Bill's Commemorative Car Update 5/3/07

  • Chadrick Morris
    Message 1 of 27 , May 3 6:13 AM
      Hello All,

      I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to Houston. All the materials are ready and the cars will start to be mailed out this weekend. Please be a little more patient and the orders will go out soon. I stopped cashing the checks until the plastic boxes arrived. The checks will be cashed this week. There are close to 36 orders so far. Rob Kluz has ordered one and will use it for a ad in the Z Track Magazine.

      A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last week and told her of the money already received from the sale of Bill's car and told her the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all of you this. Sue would like to donate the money to the American Cancer Society in Bill's name and wants your opinion, agree or disagree? Let me know how you feel. So far with 36 orders there is $1,080.00.

      For anyone new: Bill Kronenberger one of the founding Father's of Z-Bend Track Standard for modules in Z scale. Bill wrote the standards and developed the wiring harnesses for the modules. In his dedication to the hobby of model railroading in Z scale, we have a commemorative car available in his honor. The car is a two bay open hopper from Uncle Will Full Throttle. The coal load from Hay Brothers. The lettering on the cars by a local train club member with Bill K. 2007 on one side. Z-Bend Track on the other side of each car. Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from PennZee. The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which includes shipping and handling. If interested in a car, please send a check or money order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank you. Please read the excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines about Bill Kronenberger.

      Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones under my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring harnesses. But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and lot's of stuff going on all the time.

      Have a good day.

      Regards,
      Chad Bryan
      1407 Chantilly Ln
      Houston, TX 77018

    • Don Avila
      Message 2 of 27 , May 3 6:27 AM
        I would defer to Bill's wife PROVIDED she really does not need the
        money. Only someone such as you who knows her can answer that
        question. Maybe you have to overpay her for the items you bought.
        Possibly she won't know just how much you owe her on down the road of
        monthly payments - which I really thought was the orignal intent.
        Today she says give to the Cancer Society, but a few months from now
        she is going to have some unanticipated bills. If anyone wants to
        make a donation to the Cancer Society, they can do that directly.

        ...don

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to
        Houston. All the materials are ready and the cars will start to be
        mailed out this weekend. Please be a little more patient and the
        orders will go out soon. I stopped cashing the checks until the
        plastic boxes arrived. The checks will be cashed this week. There
        are close to 36 orders so far. Rob Kluz has ordered one and will use
        it for a ad in the Z Track Magazine.

        > A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last
        week and told her of the money already received from the sale of
        Bill's car and told her the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all of
        you this. Sue would like to donate the money to the American Cancer
        Society in Bill's name and wants your opinion, agree or disagree? Let
        me know how you feel. So far with 36 orders there is $1,080.00.

        > For anyone new: Bill Kronenberger one of the founding Father's of
        Z-Bend Track Standard for modules in Z scale. Bill wrote the
        standards and developed the wiring harnesses for the modules. In his
        dedication to the hobby of model railroading in Z scale, we have a
        commemorative car available in his honor. The car is a two bay open
        hopper from Uncle Will Full Throttle. The coal load from Hay
        Brothers. The lettering on the cars by a local train club member with
        Bill K. 2007 on one side. Z-Bend Track on the other side of each car.
        Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from PennZee. The cars
        are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which includes shipping and
        handling. If interested in a car, please send a check or money order
        to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank you. Please read the
        excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines about Bill Kronenberger.

        > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I
        have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from
        Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is
        there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am
        also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped
        Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones under
        my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring harnesses.
        But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and lot's of stuff
        going on all the time.

        > Have a good day.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Chad Bryan
        > 1407 Chantilly Ln
        > Houston, TX 77018

      • Paul Hertel
        Message 3 of 27 , May 3 8:09 AM
          As my wife is now a cancer survivor I am in agreement with Sue Kroneberger
          to a point.
          If she needs the money for bills....that is what it's for?

          I also wish to order a car. I don't care what it costs.

          Happy Z'ing
          Paul
          Berger Meister, Hertzberg.
          Car A
          MidweZt HaulerZ
          Belleville, IL
          www.midwezthaulerz.com <blocked::http://www.midwezthaulerz.com>

          _____

          Message 4 of 27 , May 3 9:27 AM
            I, for one, don't care that much one way or the other
            about the donation issue. It seems appropriate to do
            what SK wants. As for my order, Chad has my proxy and
            he can decide what is right.

