RE : Re: [Z_Scale] AZL Announces New Freight Cars

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007

      > What are the appropriate timeframes for these cars?
      > This could get
      > expensive for me with both UP and SP sets... Though
      > I suspect they're a bit
      > modern for my layout.

      I don't know for the centerflow hoppers nor for the
      Gunderson boxcars, although I oftenly see pictures of
      cars that look like them taken in the 60's.

      The covered tri-level autoracks appeared in the middle
      of the 70's.

      Dom

    • Zane H. Healy
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007
        At 9:53 AM +0200 6/1/07, de Champeaux Dominique wrote:

        >> What are the appropriate timeframes for these cars?
        >> This could get
        >> expensive for me with both UP and SP sets... Though
        >> I suspect they're a bit
        >> modern for my layout.
        >
        >I don't know for the centerflow hoppers nor for the
        >Gunderson boxcars, although I oftenly see pictures of
        >cars that look like them taken in the 60's.
        >
        >The covered tri-level autoracks appeared in the middle
        >of the 70's.

        Thanks, that was just what I need to know. Sadly it means that the
        Tri-Level Autoracks aren't suitable for me for SP, as the SP cut-off
        date for me is the very early 70's. With UP that isn't set in stone
        so I could make an exception for them. It looks like a total of 5
        sets for me if I can afford them at that time (at a minimum I really
        want the boxcars for both). Coupled with the Micro Trains passenger
        set and new engines, it's looking like the next 7-8 months will be
        expensive.

        Zane

        | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |