Re: Bill's Commemorative Car Update 5/3/07

  • Allan Miller
    Message 1 of 27 , May 3, 2007
      Sue's wishes should be respected without reservation. None of us are
      in a position to make such a determination for her or on her behalf.

      That said, I must have missed the ordering info at some point. How
      much are the cars, and where should the payment be sent? That
      information needs to be repeated often, here and possibly elsewhere,
      including, of course, in Rob's Publication.

      Allan

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Hertel" <paulhertel@...> wrote:

      > As my wife is now a cancer survivor I am in agreement with Sue
      Kroneberger
      > to a point.
      > If she needs the money for bills....that is what it's for?
      >
      > I also wish to order a car. I don't care what it costs.
      >
      > Happy Z'ing
      > Paul
      > Berger Meister, Hertzberg.
      > Car A
      > MidweZt HaulerZ
      > Belleville, IL
      > www.midwezthaulerz.com <blocked::http://www.midwezthaulerz.com>
      >

      > _____

      Behalf Of
      > Chadrick Morris
      > Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:14 AM
      > To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [Z_Scale] Bill's Commemorative Car Update 5/3/07
      >

      > Hello All,
      >
      > I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to
      Houston. All
      > the materials are ready and the cars will start to be mailed out this
      > weekend. Please be a little more patient and the orders will go out
      soon. I
      > stopped cashing the checks until the plastic boxes arrived. The
      checks will
      > be cashed this week. There are close to 36 orders so far. Rob Kluz has
      > ordered one and will use it for a ad in the Z Track Magazine.
      >
      > A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last week
      and told
      > her of the money already received from the sale of Bill's car and
      told her
      > the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all of you this. Sue would
      like to
      > donate the money to the American Cancer Society in Bill's name and wants
      > your opinion, agree or disagree? Let me know how you feel. So far
      with 36
      > orders there is $1,080.00.
      >
      > For anyone new: Bill Kronenberger one of the founding Father's of Z-Bend
      > Track Standard for modules in Z scale. Bill wrote the standards and
      > developed the wiring harnesses for the modules. In his dedication to the
      > hobby of model railroading in Z scale, we have a commemorative car
      available
      > in his honor. The car is a two bay open hopper from Uncle Will Full
      > Throttle. The coal load from Hay Brothers. The lettering on the cars
      by a
      > local train club member with Bill K. 2007 on one side. Z-Bend Track
      on the
      > other side of each car. Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from
      > PennZee. The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which includes
      > shipping and handling. If interested in a car, please send a check
      or money
      > order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank you. Please read the
      > excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines about Bill Kronenberger.
      >
      > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I have
      purchased
      > most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from Sue. I will
      pay her
      > with monthly payments with my own money. Is there anyone needing a
      wiring
      > harness? I can make a few up. I am also thinking of putting one on
      eBay and
      > see if it sells. I helped Bill and Sue make quite a few of them
      myself, plus
      > all the ones under my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track
      wiring
      > harnesses. But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and lot's of
      > stuff going on all the time.
      >
      > Have a good day.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Chad Bryan
      > 1407 Chantilly Ln
      > Houston, TX 77018

    • John Duino
      Message 2 of 27 , May 3, 2007
        I'd say it's up to her discretion. This is to help her and her family. If
        she feels that is best done by donating it, so be it.

        John
      • Rocco
        Message 3 of 27 , May 3, 2007
          [snip]

          "The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which
          includes shipping and handling. If interested in a
          car, please send a check or money order to the below
          address to Chad Bryan. Thank you."

          [snip]

          "Chad Bryan
          1407 Chantilly Ln
          Houston, TX 77018"

          The contributions made by Chad, Uncle Will, Hay
          Brothers, Micro-Trains, PennZee, the guy who did the
          printing, and anyone else whose name I missed are
          outstanding. KUDOS to everyone of you.

          Chad, how many cars are there?

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Thomas Welsch
          Message 4 of 27 , May 3, 2007
            I, for one, am happy to hear that there has been great progress on the
            commemorative cars. Thank you Chad and everyone else who helped see
            this project to it's successful completion. I look forward to receiving
            my first car.

            I believe that if Sue has determined that the money should be donated
            to the Cancer Society, we should honor her wishes. I also believe that
            this would be Bill's wish. (But what do I know)

            Thanks again Chad,
            Thom Welsch
          • dpstripe@aol.com
            Message 5 of 27 , May 3, 2007
              Chad,
              I think this sounds like a great idea.
              Dan S.

              In a message dated 5/3/2007 9:14:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
              chadztrainz@... writes:

              A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last week and
              told her of the money already received from the sale of Bill's car and told her
              the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all of you this. Sue would like to
              donate the money to the American Cancer Society in Bill's name and wants your
              opinion, agree or disagree? Let me know how you feel. So far with 36
              orders there is $1,080.00.

            • Kez
              Message 6 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                Chad,

                Perhaps holding the money for a short time is a good idea, just in case, and
                then Sue's wishes should be honored.

                Everyone please get your orders in, and tell everyone you know that now is the
                time.

                Thanks for everything Chad.

                Bryan Keyser

                > I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to Houston.
                All the materials <snip>
              • Pacha
                Message 7 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                  Hello,
                  To whom and where do I submit a check to and for how much.
                  Thanks,
                  Pacha

                  --
                  Pacha Kaye
                  pkaye6@...

                • Larry Card
                  Message 8 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                    > >I am surprised the paucity of orders. How may cars are
                    > >available? For all the flurry of messages about
                    > >getting the car made and all the hard work and
                    > >donations put in by a few members, the response of the
                    > >z community has been something less than
                    > >heart-warming.

                    >You have just hit the nail on the head.......remember when lots of jabber
                    >was going on about the Geep undecorated? Not very many were initially
                    >purchased, which put Joe in a bad light with MTL and now we see another
                    >example of lots of talk and little action perhaps.

                    I didn't order a car because I'm an Nn3'er, not a Z scaler. If there are
                    cars left over, I would be glad to have one. Please post the ordering
                    information and price again for those of us who missed it?
                    V/R
                    Larry P. Card
                    Franklinton NC

                  • miked_r
                    Message 9 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                      Although I have not ordered a car (yet!), I do think that Sue's wishes
                      should be followed and respected. I am sure if she needed the money,
                      she would not have even made such a suggestion. Besides, I believe the
                      original idea was to give the money to Bill's family. If this is the
                      way they choose to spend what is ultimately _their_ money, so be it;
                      it is not for us to say.

                      By her donating in honor of Bill, and helping treat and cure cancer
                      now and in the future, she perpetuates his memory always and in the
                      process, helps someone else-something we all know Bill would do himself.

                      Just my 2 cents, or $1.87 adjusted for inflation...

                      Michael

                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> wrote:

                      > Hello All,
                      >
                      > I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to
                      Houston. All the materials are ready and the cars will start to be
                      mailed out this weekend. Please be a little more patient and the
                      orders will go out soon. I stopped cashing the checks until the
                      plastic boxes arrived. The checks will be cashed this week. There
                      are close to 36 orders so far. Rob Kluz has ordered one and will use
                      it for a ad in the Z Track Magazine.

                      > A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last
                      week and told her of the money already received from the sale of
                      Bill's car and told her the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all of
                      you this. Sue would like to donate the money to the American Cancer
                      Society in Bill's name and wants your opinion, agree or disagree? Let
                      me know how you feel. So far with 36 orders there is $1,080.00.

                      > For anyone new: Bill Kronenberger one of the founding Father's of
                      Z-Bend Track Standard for modules in Z scale. Bill wrote the
                      standards and developed the wiring harnesses for the modules. In his
                      dedication to the hobby of model railroading in Z scale, we have a
                      commemorative car available in his honor. The car is a two bay open
                      hopper from Uncle Will Full Throttle. The coal load from Hay
                      Brothers. The lettering on the cars by a local train club member with
                      Bill K. 2007 on one side. Z-Bend Track on the other side of each car.
                      Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from PennZee. The cars
                      are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which includes shipping and
                      handling. If interested in a car, please send a check or money order
                      to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank you. Please read the
                      excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines about Bill Kronenberger.

                      > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I
                      have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from
                      Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is
                      there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am
                      also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped
                      Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones under
                      my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring harnesses.
                      But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and lot's of stuff
                      going on all the time.

                      > Have a good day.
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      > Chad Bryan
                      > 1407 Chantilly Ln
                      > Houston, TX 77018

                    • Dave Hjortnaes
                      Message 10 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                        The original intent was to give all funds raised directly to Sue,
                        and allow her to decide where it should go - NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
                        I think this idea should be followed through.

                        Every week or 2 weeks, give her whatever funds have been received.
                        I am sure she is mature enough to make an intelligent decision, and
                        would defer to her children if she has any doubts.

                        Secondly, I am sure the sale has gone slow because a lot of people
                        do not know about the car. Once Rob, thank you Rob, has a notice in
                        Z-track, I am sure things will pick up.

                        Thanks again to everyone who has put forth effort to make this
                        commemorative car a gift of love in Bill's honor.

                        Dave H.

                        wrote:

                        > Hello All,
                        >
                        > I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to
                        Houston. All the materials are ready and the cars will start to be
                        mailed out this weekend. Please be a little more patient and the
                        orders will go out soon. I stopped cashing the checks until the
                        plastic boxes arrived. The checks will be cashed this week. There
                        are close to 36 orders so far. Rob Kluz has ordered one and will
                        use it for a ad in the Z Track Magazine.

                        > A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last
                        week and told her of the money already received from the sale of
                        Bill's car and told her the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all
                        of you this. Sue would like to donate the money to the American
                        Cancer Society in Bill's name and wants your opinion, agree or
                        disagree? Let me know how you feel. So far with 36 orders there is
                        $1,080.00.

                        > For anyone new: Bill Kronenberger one of the founding Father's
                        of Z-Bend Track Standard for modules in Z scale. Bill wrote the
                        standards and developed the wiring harnesses for the modules. In
                        his dedication to the hobby of model railroading in Z scale, we have
                        a commemorative car available in his honor. The car is a two bay
                        open hopper from Uncle Will Full Throttle. The coal load from Hay
                        Brothers. The lettering on the cars by a local train club member
                        with Bill K. 2007 on one side. Z-Bend Track on the other side of
                        each car. Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from
                        PennZee. The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which
                        includes shipping and handling. If interested in a car, please send
                        a check or money order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank
                        you. Please read the excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines
                        about Bill Kronenberger.

                        > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I
                        have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from
                        Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is
                        there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am
                        also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped
                        Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones
                        under my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring
                        harnesses. But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and
                        lot's of stuff going on all the time.

                        > Have a good day.
                        >
                        > Regards,
                        > Chad Bryan
                        > 1407 Chantilly Ln
                        > Houston, TX 77018

                      • Ed Dalman
                        Message 11 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                          Chad,
                          You are close to Sue and can help with her wishes. You may be right, that later she needs some of it. There are also two children to think about. I am too far away to help her, please do it for me.
                          Thanks again Chad,
                          Ed Dalman

                        • Ellen J Shelton
                          Message 12 of 27 , May 4, 2007
                            Chad

                            As a person who has been there recently--I believe you should follow her
                            wishes. It probably is something she needs to do--for her emotional
                            health. The only reason not to follow those wishes is if she is in
                            serious financial trouble

                            Ellen
                            Indianapolis
                          • Rick Breitzman
                            Message 13 of 27 , May 4, 2007
                              I have been watching the chats for some time, and have learned a lot from so
                              many of you. I have only contributed infrequently, but this topic is too
                              important to let go without my few comments. I also want to thank all who
                              have already contributed to this tribute to a wonderful Zer. I have one car
                              on order, and would like to buy a second. I believe that the goal was to
                              allow as many as possible buy one, as a tribute to Bills Contribution, and
                              less about how much money could be raised for his family. I would expect
                              that we could quickly sell them out by allowing people to buy two or maybe
                              three (no dealers please). Maybe clubs would buy them for prizes or awards.
                              In any case, let Sue and family decide how to use any money raised.

                              When will the one car per person limit be re-considered?

                              I cannot wait to see Bill's car rolling on my rails. And thanks to Chad for
                              taking this all on. God bless.

