> wrote:
                    >This crowd is a
                    > fickle one...if they re-run then people complain that nothing new is
                    > coming out. If it's all new stuff then people want reissues. Short
                    of staffing up, going 24/7, and expanding the facilities (all costly)
                    > there's no way of pleasing everyone.
                    > Having been around Z for awhile (first 'taste' in 77, more seriously
                    > since ~98) I can't be more pleased with the variety of goodies
                    >available in Z nowadays.

                    I could not agree more! There's a wealth of stuff available in Z
                    these days, and I can't imagine folks in this segment of the hobby
                    being anything less than thrilled. It was many years in coming.

                    I'm not sure what the problem is with today's consumer-hobbyists.
                    They seem to want everything that THEY want, and they want it NOW! I
                    see this in the other scales I model, and in some or most cases it is
                    doing more harm to the hobby than good. As I've said so often in
                    recent years: We hobbyists are our own worst enemies. We've gotten
                    to the point where too many of us see "things" as the be-all and
                    end-all, and too few, apparently, are willing to enjoy and make good
                    use of what is already available (in variety and quantity never seen
                    before) or what they already have. As I see it, the hobby is about
                    far more than simply acquiring "things." It's about putting what we
                    do have (and can afford) to good use. It's about creating, imagining,
                    dreaming, acquiring new skills, learning about the history and
                    heritage of railroading, relaxing in those all-too-rare leisure hours,
                    and sharing in the spirit of good fellowship.

                    If MTL or someone else announces something you want to buy, establish
                    a good, regular relationship with a dealer and get your order placed
                    on their list. Otherwise, take your chances when the item is
                    eventually released and find a dealer who has it available or shop the
                    secondary market.

                    My feeling is that MTL, in particular, has done a very good job in
                    giving folks a heads-up about what they are planning, and estimating
                    when it may be available. They try to be realistic in meeting the
                    expectations of the many diverse individuals in the hobby, but they
                    are, I'm sure, fully aware that they can't be all things to all
                    people. Nor should they try to be! Z scale is still a small niche in
                    a much larger hobby, and any business in this hobby has to be very
                    careful about the approaches they follow to assure their reasonable
                    growth and profitability.
                  • Uwe Liermann
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jun 3, 2007
                      Hello Allan,

                      I fully agree with this from your mail (I quote it first, even if it
                      was in your mail later on):

                      > My feeling is that MTL, in particular, has done a very good job

                      and I also agree with this:

                      > I could not agree more! There's a wealth of stuff available in Z
                      > these days, and I can't imagine folks in this segment of the hobby
                      > being anything less than thrilled. It was many years in coming.

                      and I also agree with this:

                      > I'm not sure what the problem is with today's consumer-hobbyists.
                      > They seem to want everything that THEY want, and they want it NOW! I
                      > see this in the other scales I model, and in some or most cases it is
                      > doing more harm to the hobby than good.

                      You're right that the "I want it ALL NOW" feeling is doing harm, even
                      if it seems to be the usual feeling for many things nowadays. But
                      there are also people who doesn't want it ALL NOW. And for them this:

                      > If MTL or someone else announces something you want to buy, establish
                      > a good, regular relationship with a dealer and get your order placed
                      > on their list. Otherwise, take your chances when the item is
                      > eventually released and find a dealer who has it available or shop the
                      > secondary market.

                      is not the perfect solution. I see a lot of items that I would like to
                      have or use sometimes, but I can't afford all of them right now.
                      Partly because of my budget, and also partly because I'm not that far
                      in my development yet. I have a relatively long wish list about items
                      I want to have, and also for some that I would like to see, but that
                      are not available yet. A lot of items that were produced earlier are
                      only available via the secondary market. I think for the manufacturers
                      it would be a lot better if the consumer could buy new, instead of
                      hoping that an item will show up on EBay sometimes. Besides buying
                      something on EBay won't bring any money to the original manufacturer.

                      The same is true, I believe, for the growth of the Z customer numbers.
                      If they see something, and want to knew where they can get it, now
                      often you have to tell them "XYZ made this, but you will have to see
                      if you find it at EBay...". This isn't a good argument for getting
                      into Z.

                      I knew the solution for this problem isn't easy, maybe especially for
                      the small producer of things.

                      --
                      GreetingZ
                      Uwe
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jun 3, 2007
                        At 9:56 AM +0000 6/3/07, Allan Miller wrote:
                        >I'm not sure what the problem is with today's consumer-hobbyists.
                        >They seem to want everything that THEY want, and they want it NOW! I
                        >see this in the other scales I model, and in some or most cases it is
                        >doing more harm to the hobby than good. As I've said so often in

                        I'd just like to point out that I'm not saying I want everything I
                        want for my trains NOW! Quite the opposite, I'm happy to wait, and
                        add an item here and there. It helps to keep things affordable.

