Re: RE : RE: [Z_Scale] a Z E8 A&B

  • Glen Chenier
    Message 1 of 49 , May 25, 2007

      > This is an unsolicited plug for Glen.......if you guys have any
      F7s that
      > are just about driving you nuts, I'd strongly suggest you send them
      to Glen
      > to work his magic trick on them.

      Thanks, Loren, but it would be better for one to email me offline and
      ask if I have seen whatever mechanical/electrical running problem and
      how to fix it (MTL F7 only, I have no experience with Marklin or AZL
      or MTL GP35). Advice is free to anyone willing and able to take
      their locomotive apart and learn how to maintain it themself.
      Sometimes certain situations (eyesight, tools) do not allow DIY,
      these I will service under arrangement and as time allows.

      One of the nicest things about owning and maintaining MTL product is
      the ease of obtaining replacement parts (plastic shell excepted)
      directly from the factory in Talent, Oregon, USA. This eliminates
      the fear factor of "what if I take it apart and lose/break
      something?" I too had to struggle with that psychological barrier
      the first time I worked up the courage to take apart my brand-new MTL
      F7s; and yes I did lose and break things and got them replaced
      (thanks to Mony, Laura, and Tina in MTL parts orders).

      If you are ordering parts and own several MTL F7s it is worthwhile to
      order as spares a complete gearset and wheelsets. Eventually you
      will do an overhaul and may need to replace some of these parts. The
      tower wormgears are usually the first to go; be sure to periodically
      lubricate and remove dirt from the mechanism to maximize gear life.
      Changing a tower wormgear is a bit tricky, you must avoid bending the
      replacement gear axle while inserting.

      Get on Trainboard once in a while but not much lately; Chris that is
      one nice project.
    • Glen Chenier
      Message 49 of 49 , May 25, 2007