Re: [Z_Scale] Zscaleinfo.com

  • Aaron Poscovsky
    Message 1 of 27 , May 2, 2007
      Thank you.

      --- Larry Donsbach <ldonsbach@...> wrote:

      > www.ztrainstation.com and zscalemodeltrains.com have
      > been added to the
      > site.
      >
      > If you have not been to zscaleinfo.com or havn't
      > been there is awhile,
      > you might want to visit and see what all is new.
      >
      > I am still looking for pictures of layouts that I
      > can add to the
      > gallery page. I will hate to add only thos pictures
      > that I have taken
      > or those pictures that I will have to borrow for
      > other sites.
      >
      > Send your pictures to trainmaster@....
      >
      > Larry Donsbach
      > San Antonio, TX
      > www.zscaleinfo.com

      Aaron Poscovsky
      AJ Model Trains
      10910 Old Katy Road
      Houston, Texas 77043
      713-467-9075
      Your Z and N Scale Supplier

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Chadrick Morris
      Message 2 of 27 , May 3, 2007
        Hello All,

        I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to Houston. All the materials are ready and the cars will start to be mailed out this weekend. Please be a little more patient and the orders will go out soon. I stopped cashing the checks until the plastic boxes arrived. The checks will be cashed this week. There are close to 36 orders so far. Rob Kluz has ordered one and will use it for a ad in the Z Track Magazine.

        A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last week and told her of the money already received from the sale of Bill's car and told her the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all of you this. Sue would like to donate the money to the American Cancer Society in Bill's name and wants your opinion, agree or disagree? Let me know how you feel. So far with 36 orders there is $1,080.00.

        For anyone new: Bill Kronenberger one of the founding Father's of Z-Bend Track Standard for modules in Z scale. Bill wrote the standards and developed the wiring harnesses for the modules. In his dedication to the hobby of model railroading in Z scale, we have a commemorative car available in his honor. The car is a two bay open hopper from Uncle Will Full Throttle. The coal load from Hay Brothers. The lettering on the cars by a local train club member with Bill K. 2007 on one side. Z-Bend Track on the other side of each car. Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from PennZee. The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which includes shipping and handling. If interested in a car, please send a check or money order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank you. Please read the excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines about Bill Kronenberger.

        Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones under my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring harnesses. But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and lot's of stuff going on all the time.

        Have a good day.

        Regards,
        Chad Bryan
        1407 Chantilly Ln
        Houston, TX 77018

      • Don Avila
        Message 3 of 27 , May 3, 2007
          I would defer to Bill's wife PROVIDED she really does not need the
          money. Only someone such as you who knows her can answer that
          question. Maybe you have to overpay her for the items you bought.
          Possibly she won't know just how much you owe her on down the road of
          monthly payments - which I really thought was the orignal intent.
          Today she says give to the Cancer Society, but a few months from now
          she is going to have some unanticipated bills. If anyone wants to
          make a donation to the Cancer Society, they can do that directly.

          ...don

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...> wrote:

          > Hello All,
          >
          > I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to
          Houston. All the materials are ready and the cars will start to be
          mailed out this weekend. Please be a little more patient and the
          orders will go out soon. I stopped cashing the checks until the
          plastic boxes arrived. The checks will be cashed this week. There
          are close to 36 orders so far. Rob Kluz has ordered one and will use
          it for a ad in the Z Track Magazine.

          > A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last
          week and told her of the money already received from the sale of
          Bill's car and told her the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all of
          you this. Sue would like to donate the money to the American Cancer
          Society in Bill's name and wants your opinion, agree or disagree? Let
          me know how you feel. So far with 36 orders there is $1,080.00.

          > For anyone new: Bill Kronenberger one of the founding Father's of
          Z-Bend Track Standard for modules in Z scale. Bill wrote the
          standards and developed the wiring harnesses for the modules. In his
          dedication to the hobby of model railroading in Z scale, we have a
          commemorative car available in his honor. The car is a two bay open
          hopper from Uncle Will Full Throttle. The coal load from Hay
          Brothers. The lettering on the cars by a local train club member with
          Bill K. 2007 on one side. Z-Bend Track on the other side of each car.
          Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from PennZee. The cars
          are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which includes shipping and
          handling. If interested in a car, please send a check or money order
          to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank you. Please read the
          excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines about Bill Kronenberger.

          > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I
          have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from
          Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is
          there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am
          also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped
          Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones under
          my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring harnesses.
          But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and lot's of stuff
          going on all the time.

          > Have a good day.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Chad Bryan
          > 1407 Chantilly Ln
          > Houston, TX 77018

        • Paul Hertel
          Message 4 of 27 , May 3, 2007
            As my wife is now a cancer survivor I am in agreement with Sue Kroneberger
            to a point.
            If she needs the money for bills....that is what it's for?

            I also wish to order a car. I don't care what it costs.

            Happy Z'ing
            Paul
            Berger Meister, Hertzberg.
            Car A
            MidweZt HaulerZ
            Belleville, IL
            www.midwezthaulerz.com <blocked::http://www.midwezthaulerz.com>

            _____

            Message 5 of 27 , May 3, 2007
              I, for one, don't care that much one way or the other
              about the donation issue. It seems appropriate to do
              what SK wants. As for my order, Chad has my proxy and
              he can decide what is right.

              I am surprised the paucity of orders. How may cars are
              available? For all the flurry of messages about
              getting the car made and all the hard work and
              donations put in by a few members, the response of the
              z community has been something less than
              heart-warming.

              I know that some members of this list, including
              myself, want more than 1 car. The upside of the poor
              response is that we should be able to get several more
              cars.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Rocco
              Message 6 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                Forcing money on someone isn't exactly a tactful thing
                to do. That said, if Chad thinks the money should be
                held for awhile (1-6 months) to see if Bill's wife
                changes her mind, that's fine with me. Other people's
                mileage may differ.

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • David George

                  Message 8 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                    >I am surprised the paucity of orders. How may cars are
                    >available? For all the flurry of messages about
                    >getting the car made and all the hard work and
                    >donations put in by a few members, the response of the
                    >z community has been something less than
                    >heart-warming.

                    >I know that some members of this list, including
                    >myself, want more than 1 car. The upside of the poor
                    >response is that we should be able to get several more
                    >cars.

                    You have just hit the nail on the head.......remember when lots of jabber
                    was going on about the Geep undecorated? Not very many were initially
                    purchased, which put Joe in a bad light with MTL and now we see another
                    example of lots of talk and little action perhaps.

                    I have been lazy and pre occupied myself, but do intend to send my order to
                    Chad this weekend.

                    The initial excitement and then slow response is characteristic I think and
                    maybe we are all guilty of it at one time or another.
                    Time for us all to step up to the plate and follow through.

                    Thanks for the reminder.

                  • non
                    Message 9 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                      It's okay with me that the money goes to American Cancer Society.
                      Aaron Poscovsky

                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Hertel" <paulhertel@...> wrote:

                      > As my wife is now a cancer survivor I am in agreement with Sue
                      Kroneberger
                      > to a point.
                      > If she needs the money for bills....that is what it's for?
                      >
                      > I also wish to order a car. I don't care what it costs.
                      >
                      > Happy Z'ing
                      > Paul
                      > Berger Meister, Hertzberg.
                      > Car A
                      > MidweZt HaulerZ
                      > Belleville, IL
                      > www.midwezthaulerz.com <blocked::http://www.midwezthaulerz.com>
                      >

                      > _____

                      Behalf Of
> [...]
                      or money
                      > order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank you. Please read the
                      > excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines about Bill Kronenberger.
                      >
                      > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I have
                      purchased
                      > most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from Sue. I will
                      pay her
                      > with monthly payments with my own money. Is there anyone needing a
                      wiring
                      > harness? I can make a few up. I am also thinking of putting one on
                      eBay and
                      > see if it sells. I helped Bill and Sue make quite a few of them
                      myself, plus
                      > all the ones under my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track
                      wiring
                      > harnesses. But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and lot's of

                    • Allan Miller
                      Message 10 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                        Sue's wishes should be respected without reservation. None of us are
                        in a position to make such a determination for her or on her behalf.

                        That said, I must have missed the ordering info at some point. How
                        much are the cars, and where should the payment be sent? That
                        information needs to be repeated often, here and possibly elsewhere,
                        including, of course, in Rob's Publication.

