Re: [Z_Scale] Bill's Commemorative Car Update 5/3/07

  • David George
    Message 1 of 27 , May 3 9:31 AM
      I would honor Sue's request.
      Dave
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Chadrick Morris
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:13 AM
      Subject: [Z_Scale] Bill's Commemorative Car Update 5/3/07

      Hello All,

      I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to Houston. All the materials are ready and the cars will start to be mailed out this weekend. Please be a little more patient and the orders will go out soon. I stopped cashing the checks until the plastic boxes arrived. The checks will be cashed this week. There are close to 36 orders so far. Rob Kluz has ordered one and will use it for a ad in the Z Track Magazine.

      A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last week and told her of the money already received from the sale of Bill's car and told her the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all of you this. Sue would like to donate the money to the American Cancer Society in Bill's name and wants your opinion, agree or disagree? Let me know how you feel. So far with 36 orders there is $1,080.00.

      For anyone new: Bill Kronenberger one of the founding Father's of Z-Bend Track Standard for modules in Z scale. Bill wrote the standards and developed the wiring harnesses for the modules. In his dedication to the hobby of model railroading in Z scale, we have a commemorative car available in his honor. The car is a two bay open hopper from Uncle Will Full Throttle. The coal load from Hay Brothers. The lettering on the cars by a local train club member with Bill K. 2007 on one side. Z-Bend Track on the other side of each car. Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from PennZee. The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which includes shipping and handling. If interested in a car, please send a check or money order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank you. Please read the excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines about Bill Kronenberger.

      Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones under my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring harnesses. But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and lot's of stuff going on all the time.

      Have a good day.

      Regards,
      Chad Bryan
      1407 Chantilly Ln
      Houston, TX 77018

    • non
      Message 2 of 27 , May 3 9:57 AM
        It's okay with me that the money goes to American Cancer Society.
        Aaron Poscovsky

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Hertel" <paulhertel@...> wrote:

        > As my wife is now a cancer survivor I am in agreement with Sue
        Kroneberger
        > to a point.
        > If she needs the money for bills....that is what it's for?
        >
        > I also wish to order a car. I don't care what it costs.
        >
        > Happy Z'ing
        > Paul
        > Berger Meister, Hertzberg.
        > Car A
        > MidweZt HaulerZ
        > Belleville, IL
        > www.midwezthaulerz.com <blocked::http://www.midwezthaulerz.com>
        >

        > _____

        Behalf Of
> [...]
        or money
        > order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank you. Please read the
        > excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines about Bill Kronenberger.
        >
        > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I have
        purchased
        > most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from Sue. I will
        pay her
        > with monthly payments with my own money. Is there anyone needing a
        wiring
        > harness? I can make a few up. I am also thinking of putting one on
        eBay and
        > see if it sells. I helped Bill and Sue make quite a few of them
        myself, plus
        > all the ones under my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track
        wiring
        > harnesses. But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and lot's of

      • Allan Miller
        Message 3 of 27 , May 3 1:58 PM
          Sue's wishes should be respected without reservation. None of us are
          in a position to make such a determination for her or on her behalf.

          That said, I must have missed the ordering info at some point. How
          much are the cars, and where should the payment be sent? That
          information needs to be repeated often, here and possibly elsewhere,
          including, of course, in Rob's Publication.

          Allan

        • John Duino
          Message 4 of 27 , May 3 2:11 PM
            I'd say it's up to her discretion. This is to help her and her family. If
            she feels that is best done by donating it, so be it.

            John
          • Rocco
            Message 5 of 27 , May 3 3:04 PM
              [snip]

              "The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which
              includes shipping and handling. If interested in a
              car, please send a check or money order to the below
              address to Chad Bryan. Thank you."

              [snip]

              "Chad Bryan
              1407 Chantilly Ln
              Houston, TX 77018"

              The contributions made by Chad, Uncle Will, Hay
              Brothers, Micro-Trains, PennZee, the guy who did the
              printing, and anyone else whose name I missed are
              outstanding. KUDOS to everyone of you.

              Chad, how many cars are there?

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Thomas Welsch
              Message 6 of 27 , May 3 3:50 PM
                I, for one, am happy to hear that there has been great progress on the
                commemorative cars. Thank you Chad and everyone else who helped see
                this project to it's successful completion. I look forward to receiving
                my first car.

                I believe that if Sue has determined that the money should be donated
                to the Cancer Society, we should honor her wishes. I also believe that
                this would be Bill's wish. (But what do I know)

                Thanks again Chad,
                Thom Welsch
              • dpstripe@aol.com
                Message 7 of 27 , May 3 4:46 PM
                  Chad,
                  I think this sounds like a great idea.
                  Dan S.

                  In a message dated 5/3/2007 9:14:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                  chadztrainz@... writes:

                  A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last week and
                  told her of the money already received from the sale of Bill's car and told her
                  the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all of you this. Sue would like to
                  donate the money to the American Cancer Society in Bill's name and wants your
                  opinion, agree or disagree? Let me know how you feel. So far with 36
                  orders there is $1,080.00.

                • Kez
                  Message 8 of 27 , May 3 7:33 PM
                    Chad,

                    Perhaps holding the money for a short time is a good idea, just in case, and
                    then Sue's wishes should be honored.

                    Everyone please get your orders in, and tell everyone you know that now is the
                    time.

                    Thanks for everything Chad.

                    Bryan Keyser

                    > I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to Houston.
                    All the materials <snip>
                  • Pacha
                    Message 9 of 27 , May 3 7:37 PM
                      Hello,
                      To whom and where do I submit a check to and for how much.
                      Thanks,
                      Pacha

                      --
                      Pacha Kaye
                      pkaye6@...

                    • Larry Card
                      Message 10 of 27 , May 3 7:58 PM
                        > >I am surprised the paucity of orders. How may cars are
                        > >available? For all the flurry of messages about
                        > >getting the car made and all the hard work and
                        > >donations put in by a few members, the response of the
                        > >z community has been something less than
                        > >heart-warming.

                        >You have just hit the nail on the head.......remember when lots of jabber
                        >was going on about the Geep undecorated? Not very many were initially
                        >purchased, which put Joe in a bad light with MTL and now we see another
                        >example of lots of talk and little action perhaps.

                        I didn't order a car because I'm an Nn3'er, not a Z scaler. If there are
                        cars left over, I would be glad to have one. Please post the ordering
                        information and price again for those of us who missed it?
                        V/R
                        Larry P. Card
                        Franklinton NC

                      • miked_r
                        Message 11 of 27 , May 3 8:02 PM
                          Although I have not ordered a car (yet!), I do think that Sue's wishes
                          should be followed and respected. I am sure if she needed the money,
                          she would not have even made such a suggestion. Besides, I believe the
                          original idea was to give the money to Bill's family. If this is the
                          way they choose to spend what is ultimately _their_ money, so be it;
                          it is not for us to say.

                          By her donating in honor of Bill, and helping treat and cure cancer
                          now and in the future, she perpetuates his memory always and in the
                          process, helps someone else-something we all know Bill would do himself.

                          Just my 2 cents, or $1.87 adjusted for inflation...

                          Michael

                          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> wrote:

                          > Hello All,
                          >
                          > I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to
                          Houston. All the materials are ready and the cars will start to be
                          mailed out this weekend. Please be a little more patient and the
                          orders will go out soon. I stopped cashing the checks until the
                          plastic boxes arrived. The checks will be cashed this week. There
                          are close to 36 orders so far. Rob Kluz has ordered one and will use
                          it for a ad in the Z Track Magazine.

                          > A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last
                          week and told her of the money already received from the sale of
                          Bill's car and told her the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all of
                          you this. Sue would like to donate the money to the American Cancer
                          Society in Bill's name and wants your opinion, agree or disagree? Let
                          me know how you feel. So far with 36 orders there is $1,080.00.

                          > For anyone new: Bill Kronenberger one of the founding Father's of
                          Z-Bend Track Standard for modules in Z scale. Bill wrote the
                          standards and developed the wiring harnesses for the modules. In his
                          dedication to the hobby of model railroading in Z scale, we have a
                          commemorative car available in his honor. The car is a two bay open
                          hopper from Uncle Will Full Throttle. The coal load from Hay
                          Brothers. The lettering on the cars by a local train club member with
                          Bill K. 2007 on one side. Z-Bend Track on the other side of each car.
                          Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from PennZee. The cars
                          are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which includes shipping and
                          handling. If interested in a car, please send a check or money order
                          to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank you. Please read the
                          excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines about Bill Kronenberger.

                          > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I
                          have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from
                          Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is
                          there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am
                          also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped
                          Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones under
                          my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring harnesses.
                          But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and lot's of stuff
                          going on all the time.

                          > Have a good day.
                          >
                          > Regards,
                          > Chad Bryan
                          > 1407 Chantilly Ln
                          > Houston, TX 77018

                        • Dave Hjortnaes
                          Message 12 of 27 , May 3 8:19 PM
                            The original intent was to give all funds raised directly to Sue,
                            and allow her to decide where it should go - NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
                            I think this idea should be followed through.

                            Every week or 2 weeks, give her whatever funds have been received.
                            I am sure she is mature enough to make an intelligent decision, and
                            would defer to her children if she has any doubts.

                            Secondly, I am sure the sale has gone slow because a lot of people
                            do not know about the car. Once Rob, thank you Rob, has a notice in
                            Z-track, I am sure things will pick up.

                            Thanks again to everyone who has put forth effort to make this
                            commemorative car a gift of love in Bill's honor.

                            Dave H.

                            wrote:

                            > Hello All,
                            >
                            > I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to
                            Houston. All the materials are ready and the cars will start to be
                            mailed out this weekend. Please be a little more patient and the
                            orders will go out soon. I stopped cashing the checks until the
                            plastic boxes arrived. The checks will be cashed this week. There
                            are close to 36 orders so far. Rob Kluz has ordered one and will
                            use it for a ad in the Z Track Magazine.

                            > A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last
                            week and told her of the money already received from the sale of
                            Bill's car and told her the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all
                            of you this. Sue would like to donate the money to the American
                            Cancer Society in Bill's name and wants your opinion, agree or
                            disagree? Let me know how you feel. So far with 36 orders there is
                            $1,080.00.

                            > For anyone new: Bill Kronenberger one of the founding Father's
                            of Z-Bend Track Standard for modules in Z scale. Bill wrote the
                            standards and developed the wiring harnesses for the modules. In
                            his dedication to the hobby of model railroading in Z scale, we have
                            a commemorative car available in his honor. The car is a two bay
                            open hopper from Uncle Will Full Throttle. The coal load from Hay
                            Brothers. The lettering on the cars by a local train club member
                            with Bill K. 2007 on one side. Z-Bend Track on the other side of
                            each car. Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from
                            PennZee. The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which
                            includes shipping and handling. If interested in a car, please send
                            a check or money order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank
                            you. Please read the excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines
                            about Bill Kronenberger.

                            > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I
                            have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from
                            Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is
                            there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am
                            also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped
                            Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones
                            under my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring
                            harnesses. But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and
                            lot's of stuff going on all the time.

                            > Have a good day.
                            >
                            > Regards,
                            > Chad Bryan
                            > 1407 Chantilly Ln
                            > Houston, TX 77018

                          • Ed Dalman
                            Message 13 of 27 , May 3 9:40 PM
                              Chad,
                              You are close to Sue and can help with her wishes. You may be right, that later she needs some of it. There are also two children to think about. I am too far away to help her, please do it for me.
                              Thanks again Chad,
                              Ed Dalman

                            • Ellen J Shelton
                              Message 14 of 27 , May 4 8:51 AM
                                Chad

                                As a person who has been there recently--I believe you should follow her
                                wishes. It probably is something she needs to do--for her emotional
                                health. The only reason not to follow those wishes is if she is in
                                serious financial trouble

                                Ellen
                                Indianapolis
                              • Rick Breitzman
                                Message 15 of 27 , May 4 5:01 PM
                                  I have been watching the chats for some time, and have learned a lot from so
                                  many of you. I have only contributed infrequently, but this topic is too
                                  important to let go without my few comments. I also want to thank all who
                                  have already contributed to this tribute to a wonderful Zer. I have one car
                                  on order, and would like to buy a second. I believe that the goal was to
                                  allow as many as possible buy one, as a tribute to Bills Contribution, and
                                  less about how much money could be raised for his family. I would expect
                                  that we could quickly sell them out by allowing people to buy two or maybe
                                  three (no dealers please). Maybe clubs would buy them for prizes or awards.
                                  In any case, let Sue and family decide how to use any money raised.

                                  When will the one car per person limit be re-considered?

                                  I cannot wait to see Bill's car rolling on my rails. And thanks to Chad for
                                  taking this all on. God bless.

                                  Happy Friday to you all,

                                  Rick Breitzman

                                  _____

                                  --- Allan Miller <almiller@vt. <mailto:almiller%40vt.edu> edu> wrote:

                                  > Sue's wishes should be respected without
                                  > reservation. None of us are
                                  > in a position to make such a determination for her
                                  > or on her behalf.
                                  >
                                  > That said, I must have missed the ordering info at
                                  > some point. How
                                  > much are the cars, and where should the payment be
                                  > sent? That
                                  > information needs to be repeated often, here and
                                  > possibly elsewhere,
                                  > including, of course, in Rob's Publication.
                                  >
                                  > Allan
                                  >

                                  > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> .com, "Paul
                                  Hertel"
                                  > <paulhertel@...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > As my wife is now a cancer survivor I am in
                                  > agreement with Sue
                                  > Kroneberger
                                  > > to a point.
                                  > > If she needs the money for bills....that is what
                                  > it's for?
                                  > >
                                  > > I also wish to order a car. I don't care what it
                                  > costs.
                                  > >
                                  > > Happy Z'ing
                                  > > Paul
                                  > > Berger Meister, Hertzberg.
                                  >
                                  > > Car A
                                  > > MidweZt HaulerZ
                                  > > Belleville, IL
                                  > > www.midwezthaulerz.com
                                  > <blocked::http://www.midwezth <http://www.midwezthaulerz.com> aulerz.com>
                                  > >

                                  > > _____
                                  > >
                                  > > From: z_scale@yahoogroups <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> .com

                                • Elizabeth Hayes
                                  Message 16 of 27 , May 5 3:36 PM
                                    In case it hasn`t occured to anyone, you can donate money in Bill`s name to
                                    the American Cancer Society at any time without buying a car or two cars or
                                    however many or you can do both send $30 for a car and another $30
                                    directly to your local office of the ACS in Bill`s name.

> [...]
                                    >each car. Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from
                                    >PennZee. The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which
                                    >includes shipping and handling. If interested in a car, please send
                                    >a check or money order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank
                                    >you. Please read the excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines
                                    >about Bill Kronenberger.
                                    > >
                                    > > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I
                                    >have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from
                                    >Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is
                                    >there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am
                                    >also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped
                                    >Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones
                                    >under my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring
                                    >harnesses. But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and

                                    Watch free concerts with Pink, Rod Stewart, Oasis and more.� Visit MSN In
                                    Concert today. http://music.msn.com/presents?icid=ncmsnpresentstagline
                                  • Elizabeth Hayes
                                    Message 17 of 27 , May 5 3:41 PM
                                      didn`t Uncle Will say that there were around 250 cars in the original run ?
                                      after the first group of cars get shipped ( I haven`t received mine yet) and
                                      people see that they are out there then the orders should pick up and then
                                      lift the order limit. Are dealers going to be allowed to stock them? maybe
                                      people who don`t read this forum and only buy from the mail order dealers
                                      have no other way to buy a car??
                                      >From: "Larry Card" <lpcard@...>
                                      >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
                                      >Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Bill's Commemorative Car Update 5/3/07
                                      >Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 22:58:19 -0400
                                      >
                                      > > >I am surprised the paucity of orders. How may cars are
                                      > > >available? For all the flurry of messages about
                                      > > >getting the car made and all the hard work and
                                      > > >donations put in by a few members, the response of the
                                      > > >z community has been something less than
                                      > > >heart-warming.
                                      >
                                      > >You have just hit the nail on the head.......remember when lots of jabber
                                      > >was going on about the Geep undecorated? Not very many were initially
                                      > >purchased, which put Joe in a bad light with MTL and now we see another
                                      > >example of lots of talk and little action perhaps.
                                      >
                                      >I didn't order a car because I'm an Nn3'er, not a Z scaler. If there are
                                      >cars left over, I would be glad to have one. Please post the ordering
                                      >information and price again for those of us who missed it?
                                      >V/R
                                      >Larry P. Card
                                      >Franklinton NC

                                      >Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft Office
                                      >Live! http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/

                                      Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
                                    • Don Avila
                                      Message 18 of 27 , May 7 1:15 PM
                                        Bill's memorial car came today.

                                        Bill would be proud to see his name on this car. It is really nice
                                        from car to tho load to container box to printing to pad stamping to
                                        shipping.

                                        Thanks again Chad,
                                        ...don
                                      • starion20002001
                                        Message 19 of 27 , May 8 6:25 AM
                                          My car came with yesterday's mail and it is beautiful!, as for the
                                          money, I say hold onto it for a few months and if SK does not need it
                                          then donate it all to the American Cancer Society as she wishes.

                                          --- JCP