            I am surprised the paucity of orders. How may cars are
            available? For all the flurry of messages about
            getting the car made and all the hard work and
            donations put in by a few members, the response of the
            z community has been something less than
            heart-warming.

            I know that some members of this list, including
            myself, want more than 1 car. The upside of the poor
            response is that we should be able to get several more
            cars.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Rocco
            Message 5 of 27 , May 3 9:29 AM
              Forcing money on someone isn't exactly a tactful thing
              to do. That said, if Chad thinks the money should be
              held for awhile (1-6 months) to see if Bill's wife
              changes her mind, that's fine with me. Other people's
              mileage may differ.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • David George
              Message 6 of 27 , May 3 9:31 AM
                I would honor Sue's request.
                Dave

                Message 7 of 27 , May 3 9:45 AM
                  >I am surprised the paucity of orders. How may cars are
                  >available? For all the flurry of messages about
                  >getting the car made and all the hard work and
                  >donations put in by a few members, the response of the
                  >z community has been something less than
                  >heart-warming.

                  >I know that some members of this list, including
                  >myself, want more than 1 car. The upside of the poor
                  >response is that we should be able to get several more
                  >cars.

                  You have just hit the nail on the head.......remember when lots of jabber
                  was going on about the Geep undecorated? Not very many were initially
                  purchased, which put Joe in a bad light with MTL and now we see another
                  example of lots of talk and little action perhaps.

                  I have been lazy and pre occupied myself, but do intend to send my order to
                  Chad this weekend.

                  The initial excitement and then slow response is characteristic I think and
                  maybe we are all guilty of it at one time or another.
                  Time for us all to step up to the plate and follow through.

                  Thanks for the reminder.

                • non
                  Message 8 of 27 , May 3 9:57 AM
                    It's okay with me that the money goes to American Cancer Society.
                    Aaron Poscovsky

                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Hertel" <paulhertel@...> wrote:

                    > As my wife is now a cancer survivor I am in agreement with Sue
                    Kroneberger
                    > to a point.
                    > If she needs the money for bills....that is what it's for?
                    >
                    > I also wish to order a car. I don't care what it costs.
                    >
                    > Happy Z'ing
                    > Paul
                    > Berger Meister, Hertzberg.
                    > Car A
                    > MidweZt HaulerZ
                    > Belleville, IL
                    > www.midwezthaulerz.com <blocked::http://www.midwezthaulerz.com>
                    >

                    > _____

                    Behalf Of
> [...]
                    or money
                    > order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank you. Please read the
                    > excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines about Bill Kronenberger.
                    >
                    > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I have
                    purchased
                    > most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from Sue. I will
                    pay her
                    > with monthly payments with my own money. Is there anyone needing a
                    wiring
                    > harness? I can make a few up. I am also thinking of putting one on
                    eBay and
                    > see if it sells. I helped Bill and Sue make quite a few of them
                    myself, plus
                    > all the ones under my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track
                    wiring
                    > harnesses. But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and lot's of

                  • Allan Miller
                    Message 9 of 27 , May 3 1:58 PM
                      Sue's wishes should be respected without reservation. None of us are
                      in a position to make such a determination for her or on her behalf.

                      That said, I must have missed the ordering info at some point. How
                      much are the cars, and where should the payment be sent? That
                      information needs to be repeated often, here and possibly elsewhere,
                      including, of course, in Rob's Publication.

                      Allan

                    • John Duino
                      Message 10 of 27 , May 3 2:11 PM
                        I'd say it's up to her discretion. This is to help her and her family. If
                        she feels that is best done by donating it, so be it.

                        John
                      • Rocco
                        Message 11 of 27 , May 3 3:04 PM
                          [snip]

                          "The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which
                          includes shipping and handling. If interested in a
                          car, please send a check or money order to the below
                          address to Chad Bryan. Thank you."