                        What I am saying is that when I walk into a train store a couple days
                        after a new car, or cars are announced and am informed that I can't
                        buy them, because the store is sold out and can't get any more from
                        MTL, I consider this to be a problem.

                        Call me strange, but I for one would rather pay more to support a
                        store in my own community, I don't want to have to order online from
                        another state. In fact this is one reason that I really like buying
                        MTL products, I'm an Oregonian, and by buying MTL I'm helping to
                        support an Oregon business.

                        >If MTL or someone else announces something you want to buy, establish
                        >a good, regular relationship with a dealer and get your order placed
                        >on their list. Otherwise, take your chances when the item is
                        >eventually released and find a dealer who has it available or shop the
                        >secondary market.

                        >My feeling is that MTL, in particular, has done a very good job in
                        >giving folks a heads-up about what they are planning, and estimating
                        >when it may be available. They try to be realistic in meeting the

                        OK, I'm curious, am I missing something here? We know that the Army
                        train is coming around the bend, and that the GP9's are on the way.
                        We actually know what the first GP9 will be. We also know about the
                        passenger cars and F8's (or is it E8). I'd like the Army train, but
                        will probably pass on it, unless I happen to get lucky and spot it in
                        my FLHS and decide on a whim to buy it. The rest I'll be wanting to
                        buy if I can get the roads I'm collecting.

                        All of the above info is very vague though, and it's hard to place
                        orders on vague. Can you tell me what the July cars are? This is
                        what I'm talking about. How are we to know if any of the July cars
                        are anything we want to get? By the time we do find out if they are
                        something we want, we run the risk of them being sold out before we
                        can get them.

                        Zane

                        Message 11 of 28 , Jun 3, 2007
                          Uwe I have never seen a response so eloquently worded, you are truly the
                          politician! I vote for you for Mayor of Zville, will someone second the
                          nomination? I�ve never seen such a swift �reverse 180� are you into racing
                          too?

                          In regards to second runs being cheaper for MTL to do that�s simply
                          ridiculous even with existing molds, labor has gone up and so is every other
                          aspect of manufacturing. Tooling could have even changed requiring mold
                          modifications or complete rework of the molds/new molds altogether. So no it
                          won�t be cheaper even with the very same production house.

                          Another question that comes to mind, why are they beating to death the same
                          old lines? Why aren�t they doing anything in the Fallen Flags lines? Those
                          lines are still being modeled in fairly large numbers and most of the stuff
                          is coming from the cottage industry side of MRR, thank the almighty for
                          those guy�s if it weren�t for them we�d all be running BNSF, CSX, UP, and
                          SP.

                          Just take a look at what Chad did recently, with only some help from Uncle
                          Will, he brought in the Bill K. car, On Time, At Cost. He didn�t sit in a
                          conference room bickering with the N Scale team and he didn�t have to
                          connive management for a budget, AND he didn�t leave a Single modeler
                          hanging in the lurch.

                          All this makes one Really Appreciate all the efforts of Robert, Tim, Rob,
                          Loren, Uncle Will, Trainnut and now Chad. Thanks Guys you are truly the
                          Gucci�s and Armani�s of small scale model railroading today!

                          Aaron, I can always expect to see some responsible and pertinent to the
                          subject at hand when I read your posts. Hopefully someone at MTL will take
                          heed of your suggestion?

                          To take that a step further they should also have regional reps to include
                          Canada, Germany, Switzerland, Norway and Denmark or at the very least an
                          order/pre-order form on the MTL website where they could then offer the reps
                          exclusive access to projected sales in their areas. MTL should also come to
                          terms with the fact that they aren�t a little company any more. Trust me
                          there is nothing sitting on the shelves of my LHS for more than a day or two
                          excepting the standard stock of Micro-Track. If I�m not there by Friday of
                          the week it�s released, well shame on me.

                          Right now they are the largest supplier of mass produced Z scale items, this
                          won�t always be the case. Other manufacturers are bound to see the revenue
                          potential and squeeze their way in as well. The stunt with the N Scale Pan
                          Am car won you more than a few disgruntled fans (not the best marketing
                          approach ever deployed). Also why didn�t we even see this car in Z scale?
                          Hmmm?

                          /s/ Another HAVE TO HAVE IT RIGHT NOW, hurting the Hobby, Z Scale enthusiast

                          Message 12 of 28 , Jun 3, 2007
                            We can talk to ourselves until we are blue in the face.

                            It is the two sisters at MTL that have to be convinces there is money
                            in Z.

