Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Bill's Commemorative Car Update 5/3/07

  • Rocco
    Message 1 of 27 , May 3 3:04 PM
      [snip]

      "The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which
      includes shipping and handling. If interested in a
      car, please send a check or money order to the below
      address to Chad Bryan. Thank you."

      [snip]

      "Chad Bryan
      1407 Chantilly Ln
      Houston, TX 77018"

      The contributions made by Chad, Uncle Will, Hay
      Brothers, Micro-Trains, PennZee, the guy who did the
      printing, and anyone else whose name I missed are
      outstanding. KUDOS to everyone of you.

      Chad, how many cars are there?

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Thomas Welsch
      Message 2 of 27 , May 3 3:50 PM
        I, for one, am happy to hear that there has been great progress on the
        commemorative cars. Thank you Chad and everyone else who helped see
        this project to it's successful completion. I look forward to receiving
        my first car.

        I believe that if Sue has determined that the money should be donated
        to the Cancer Society, we should honor her wishes. I also believe that
        this would be Bill's wish. (But what do I know)

        Thanks again Chad,
        Thom Welsch
      • dpstripe@aol.com
        Message 3 of 27 , May 3 4:46 PM
          Chad,
          I think this sounds like a great idea.
          Dan S.

          In a message dated 5/3/2007 9:14:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          chadztrainz@... writes:

          A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last week and
          told her of the money already received from the sale of Bill's car and told her
          the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all of you this. Sue would like to
          donate the money to the American Cancer Society in Bill's name and wants your
          opinion, agree or disagree? Let me know how you feel. So far with 36
          orders there is $1,080.00.

        • Kez
          Message 4 of 27 , May 3 7:33 PM
            Chad,

            Perhaps holding the money for a short time is a good idea, just in case, and
            then Sue's wishes should be honored.

            Everyone please get your orders in, and tell everyone you know that now is the
            time.

            Thanks for everything Chad.

            Bryan Keyser

            > I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to Houston.
            All the materials <snip>
          • Pacha
            Message 5 of 27 , May 3 7:37 PM
              Hello,
              To whom and where do I submit a check to and for how much.
              Thanks,
              Pacha

              --
              Pacha Kaye
              pkaye6@...

            • Larry Card
              Message 6 of 27 , May 3 7:58 PM
                > >I am surprised the paucity of orders. How may cars are
                > >available? For all the flurry of messages about
                > >getting the car made and all the hard work and
                > >donations put in by a few members, the response of the
                > >z community has been something less than
                > >heart-warming.

                >You have just hit the nail on the head.......remember when lots of jabber
                >was going on about the Geep undecorated? Not very many were initially
                >purchased, which put Joe in a bad light with MTL and now we see another
                >example of lots of talk and little action perhaps.

                I didn't order a car because I'm an Nn3'er, not a Z scaler. If there are
                cars left over, I would be glad to have one. Please post the ordering
                information and price again for those of us who missed it?
                V/R
                Larry P. Card
                Franklinton NC

              • miked_r
                Message 7 of 27 , May 3 8:02 PM
                  Although I have not ordered a car (yet!), I do think that Sue's wishes
                  should be followed and respected. I am sure if she needed the money,
                  she would not have even made such a suggestion. Besides, I believe the
                  original idea was to give the money to Bill's family. If this is the
                  way they choose to spend what is ultimately _their_ money, so be it;
                  it is not for us to say.

                  By her donating in honor of Bill, and helping treat and cure cancer
                  now and in the future, she perpetuates his memory always and in the
                  process, helps someone else-something we all know Bill would do himself.

                  Just my 2 cents, or $1.87 adjusted for inflation...

                  Michael

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> wrote:

                  > Hello All,
                  >
                  > I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to
                  Houston. All the materials are ready and the cars will start to be
                  mailed out this weekend. Please be a little more patient and the
                  orders will go out soon. I stopped cashing the checks until the
                  plastic boxes arrived. The checks will be cashed this week. There
                  are close to 36 orders so far. Rob Kluz has ordered one and will use
                  it for a ad in the Z Track Magazine.

                  > A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last
                  week and told her of the money already received from the sale of
                  Bill's car and told her the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all of
                  you this. Sue would like to donate the money to the American Cancer
                  Society in Bill's name and wants your opinion, agree or disagree? Let
                  me know how you feel. So far with 36 orders there is $1,080.00.