                          [snip]

                          "Chad Bryan
                          1407 Chantilly Ln
                          Houston, TX 77018"

                          The contributions made by Chad, Uncle Will, Hay
                          Brothers, Micro-Trains, PennZee, the guy who did the
                          printing, and anyone else whose name I missed are
                          outstanding. KUDOS to everyone of you.

                          Chad, how many cars are there?

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • Thomas Welsch
                          Message 12 of 27 , May 3 3:50 PM
                            I, for one, am happy to hear that there has been great progress on the
                            commemorative cars. Thank you Chad and everyone else who helped see
                            this project to it's successful completion. I look forward to receiving
                            my first car.

                            I believe that if Sue has determined that the money should be donated
                            to the Cancer Society, we should honor her wishes. I also believe that
                            this would be Bill's wish. (But what do I know)

                            Thanks again Chad,
                            Thom Welsch
                          • dpstripe@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 27 , May 3 4:46 PM
                              Chad,
                              I think this sounds like a great idea.
                              Dan S.

                              In a message dated 5/3/2007 9:14:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                              chadztrainz@... writes:

                              A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last week and
                              told her of the money already received from the sale of Bill's car and told her
                              the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all of you this. Sue would like to
                              donate the money to the American Cancer Society in Bill's name and wants your
                              opinion, agree or disagree? Let me know how you feel. So far with 36
                              orders there is $1,080.00.

                            • Kez
                              Message 14 of 27 , May 3 7:33 PM
                                Chad,

                                Perhaps holding the money for a short time is a good idea, just in case, and
                                then Sue's wishes should be honored.

                                Everyone please get your orders in, and tell everyone you know that now is the
                                time.

                                Thanks for everything Chad.

                                Bryan Keyser

                                > I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to Houston.
                                All the materials <snip>
                              • Pacha
                                Message 15 of 27 , May 3 7:37 PM
                                  Hello,
                                  To whom and where do I submit a check to and for how much.
                                  Thanks,
                                  Pacha

                                  --
                                  Pacha Kaye
                                  pkaye6@...

                                • Larry Card
                                  Message 16 of 27 , May 3 7:58 PM
                                    > >I am surprised the paucity of orders. How may cars are
                                    > >available? For all the flurry of messages about
                                    > >getting the car made and all the hard work and
                                    > >donations put in by a few members, the response of the
                                    > >z community has been something less than
                                    > >heart-warming.

                                    >You have just hit the nail on the head.......remember when lots of jabber
                                    >was going on about the Geep undecorated? Not very many were initially
                                    >purchased, which put Joe in a bad light with MTL and now we see another
                                    >example of lots of talk and little action perhaps.

                                    I didn't order a car because I'm an Nn3'er, not a Z scaler. If there are
                                    cars left over, I would be glad to have one. Please post the ordering
                                    information and price again for those of us who missed it?
                                    V/R
                                    Larry P. Card
                                    Franklinton NC

                                  • miked_r
                                    Message 17 of 27 , May 3 8:02 PM
                                      Although I have not ordered a car (yet!), I do think that Sue's wishes
                                      should be followed and respected. I am sure if she needed the money,
                                      she would not have even made such a suggestion. Besides, I believe the
                                      original idea was to give the money to Bill's family. If this is the
                                      way they choose to spend what is ultimately _their_ money, so be it;
                                      it is not for us to say.

                                      By her donating in honor of Bill, and helping treat and cure cancer
                                      now and in the future, she perpetuates his memory always and in the
                                      process, helps someone else-something we all know Bill would do himself.

                                      Just my 2 cents, or $1.87 adjusted for inflation...

                                      Michael

                                    • Dave Hjortnaes
                                      Message 18 of 27 , May 3 8:19 PM
                                        The original intent was to give all funds raised directly to Sue,
                                        and allow her to decide where it should go - NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
                                        I think this idea should be followed through.

                                        Every week or 2 weeks, give her whatever funds have been received.
                                        I am sure she is mature enough to make an intelligent decision, and
                                        would defer to her children if she has any doubts.

                                        Secondly, I am sure the sale has gone slow because a lot of people
                                        do not know about the car. Once Rob, thank you Rob, has a notice in
                                        Z-track, I am sure things will pick up.