                              Happy Friday to you all,

                              Rick Breitzman

                              _____

                              --- Allan Miller <almiller@vt. <mailto:almiller%40vt.edu> edu> wrote:

                              > Sue's wishes should be respected without
                              > reservation. None of us are
                              > in a position to make such a determination for her
                              > or on her behalf.
                              >
                              > That said, I must have missed the ordering info at
                              > some point. How
                              > much are the cars, and where should the payment be
                              > sent? That
                              > information needs to be repeated often, here and
                              > possibly elsewhere,
                              > including, of course, in Rob's Publication.
                              >
                              > Allan
                              >

                              > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> .com, "Paul
                              Hertel"
                              > <paulhertel@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > As my wife is now a cancer survivor I am in
                              > agreement with Sue
                              > Kroneberger
                              > > to a point.
                              > > If she needs the money for bills....that is what
                              > it's for?
                              > >
                              > > I also wish to order a car. I don't care what it
                              > costs.
                              > >
                              > > Happy Z'ing
                              > > Paul
                              > > Berger Meister, Hertzberg.
                              >
                              > > Car A
                              > > MidweZt HaulerZ
                              > > Belleville, IL
                              > > www.midwezthaulerz.com
                              > <blocked::http://www.midwezth <http://www.midwezthaulerz.com> aulerz.com>
                              > >

                              > > _____
                              > >
                              > > From: z_scale@yahoogroups <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> .com

                            • Elizabeth Hayes
                              Message 14 of 27 , May 5, 2007
                                In case it hasn`t occured to anyone, you can donate money in Bill`s name to
                                the American Cancer Society at any time without buying a car or two cars or
                                however many or you can do both send $30 for a car and another $30
                                directly to your local office of the ACS in Bill`s name.

> [...]
                                >each car. Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from
                                >PennZee. The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which
                                >includes shipping and handling. If interested in a car, please send
                                >a check or money order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank
                                >you. Please read the excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines
                                >about Bill Kronenberger.
                                > >
                                > > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I
                                >have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from
                                >Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is
                                >there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am
                                >also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped
                                >Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones
                                >under my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring
                                >harnesses. But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and

                                Watch free concerts with Pink, Rod Stewart, Oasis and more.� Visit MSN In
                                Concert today. http://music.msn.com/presents?icid=ncmsnpresentstagline
                              • Elizabeth Hayes
                                Message 15 of 27 , May 5, 2007
                                  didn`t Uncle Will say that there were around 250 cars in the original run ?
                                  after the first group of cars get shipped ( I haven`t received mine yet) and
                                  people see that they are out there then the orders should pick up and then
                                  lift the order limit. Are dealers going to be allowed to stock them? maybe
                                  people who don`t read this forum and only buy from the mail order dealers
                                  have no other way to buy a car??
                                  >From: "Larry Card" <lpcard@...>
                                  >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
                                  >Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Bill's Commemorative Car Update 5/3/07
                                  >Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 22:58:19 -0400
                                  >
                                  > > >I am surprised the paucity of orders. How may cars are
                                  > > >available? For all the flurry of messages about
                                  > > >getting the car made and all the hard work and
                                  > > >donations put in by a few members, the response of the
                                  > > >z community has been something less than
                                  > > >heart-warming.
                                  >
                                  > >You have just hit the nail on the head.......remember when lots of jabber
                                  > >was going on about the Geep undecorated? Not very many were initially
                                  > >purchased, which put Joe in a bad light with MTL and now we see another
                                  > >example of lots of talk and little action perhaps.
                                  >
                                  >I didn't order a car because I'm an Nn3'er, not a Z scaler. If there are
                                  >cars left over, I would be glad to have one. Please post the ordering
                                  >information and price again for those of us who missed it?
                                  >V/R
                                  >Larry P. Card
                                  >Franklinton NC

                                  >Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft Office
                                  >Live! http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/

                                  Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
                                • Don Avila
                                  Message 16 of 27 , May 7, 2007
                                    Bill's memorial car came today.

                                    Bill would be proud to see his name on this car. It is really nice
                                    from car to tho load to container box to printing to pad stamping to
                                    shipping.

                                    Thanks again Chad,
                                    ...don
                                  • starion20002001
                                    Message 17 of 27 , May 8, 2007
                                      My car came with yesterday's mail and it is beautiful!, as for the
                                      money, I say hold onto it for a few months and if SK does not need it
                                      then donate it all to the American Cancer Society as she wishes.

                                      --- JCP