                  > For anyone new: Bill Kronenberger one of the founding Father's of
                  Z-Bend Track Standard for modules in Z scale. Bill wrote the
                  standards and developed the wiring harnesses for the modules. In his
                  dedication to the hobby of model railroading in Z scale, we have a
                  commemorative car available in his honor. The car is a two bay open
                  hopper from Uncle Will Full Throttle. The coal load from Hay
                  Brothers. The lettering on the cars by a local train club member with
                  Bill K. 2007 on one side. Z-Bend Track on the other side of each car.
                  Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from PennZee. The cars
                  are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which includes shipping and
                  handling. If interested in a car, please send a check or money order
                  to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank you. Please read the
                  excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines about Bill Kronenberger.

                  > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I
                  have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from
                  Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is
                  there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am
                  also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped
                  Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones under
                  my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring harnesses.
                  But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and lot's of stuff
                  going on all the time.

                  > Have a good day.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  > Chad Bryan
                  > 1407 Chantilly Ln
                  > Houston, TX 77018

                • Dave Hjortnaes
                  Message 8 of 27 , May 3 8:19 PM
                    The original intent was to give all funds raised directly to Sue,
                    and allow her to decide where it should go - NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
                    I think this idea should be followed through.

                    Every week or 2 weeks, give her whatever funds have been received.
                    I am sure she is mature enough to make an intelligent decision, and
                    would defer to her children if she has any doubts.

                    Secondly, I am sure the sale has gone slow because a lot of people
                    do not know about the car. Once Rob, thank you Rob, has a notice in
                    Z-track, I am sure things will pick up.

                    Thanks again to everyone who has put forth effort to make this
                    commemorative car a gift of love in Bill's honor.

                    Dave H.

                    wrote:

                    > Hello All,
                    >
                    > I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to
                    Houston. All the materials are ready and the cars will start to be
                    mailed out this weekend. Please be a little more patient and the
                    orders will go out soon. I stopped cashing the checks until the
                    plastic boxes arrived. The checks will be cashed this week. There
                    are close to 36 orders so far. Rob Kluz has ordered one and will
                    use it for a ad in the Z Track Magazine.

                    > A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last
                    week and told her of the money already received from the sale of
                    Bill's car and told her the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all
                    of you this. Sue would like to donate the money to the American
                    Cancer Society in Bill's name and wants your opinion, agree or
                    disagree? Let me know how you feel. So far with 36 orders there is
                    $1,080.00.

                    > For anyone new: Bill Kronenberger one of the founding Father's
                    of Z-Bend Track Standard for modules in Z scale. Bill wrote the
                    standards and developed the wiring harnesses for the modules. In
                    his dedication to the hobby of model railroading in Z scale, we have
                    a commemorative car available in his honor. The car is a two bay
                    open hopper from Uncle Will Full Throttle. The coal load from Hay
                    Brothers. The lettering on the cars by a local train club member
                    with Bill K. 2007 on one side. Z-Bend Track on the other side of
                    each car. Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from
                    PennZee. The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which
                    includes shipping and handling. If interested in a car, please send
                    a check or money order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank
                    you. Please read the excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines
                    about Bill Kronenberger.

                    > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I
                    have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from
                    Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is
                    there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am
                    also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped
                    Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones
                    under my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring
                    harnesses. But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and
                    lot's of stuff going on all the time.

                    > Have a good day.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    > Chad Bryan
                    > 1407 Chantilly Ln
                    > Houston, TX 77018

                  • Ed Dalman
                    Message 9 of 27 , May 3 9:40 PM
                      Chad,
                      You are close to Sue and can help with her wishes. You may be right, that later she needs some of it. There are also two children to think about. I am too far away to help her, please do it for me.
                      Thanks again Chad,
                      Ed Dalman

                    • Ellen J Shelton
                      Message 10 of 27 , May 4 8:51 AM
                        Chad

                        As a person who has been there recently--I believe you should follow her
                        wishes. It probably is something she needs to do--for her emotional
                        health. The only reason not to follow those wishes is if she is in
                        serious financial trouble

                        Ellen
                        Indianapolis
                      • Rick Breitzman
                        Message 11 of 27 , May 4 5:01 PM
                          I have been watching the chats for some time, and have learned a lot from so
                          many of you. I have only contributed infrequently, but this topic is too
                          important to let go without my few comments. I also want to thank all who
                          have already contributed to this tribute to a wonderful Zer. I have one car
                          on order, and would like to buy a second. I believe that the goal was to
                          allow as many as possible buy one, as a tribute to Bills Contribution, and
                          less about how much money could be raised for his family. I would expect
                          that we could quickly sell them out by allowing people to buy two or maybe
                          three (no dealers please). Maybe clubs would buy them for prizes or awards.
                          In any case, let Sue and family decide how to use any money raised.

                          When will the one car per person limit be re-considered?

                          I cannot wait to see Bill's car rolling on my rails. And thanks to Chad for
                          taking this all on. God bless.

                          Happy Friday to you all,

                          Rick Breitzman

                          _____

                          --- Allan Miller <almiller@vt. <mailto:almiller%40vt.edu> edu> wrote:

                          > Sue's wishes should be respected without
                          > reservation. None of us are
                          > in a position to make such a determination for her
                          > or on her behalf.
                          >
                          > That said, I must have missed the ordering info at
                          > some point. How
                          > much are the cars, and where should the payment be
                          > sent? That
                          > information needs to be repeated often, here and
                          > possibly elsewhere,
                          > including, of course, in Rob's Publication.
                          >
                          > Allan
                          >

                          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> .com, "Paul
                          Hertel"
                          > <paulhertel@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > As my wife is now a cancer survivor I am in
                          > agreement with Sue
                          > Kroneberger
                          > > to a point.
                          > > If she needs the money for bills....that is what
                          > it's for?
                          > >
                          > > I also wish to order a car. I don't care what it
                          > costs.
                          > >
                          > > Happy Z'ing
                          > > Paul
                          > > Berger Meister, Hertzberg.
                          >
                          > > Car A
                          > > MidweZt HaulerZ
                          > > Belleville, IL
                          > > www.midwezthaulerz.com
                          > <blocked::http://www.midwezth <http://www.midwezthaulerz.com> aulerz.com>
                          > >

                          > > _____
                          > >
                          > > From: z_scale@yahoogroups <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> .com

                        • Elizabeth Hayes
                          Message 12 of 27 , May 5 3:36 PM
                            In case it hasn`t occured to anyone, you can donate money in Bill`s name to
                            the American Cancer Society at any time without buying a car or two cars or
                            however many or you can do both send $30 for a car and another $30
                            directly to your local office of the ACS in Bill`s name.

> [...]
                            >each car. Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from
                            >PennZee. The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which
                            >includes shipping and handling. If interested in a car, please send
                            >a check or money order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank
                            >you. Please read the excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines
                            >about Bill Kronenberger.
                            > >
                            > > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I
                            >have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from
                            >Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is
                            >there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am
                            >also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped
                            >Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones
                            >under my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring
                            >harnesses. But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and

                            Watch free concerts with Pink, Rod Stewart, Oasis and more.� Visit MSN In
                            Concert today. http://music.msn.com/presents?icid=ncmsnpresentstagline
                          • Elizabeth Hayes
                            Message 13 of 27 , May 5 3:41 PM
                              didn`t Uncle Will say that there were around 250 cars in the original run ?
                              after the first group of cars get shipped ( I haven`t received mine yet) and
                              people see that they are out there then the orders should pick up and then
                              lift the order limit. Are dealers going to be allowed to stock them? maybe
                              people who don`t read this forum and only buy from the mail order dealers
                              have no other way to buy a car??
                              >From: "Larry Card" <lpcard@...>
                              >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
                              >Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Bill's Commemorative Car Update 5/3/07
                              >Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 22:58:19 -0400
                              >
                              > > >I am surprised the paucity of orders. How may cars are
                              > > >available? For all the flurry of messages about
                              > > >getting the car made and all the hard work and
                              > > >donations put in by a few members, the response of the
                              > > >z community has been something less than
                              > > >heart-warming.
                              >
                              > >You have just hit the nail on the head.......remember when lots of jabber
                              > >was going on about the Geep undecorated? Not very many were initially
                              > >purchased, which put Joe in a bad light with MTL and now we see another
                              > >example of lots of talk and little action perhaps.
                              >
                              >I didn't order a car because I'm an Nn3'er, not a Z scaler. If there are
                              >cars left over, I would be glad to have one. Please post the ordering
                              >information and price again for those of us who missed it?
                              >V/R
                              >Larry P. Card
                              >Franklinton NC

                              >Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft Office
                              >Live! http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/

                              Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
                            • Don Avila
                              Message 14 of 27 , May 7 1:15 PM
                                Bill's memorial car came today.

                                Bill would be proud to see his name on this car. It is really nice
                                from car to tho load to container box to printing to pad stamping to
                                shipping.

                                Thanks again Chad,
                                ...don
                              • starion20002001
                                Message 15 of 27 , May 8 6:25 AM
                                  My car came with yesterday's mail and it is beautiful!, as for the
                                  money, I say hold onto it for a few months and if SK does not need it
                                  then donate it all to the American Cancer Society as she wishes.

                                  --- JCP