                                        Thanks again to everyone who has put forth effort to make this
                                        commemorative car a gift of love in Bill's honor.

                                        Dave H.

                                        wrote:

                                        > Hello All,
                                        >
                                        > I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to
                                        Houston. All the materials are ready and the cars will start to be
                                        mailed out this weekend. Please be a little more patient and the
                                        orders will go out soon. I stopped cashing the checks until the
                                        plastic boxes arrived. The checks will be cashed this week. There
                                        are close to 36 orders so far. Rob Kluz has ordered one and will
                                        use it for a ad in the Z Track Magazine.

                                        > A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last
                                        week and told her of the money already received from the sale of
                                        Bill's car and told her the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all
                                        of you this. Sue would like to donate the money to the American
                                        Cancer Society in Bill's name and wants your opinion, agree or
                                        disagree? Let me know how you feel. So far with 36 orders there is
                                        $1,080.00.

                                        > For anyone new: Bill Kronenberger one of the founding Father's
                                        of Z-Bend Track Standard for modules in Z scale. Bill wrote the
                                        standards and developed the wiring harnesses for the modules. In
                                        his dedication to the hobby of model railroading in Z scale, we have
                                        a commemorative car available in his honor. The car is a two bay
                                        open hopper from Uncle Will Full Throttle. The coal load from Hay
                                        Brothers. The lettering on the cars by a local train club member
                                        with Bill K. 2007 on one side. Z-Bend Track on the other side of
                                        each car. Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from
                                        PennZee. The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which
                                        includes shipping and handling. If interested in a car, please send
                                        a check or money order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank
                                        you. Please read the excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines
                                        about Bill Kronenberger.

                                        > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I
                                        have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from
                                        Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is
                                        there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am
                                        also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped
                                        Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones
                                        under my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring
                                        harnesses. But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and
                                        lot's of stuff going on all the time.

                                        > Have a good day.
                                        >
                                        > Regards,
                                        > Chad Bryan
                                        > 1407 Chantilly Ln
                                        > Houston, TX 77018

                                      • Ed Dalman
                                        Message 19 of 27 , May 3 9:40 PM
                                          Chad,
                                          You are close to Sue and can help with her wishes. You may be right, that later she needs some of it. There are also two children to think about. I am too far away to help her, please do it for me.
                                          Thanks again Chad,
                                          Ed Dalman

                                        • Ellen J Shelton
                                          Message 20 of 27 , May 4 8:51 AM
                                            Chad

                                            As a person who has been there recently--I believe you should follow her
                                            wishes. It probably is something she needs to do--for her emotional
                                            health. The only reason not to follow those wishes is if she is in
                                            serious financial trouble

                                            Ellen
                                            Indianapolis
                                          • Rick Breitzman
                                            Message 21 of 27 , May 4 5:01 PM
                                              I have been watching the chats for some time, and have learned a lot from so
                                              many of you. I have only contributed infrequently, but this topic is too
                                              important to let go without my few comments. I also want to thank all who
                                              have already contributed to this tribute to a wonderful Zer. I have one car
                                              on order, and would like to buy a second. I believe that the goal was to
                                              allow as many as possible buy one, as a tribute to Bills Contribution, and
                                              less about how much money could be raised for his family. I would expect
                                              that we could quickly sell them out by allowing people to buy two or maybe
                                              three (no dealers please). Maybe clubs would buy them for prizes or awards.
                                              In any case, let Sue and family decide how to use any money raised.

                                              When will the one car per person limit be re-considered?

                                              I cannot wait to see Bill's car rolling on my rails. And thanks to Chad for
                                              taking this all on. God bless.