                        Allan

                      • John Duino
                        Message 11 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                          I'd say it's up to her discretion. This is to help her and her family. If
                          she feels that is best done by donating it, so be it.

                          John
                        • Rocco
                          Message 12 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                            [snip]

                            "The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which
                            includes shipping and handling. If interested in a
                            car, please send a check or money order to the below
                            address to Chad Bryan. Thank you."

                            [snip]

                            "Chad Bryan
                            1407 Chantilly Ln
                            Houston, TX 77018"

                            The contributions made by Chad, Uncle Will, Hay
                            Brothers, Micro-Trains, PennZee, the guy who did the
                            printing, and anyone else whose name I missed are
                            outstanding. KUDOS to everyone of you.

                            Chad, how many cars are there?

                            http://mail.yahoo.com
                          • Thomas Welsch
                            Message 13 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                              I, for one, am happy to hear that there has been great progress on the
                              commemorative cars. Thank you Chad and everyone else who helped see
                              this project to it's successful completion. I look forward to receiving
                              my first car.

                              I believe that if Sue has determined that the money should be donated
                              to the Cancer Society, we should honor her wishes. I also believe that
                              this would be Bill's wish. (But what do I know)

                              Thanks again Chad,
                              Thom Welsch
                            • dpstripe@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                                Chad,
                                I think this sounds like a great idea.
                                Dan S.

                                In a message dated 5/3/2007 9:14:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                                chadztrainz@... writes:

                                A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last week and
                                told her of the money already received from the sale of Bill's car and told her
                                the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all of you this. Sue would like to
                                donate the money to the American Cancer Society in Bill's name and wants your
                                opinion, agree or disagree? Let me know how you feel. So far with 36
                                orders there is $1,080.00.

                              • Kez
                                Message 15 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                                  Chad,

                                  Perhaps holding the money for a short time is a good idea, just in case, and
                                  then Sue's wishes should be honored.

                                  Everyone please get your orders in, and tell everyone you know that now is the
                                  time.

                                  Thanks for everything Chad.

                                  Bryan Keyser

                                  > I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to Houston.
                                  All the materials <snip>
                                • Pacha
                                  Message 16 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                                    Hello,
                                    To whom and where do I submit a check to and for how much.
                                    Thanks,
                                    Pacha

                                    --
                                    Pacha Kaye
                                    pkaye6@...

                                  • Larry Card
                                    Message 17 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                                      > >I am surprised the paucity of orders. How may cars are
                                      > >available? For all the flurry of messages about
                                      > >getting the car made and all the hard work and
                                      > >donations put in by a few members, the response of the
                                      > >z community has been something less than
                                      > >heart-warming.

                                      >You have just hit the nail on the head.......remember when lots of jabber
                                      >was going on about the Geep undecorated? Not very many were initially
                                      >purchased, which put Joe in a bad light with MTL and now we see another
                                      >example of lots of talk and little action perhaps.

                                      I didn't order a car because I'm an Nn3'er, not a Z scaler. If there are
                                      cars left over, I would be glad to have one. Please post the ordering
                                      information and price again for those of us who missed it?
                                      V/R
                                      Larry P. Card
                                      Franklinton NC

                                    • miked_r
                                      Message 18 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                                        Although I have not ordered a car (yet!), I do think that Sue's wishes
                                        should be followed and respected. I am sure if she needed the money,
                                        she would not have even made such a suggestion. Besides, I believe the
                                        original idea was to give the money to Bill's family. If this is the
                                        way they choose to spend what is ultimately _their_ money, so be it;
                                        it is not for us to say.

                                        By her donating in honor of Bill, and helping treat and cure cancer
                                        now and in the future, she perpetuates his memory always and in the
                                        process, helps someone else-something we all know Bill would do himself.

                                        Just my 2 cents, or $1.87 adjusted for inflation...

                                        Michael

                                      • Dave Hjortnaes
                                        Message 19 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                                          The original intent was to give all funds raised directly to Sue,
                                          and allow her to decide where it should go - NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
                                          I think this idea should be followed through.

                                          Every week or 2 weeks, give her whatever funds have been received.
                                          I am sure she is mature enough to make an intelligent decision, and
                                          would defer to her children if she has any doubts.