                            ...don

                            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Mike D." <zscaletrains@...> wrote:

                            > Uwe I have never seen a response so eloquently worded, you are truly
                            the
                            > politician!
                          • Karin Svenson
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jun 3, 2007
                              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Don Avila" <d.f.avila@...> wrote:

                              > We can talk to ourselves until we are blue in the face.
                              >
                              > It is the two sisters at MTL that have to be convinces there is
                              money
                              > in Z.

                              Don, just don't turn into one of those "Blue Guys" that play with
                              plastic pipe!

                              My 2 bits worth is this... if MTL's leadership doesn't step up to the
                              plate and if AZL remains too expensive for many then I hope Athearn,
                              Atlas, Bachmann, or similar companies to put their toes in the
                              water. Remember, they didn't go into N scale right away and now you
                              can get some very nice prototypical motive power and rolling stock in
                              just about all of the major road names, even in Alaska! Granted some
                              are cheaper than others but they offer affordable high end N scale.
                              Competition is what gets us more, and better, in every product known
                              to man. I'm glad old man Henry Ford wasn't the only producer of
                              automobiles, who knows what few styles and low efficieny cars we'd be
                              driving now.

                              I cannot believe that these other companies are not rubbing their
                              chins as they contemplate the Z scale market. They have to be at
                              least THINKING about it, no?

                              Karin
                            • Don Avila
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jun 3, 2007
                                My worthless guess is that some of these manufacturers will take a
                                GOOD look around Detroit this summer, and then begin to consider
                                spending some tooling money. Detroit is only 8 weeks away -- Isn't
                                that 7+1 or 6+2? It's a big commitment to start off on another scale.
                                And there is a BIG chicken/egg world out there that has to pay the
                                bills. I see Loren was helping promote the product in San Jose
                                yesterday/today] ...don

                                - - -

                                > Don, just don't turn into one of those "Blue Guys" that play with
                                > plastic pipe!
                                >
                                > My 2 bits worth is this... if MTL's leadership doesn't step up to the
                                > plate and if AZL remains too expensive for many then I hope Athearn,
                                > Atlas, Bachmann, or similar companies to put their toes in the
                                > water. Remember, they didn't go into N scale right away and now you
                                > can get some very nice prototypical motive power and rolling stock in
                                > just about all of the major road names, even in Alaska! Granted some
                                > are cheaper than others but they offer affordable high end N scale.
                                > Competition is what gets us more, and better, in every product known
                                > to man. I'm glad old man Henry Ford wasn't the only producer of
                                > automobiles, who knows what few styles and low efficieny cars we'd be
                                > driving now.
                                >
                                > I cannot believe that these other companies are not rubbing their
                                > chins as they contemplate the Z scale market. They have to be at
                                > least THINKING about it, no?
                                >
                                > Karin

                              • Mike D.
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jun 3, 2007
                                  Say It Ain't So, Don...

                                  MTL is operated by two women? Well that explains that.

                                  My dealer called them in inquire about a car for me and something called
                                  'runner set's #4 and #5 it think it was, the woman who answered the phone
                                  not knowing she was on speaker phone didn't just get nasty real quick, she
                                  got ultra-NASTY. Now my dealer (who looks exactly like Wolfman Jack did)
                                  looked at me with the widest eyes I've ever seen on a Human in all my life.
                                  No no receptionist in the world would dare to speak to a customer like that
                                  for fear of her job, so it had to be one of these women.

                                  I'm not taking anything away from women in business I hope all will
                                  understand. But from this attitude it's clearly evident nothing will change
                                  and those personnel at MTL must have their hands full in dealing with that
                                  kind of mentality. They must of had to walk to school (uphill, both ways).

                                  Karin, I sure hope your assessment is right, for them to not take advantage
                                  while they 'Owned' the market and had the chance to establish themselves as
                                  the leader. To just give the opportunity away, well that just seems to be
                                  the American way these days. I realize all to well that if it was easy then
                                  boy scouts and girl scouts would be doing it. Whats going on here is just a
                                  shame, a plain ole shame.

                                  /s/ Not Really a GOT TO HAVE IT NOW, disgruntled, Hurting the Hobby, MTL
                                  fan.