                                              Happy Friday to you all,

                                              Rick Breitzman

                                              _____

                                              --- Allan Miller <almiller@vt. <mailto:almiller%40vt.edu> edu> wrote:

                                              > Sue's wishes should be respected without
                                              > reservation. None of us are
                                              > in a position to make such a determination for her
                                              > or on her behalf.
                                              >
                                              > That said, I must have missed the ordering info at
                                              > some point. How
                                              > much are the cars, and where should the payment be
                                              > sent? That
                                              > information needs to be repeated often, here and
                                              > possibly elsewhere,
                                              > including, of course, in Rob's Publication.
                                              >
                                              > Allan
                                              >

                                              > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> .com, "Paul
                                              Hertel"
                                              > <paulhertel@...> wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > > As my wife is now a cancer survivor I am in
                                              > agreement with Sue
                                              > Kroneberger
                                              > > to a point.
                                              > > If she needs the money for bills....that is what
                                              > it's for?
                                              > >
                                              > > I also wish to order a car. I don't care what it
                                              > costs.
                                              > >
                                              > > Happy Z'ing
                                              > > Paul
                                              > > Berger Meister, Hertzberg.
                                              >
                                              > > Car A
                                              > > MidweZt HaulerZ
                                              > > Belleville, IL
                                              > > www.midwezthaulerz.com
                                              > <blocked::http://www.midwezth <http://www.midwezthaulerz.com> aulerz.com>
                                              > >

                                              > > _____
                                              > >
                                              > > From: z_scale@yahoogroups <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> .com

                                            • Elizabeth Hayes
                                              Message 22 of 27 , May 5 3:36 PM
                                                In case it hasn`t occured to anyone, you can donate money in Bill`s name to
                                                the American Cancer Society at any time without buying a car or two cars or
                                                however many or you can do both send $30 for a car and another $30
                                                directly to your local office of the ACS in Bill`s name.

> [...]
                                                >each car. Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from
                                                >PennZee. The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which
                                                >includes shipping and handling. If interested in a car, please send
                                                >a check or money order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank
                                                >you. Please read the excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines
                                                >about Bill Kronenberger.
                                                > >
                                                > > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I
                                                >have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from
                                                >Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is
                                                >there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am
                                                >also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped
                                                >Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones
                                                >under my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring
                                                >harnesses. But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and

                                                Watch free concerts with Pink, Rod Stewart, Oasis and more.� Visit MSN In
                                                Concert today. http://music.msn.com/presents?icid=ncmsnpresentstagline
                                              • Elizabeth Hayes
                                                Message 23 of 27 , May 5 3:41 PM
                                                  didn`t Uncle Will say that there were around 250 cars in the original run ?
                                                  after the first group of cars get shipped ( I haven`t received mine yet) and
                                                  people see that they are out there then the orders should pick up and then
                                                  lift the order limit. Are dealers going to be allowed to stock them? maybe
                                                  people who don`t read this forum and only buy from the mail order dealers
                                                  have no other way to buy a car??
                                                  >From: "Larry Card" <lpcard@...>
                                                  >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
                                                  >Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Bill's Commemorative Car Update 5/3/07
                                                  >Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 22:58:19 -0400
                                                  >
                                                  > > >I am surprised the paucity of orders. How may cars are
                                                  > > >available? For all the flurry of messages about
                                                  > > >getting the car made and all the hard work and
                                                  > > >donations put in by a few members, the response of the
                                                  > > >z community has been something less than
                                                  > > >heart-warming.
                                                  >
                                                  > >You have just hit the nail on the head.......remember when lots of jabber
                                                  > >was going on about the Geep undecorated? Not very many were initially
                                                  > >purchased, which put Joe in a bad light with MTL and now we see another
                                                  > >example of lots of talk and little action perhaps.
                                                  >
                                                  >I didn't order a car because I'm an Nn3'er, not a Z scaler. If there are
                                                  >cars left over, I would be glad to have one. Please post the ordering
                                                  >information and price again for those of us who missed it?
                                                  >V/R
                                                  >Larry P. Card
                                                  >Franklinton NC

                                                  >Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft Office
                                                  >Live! http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/

                                                  Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
                                                • Don Avila
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , May 7 1:15 PM
                                                    Bill's memorial car came today.

                                                    Bill would be proud to see his name on this car. It is really nice
                                                    from car to tho load to container box to printing to pad stamping to
                                                    shipping.

                                                    Thanks again Chad,
                                                    ...don
                                                  • starion20002001
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , May 8 6:25 AM
                                                      My car came with yesterday's mail and it is beautiful!, as for the
                                                      money, I say hold onto it for a few months and if SK does not need it
                                                      then donate it all to the American Cancer Society as she wishes.

                                                      --- JCP