                                          Secondly, I am sure the sale has gone slow because a lot of people
                                          do not know about the car. Once Rob, thank you Rob, has a notice in
                                          Z-track, I am sure things will pick up.

                                          Thanks again to everyone who has put forth effort to make this
                                          commemorative car a gift of love in Bill's honor.

                                          Dave H.

                                          wrote:

                                          > Hello All,
                                          >
                                          > I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to
                                          Houston. All the materials are ready and the cars will start to be
                                          mailed out this weekend. Please be a little more patient and the
                                          orders will go out soon. I stopped cashing the checks until the
                                          plastic boxes arrived. The checks will be cashed this week. There
                                          are close to 36 orders so far. Rob Kluz has ordered one and will
                                          use it for a ad in the Z Track Magazine.

                                          > A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last
                                          week and told her of the money already received from the sale of
                                          Bill's car and told her the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all
                                          of you this. Sue would like to donate the money to the American
                                          Cancer Society in Bill's name and wants your opinion, agree or
                                          disagree? Let me know how you feel. So far with 36 orders there is
                                          $1,080.00.

                                          > For anyone new: Bill Kronenberger one of the founding Father's
                                          of Z-Bend Track Standard for modules in Z scale. Bill wrote the
                                          standards and developed the wiring harnesses for the modules. In
                                          his dedication to the hobby of model railroading in Z scale, we have
                                          a commemorative car available in his honor. The car is a two bay
                                          open hopper from Uncle Will Full Throttle. The coal load from Hay
                                          Brothers. The lettering on the cars by a local train club member
                                          with Bill K. 2007 on one side. Z-Bend Track on the other side of
                                          each car. Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from
                                          PennZee. The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which
                                          includes shipping and handling. If interested in a car, please send
                                          a check or money order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank
                                          you. Please read the excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines
                                          about Bill Kronenberger.

                                          > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I
                                          have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from
                                          Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is
                                          there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am
                                          also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped
                                          Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones
                                          under my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring
                                          harnesses. But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and
                                          lot's of stuff going on all the time.

                                          > Have a good day.
                                          >
                                          > Regards,
                                          > Chad Bryan
                                          > 1407 Chantilly Ln
                                          > Houston, TX 77018

                                        • Ed Dalman
                                          Message 20 of 27 , May 3, 2007
                                            Chad,
                                            You are close to Sue and can help with her wishes. You may be right, that later she needs some of it. There are also two children to think about. I am too far away to help her, please do it for me.
                                            Thanks again Chad,
                                            Ed Dalman

                                          • Ellen J Shelton
                                            Message 21 of 27 , May 4, 2007
                                              Chad

                                              As a person who has been there recently--I believe you should follow her
                                              wishes. It probably is something she needs to do--for her emotional
                                              health. The only reason not to follow those wishes is if she is in
                                              serious financial trouble

                                              Ellen
                                              Indianapolis
                                            • Rick Breitzman
                                              Message 22 of 27 , May 4, 2007
                                                I have been watching the chats for some time, and have learned a lot from so
                                                many of you. I have only contributed infrequently, but this topic is too
                                                important to let go without my few comments. I also want to thank all who
                                                have already contributed to this tribute to a wonderful Zer. I have one car
                                                on order, and would like to buy a second. I believe that the goal was to
                                                allow as many as possible buy one, as a tribute to Bills Contribution, and
                                                less about how much money could be raised for his family. I would expect
                                                that we could quickly sell them out by allowing people to buy two or maybe
                                                three (no dealers please). Maybe clubs would buy them for prizes or awards.
                                                In any case, let Sue and family decide how to use any money raised.

                                                When will the one car per person limit be re-considered?

                                                I cannot wait to see Bill's car rolling on my rails. And thanks to Chad for
                                                taking this all on. God bless.

