AZL Announces New Freight Cars

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , May 29, 2007
      Press Release – May 29th, 2007

      America Z Line is proud to announce the following injection molded freight
      cars:

      3 Bay Center Flow Hopper

      Product data: Will be sold as 4-pack with different road numbers
      Truck: AZL roller bearing truck with metal wheels and AZL coupler
      Roadnames first release: BN, BNSF, NS, UP, SP
      Expected: January 2008

      Tri-level Auto Rack

      Product data: will be sold as 4-pack with different road numbers
      Truck: AZL roller bearing truck with metal wheels and AZL coupler
      Etched metal sides
      Roadnames first release: SP, UP, BNSF, CSX, AT&SF, CP Rail
      Expected: January 2008

      60’ Gunderson Box Car (TTX TBOX)

      Product data: will be sold as 4-pack with different road numbers
      Truck: AZL roller bearing truck with metal wheels and AZL coupler
      Roadnames first release: TTX
      Expected: January 2008

      All freight car sets will be offered at competitive prices. To download a PDF
      of this press release, including line drawings, please click on the link:

      http://www.ztrack.com/Ztrack_PDFs/AZL_PR052907.pdf

      AZL is a product line of Rail Miniatures Ltd. AZL products are distributed
      exclusively by Ztrack Magazine Ltd.

      Rob Kluz

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016
      phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
      http://www.ztrack.com/
      Distributor American Z Line

    • Zane H. Healy
      Message 2 of 8 , May 29, 2007
        > America Z Line is proud to announce the following injection molded freight
        > cars:

        > 3 Bay Center Flow Hopper
        > Tri-level Auto Rack
        > 60’ Gunderson Box Car (TTX TBOX)

        What are the appropriate timeframes for these cars? This could get
        expensive for me with both UP and SP sets... Though I suspect they're a bit
        modern for my layout.

        Also, what are AZL couplers? Are they compatible with MTL couplers?

        Zane
      • ztrack@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , May 29, 2007
          Zane,

          We are anticipating all sets will be available starting January of 2008. This
          is a tentative date. AZL couplers are compatible with MTL couplers. The one
          big difference is that they are not Magne' Matic, but otherwise work well
          together.

          Rob

          Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
          6142 Northcliff Blvd.
          Dublin, OH 43016
          phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
          http://www.ztrack.com/
          Distributor American Z Line

        • n_2_z_scale
          Message 4 of 8 , May 29, 2007
            Holy Cow!!

            Joe from MTL has spoken way too soon!!! Looks like AZL is gearing
            up to be a major, mass production, competitor!!!!

            Looks like all three of the new releases are more MODERN that
            Transition Era!

            Hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

            Can't wait to get my hands on some of these!!!

            Thanks Rob for the announcement and Double Thanks to AZL!!!

            N2Z

            > Press Release â€" May 29th, 2007
            >
            > America Z Line is proud to announce the following injection molded
            freight
            > cars:
            >
            > 3 Bay Center Flow Hopper
            >
            > Product data: Will be sold as 4-pack with different road numbers
            > Truck: AZL roller bearing truck with metal wheels and AZL coupler
            > Roadnames first release: BN, BNSF, NS, UP, SP
            > Expected: January 2008
            >
            > Tri-level Auto Rack
            >
            > Product data: will be sold as 4-pack with different road numbers
            > Truck: AZL roller bearing truck with metal wheels and AZL coupler
            > Etched metal sides
            > Roadnames first release: SP, UP, BNSF, CSX, AT&SF, CP Rail
            > Expected: January 2008
            >
            > 60’ Gunderson Box Car (TTX TBOX)
            >
            > Product data: will be sold as 4-pack with different road numbers
            > Truck: AZL roller bearing truck with metal wheels and AZL coupler
            > Roadnames first release: TTX
            > Expected: January 2008
            >
            > All freight car sets will be offered at competitive prices. To
            download a PDF
            > of this press release, including line drawings, please click on
            the link:

            > http://www.ztrack.com/Ztrack_PDFs/AZL_PR052907.pdf
            >
            > AZL is a product line of Rail Miniatures Ltd. AZL products are
            distributed
            > exclusively by Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
            >
            > Rob Kluz
            >
            > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
            > 6142 Northcliff Blvd.
            > Dublin, OH 43016
            > phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
            > http://www.ztrack.com/
            > Distributor American Z Line
          • non
            Message 5 of 8 , May 29, 2007
              I am thankful that Z scale has three great mfg to product items for
              us. AZL, MTL and FT have been producing well detailed items and I
              love them all.
              Aaron

              Message 6 of 8 , May 29, 2007
                At 6:01 PM -0400 5/29/07, ztrack@... wrote:
                >Zane,
                >
                >We are anticipating all sets will be available starting January of 2008. This
                >is a tentative date. AZL couplers are compatible with MTL couplers. The one
                >big difference is that they are not Magne' Matic, but otherwise work well
                >together.

                That's good news, I was hoping they'd be compatible with the MTL couplers.

                By timeframe I was meaning what time period would these cars be
                appropriate for? I kind of get the impression we're looking at
                late-80's or newer, but don't know.

                Thanks,
                Zane

                | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |
              • de Champeaux Dominique
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007

                  > What are the appropriate timeframes for these cars?
                  > This could get
                  > expensive for me with both UP and SP sets... Though
                  > I suspect they're a bit
                  > modern for my layout.

                  I don't know for the centerflow hoppers nor for the
                  Gunderson boxcars, although I oftenly see pictures of
                  cars that look like them taken in the 60's.

                  The covered tri-level autoracks appeared in the middle
                  of the 70's.

                  Dom

                • Zane H. Healy
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007
                    At 9:53 AM +0200 6/1/07, de Champeaux Dominique wrote:

                    >> What are the appropriate timeframes for these cars?
                    >> This could get
                    >> expensive for me with both UP and SP sets... Though
                    >> I suspect they're a bit
                    >> modern for my layout.
                    >
                    >I don't know for the centerflow hoppers nor for the
                    >Gunderson boxcars, although I oftenly see pictures of
                    >cars that look like them taken in the 60's.
                    >
                    >The covered tri-level autoracks appeared in the middle
                    >of the 70's.

                    Thanks, that was just what I need to know. Sadly it means that the
                    Tri-Level Autoracks aren't suitable for me for SP, as the SP cut-off
                    date for me is the very early 70's. With UP that isn't set in stone
                    so I could make an exception for them. It looks like a total of 5
                    sets for me if I can afford them at that time (at a minimum I really
                    want the boxcars for both). Coupled with the Micro Trains passenger
                    set and new engines, it's looking like the next 7-8 months will be
                    expensive.