                                  >From: "Karin Svenson" <karin@...>
                                  >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
                                  >Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: MTL Production Numbers
                                  >Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 23:21:27 -0000
                                  >
                                  >--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Don Avila" <d.f.avila@...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > We can talk to ourselves until we are blue in the face.
                                  > >
                                  > > It is the two sisters at MTL that have to be convinces there is
                                  >money
                                  > > in Z.
                                  >
                                  >Don, just don't turn into one of those "Blue Guys" that play with
                                  >plastic pipe!
                                  >
                                  >My 2 bits worth is this... if MTL's leadership doesn't step up to the
                                  >plate and if AZL remains too expensive for many then I hope Athearn,
                                  >Atlas, Bachmann, or similar companies to put their toes in the
                                  >water. Remember, they didn't go into N scale right away and now you
                                  >can get some very nice prototypical motive power and rolling stock in
                                  >just about all of the major road names, even in Alaska! Granted some
                                  >are cheaper than others but they offer affordable high end N scale.
                                  >Competition is what gets us more, and better, in every product known
                                  >to man. I'm glad old man Henry Ford wasn't the only producer of
                                  >automobiles, who knows what few styles and low efficieny cars we'd be
                                  >driving now.
                                  >
                                  >I cannot believe that these other companies are not rubbing their
                                  >chins as they contemplate the Z scale market. They have to be at
                                  >least THINKING about it, no?
                                  >
                                  >Karin

                                  Live Hotmail.
                                • Don Avila
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jun 3, 2007
                                    Give Loren a couple of days to get his feet back on the ground and
                                    drop him an Email. He's been at a train show with Joe with at least
                                    two of the new GP9's fully decorated. Check out TRAINBOARD for the
                                    colors. Loren is in at MTL regularly and can can fill you in on
                                    details, even the names of who to write to or whatever. I didn't
                                    think the sisters answered the phones, but who knows. MTL has quite a
                                    few employees.

                                    ...don

                                    > Say It Ain't So, Don...
                                    >
                                    > MTL is operated by two women? Well that explains that.
                                    >
                                    > My dealer called them in inquire about a car for me and something
                                    called
                                    > 'runner set's #4 and #5 it think it was, the woman who answered the
                                    phone
                                    > not knowing she was on speaker phone didn't just get nasty real
                                    quick, she
                                    > got ultra-NASTY. Now my dealer (who looks exactly like Wolfman Jack
                                    did)
                                    > looked at me with the widest eyes I've ever seen on a Human in all
                                    my life.
                                    > No no receptionist in the world would dare to speak to a customer
                                    like that
                                    > for fear of her job, so it had to be one of these women.
                                    >
                                    > I'm not taking anything away from women in business I hope all will
                                    > understand. But from this attitude it's clearly evident nothing will
                                    change
                                    > and those personnel at MTL must have their hands full in dealing
                                    with that
                                    > kind of mentality. They must of had to walk to school (uphill, both
                                    ways).

                                    > Karin, I sure hope your assessment is right, for them to not take
                                    advantage
                                    > while they 'Owned' the market and had the chance to establish
                                    themselves as
                                    > the leader. To just give the opportunity away, well that just seems
                                    to be
                                    > the American way these days. I realize all to well that if it was
                                    easy then
                                    > boy scouts and girl scouts would be doing it. Whats going on here is
                                    just a
                                    > shame, a plain ole shame.
                                  • Joe DAmato
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jun 3, 2007
                                      Boy, I go to San Francisco for a day of train runnin' and come back
                                      to this!! :o)

                                      Hey, I'd love to tell you all what's coming in the way of road names,
                                      but that's a lot more complicated than talking about new product
                                      development. It's also something done by a different part of the
                                      company and I think there's someting to do with letting dealers know
                                      what and when and when to let customers know, and what and
                                      when...oye..my head hurts. We've come a long way in the past 4 years
                                      and I wouldn't be surprised if we continue to move and change in the
                                      comming months and years...and as we do I announce what I can.

                                      Cheers

                                      Joe

                                    • Alan Cox
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jun 4, 2007
                                        > got ultra-NASTY. Now my dealer (who looks exactly like Wolfman Jack did)
                                        > looked at me with the widest eyes I've ever seen on a Human in all my life.
                                        > No no receptionist in the world would dare to speak to a customer like that
                                        > for fear of her job, so it had to be one of these women.

                                        So get her name and get her fired. And tell me you've never had a man do
                                        the same...
                                      • Garth Hamilton
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jun 4, 2007
                                          Guys if you are so sure you can do a better job then go get a job at
                                          MTL or better yet make an offer the current owners can not turn down
                                          and show us what you can do. Otherwise you are a lay preacher
                                          preaching to the already converted and it a rehash of what we have
                                          all heard. MTL management is not listening here. Joe is that is a
                                          truly bright light so don't blow it out.

                                          Garth Hamilton
                                          one of the converted
                                        • Edward Scullin
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jun 4, 2007
                                            Joe
                                            We can't really ask for any more than that. BUT
                                            Ed Scullin
                                            Thanks for filling us in when you can.