                                                Happy Friday to you all,

                                                Rick Breitzman

                                                _____

                                                --- Allan Miller <almiller@vt. <mailto:almiller%40vt.edu> edu> wrote:

                                                > Sue's wishes should be respected without
                                                > reservation. None of us are
                                                > in a position to make such a determination for her
                                                > or on her behalf.
                                                >
                                                > That said, I must have missed the ordering info at
                                                > some point. How
                                                > much are the cars, and where should the payment be
                                                > sent? That
                                                > information needs to be repeated often, here and
                                                > possibly elsewhere,
                                                > including, of course, in Rob's Publication.
                                                >
                                                > Allan
                                                >

                                                > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> .com, "Paul
                                                Hertel"
                                                > <paulhertel@...> wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > > As my wife is now a cancer survivor I am in
                                                > agreement with Sue
                                                > Kroneberger
                                                > > to a point.
                                                > > If she needs the money for bills....that is what
                                                > it's for?
                                                > >
                                                > > I also wish to order a car. I don't care what it
                                                > costs.
                                                > >
                                                > > Happy Z'ing
                                                > > Paul
                                                > > Berger Meister, Hertzberg.
                                                >
                                                > > Car A
                                                > > MidweZt HaulerZ
                                                > > Belleville, IL
                                                > > www.midwezthaulerz.com
                                                > <blocked::http://www.midwezth <http://www.midwezthaulerz.com> aulerz.com>
                                                > >

                                                > > _____
                                                > >
                                                > > From: z_scale@yahoogroups <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> .com

                                              • Elizabeth Hayes
                                                Message 23 of 27 , May 5, 2007
                                                  In case it hasn`t occured to anyone, you can donate money in Bill`s name to
                                                  the American Cancer Society at any time without buying a car or two cars or
                                                  however many or you can do both send $30 for a car and another $30
                                                  directly to your local office of the ACS in Bill`s name.

> [...]
                                                  >each car. Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from
                                                  >PennZee. The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which
                                                  >includes shipping and handling. If interested in a car, please send
                                                  >a check or money order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank
                                                  >you. Please read the excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines
                                                  >about Bill Kronenberger.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I
                                                  >have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from
                                                  >Sue. I will pay her with monthly payments with my own money. Is
                                                  >there anyone needing a wiring harness? I can make a few up. I am
                                                  >also thinking of putting one on eBay and see if it sells. I helped
                                                  >Bill and Sue make quite a few of them myself, plus all the ones
                                                  >under my own 9 modules. Let me know about Z-Bend Track wiring
                                                  >harnesses. But, please be patient with that also. Lot to do and

                                                  Watch free concerts with Pink, Rod Stewart, Oasis and more.� Visit MSN In
                                                  Concert today. http://music.msn.com/presents?icid=ncmsnpresentstagline
                                                • Elizabeth Hayes
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , May 5, 2007
                                                    didn`t Uncle Will say that there were around 250 cars in the original run ?
                                                    after the first group of cars get shipped ( I haven`t received mine yet) and
                                                    people see that they are out there then the orders should pick up and then
                                                    lift the order limit. Are dealers going to be allowed to stock them? maybe
                                                    people who don`t read this forum and only buy from the mail order dealers
                                                    have no other way to buy a car??
                                                    >From: "Larry Card" <lpcard@...>
                                                    >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
                                                    >Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Bill's Commemorative Car Update 5/3/07
                                                    >Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 22:58:19 -0400
                                                    >
                                                    > > >I am surprised the paucity of orders. How may cars are
                                                    > > >available? For all the flurry of messages about
                                                    > > >getting the car made and all the hard work and
                                                    > > >donations put in by a few members, the response of the
                                                    > > >z community has been something less than
                                                    > > >heart-warming.
                                                    >
                                                    > >You have just hit the nail on the head.......remember when lots of jabber
                                                    > >was going on about the Geep undecorated? Not very many were initially
                                                    > >purchased, which put Joe in a bad light with MTL and now we see another
                                                    > >example of lots of talk and little action perhaps.
                                                    >
                                                    >I didn't order a car because I'm an Nn3'er, not a Z scaler. If there are
                                                    >cars left over, I would be glad to have one. Please post the ordering
                                                    >information and price again for those of us who missed it?
                                                    >V/R
                                                    >Larry P. Card
                                                    >Franklinton NC

                                                    >Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft Office
                                                    >Live! http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/

                                                    Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
                                                  • Don Avila
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , May 7, 2007
                                                      Bill's memorial car came today.

                                                      Bill would be proud to see his name on this car. It is really nice
                                                      from car to tho load to container box to printing to pad stamping to
                                                      shipping.

                                                      Thanks again Chad,
                                                      ...don
                                                    • starion20002001
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , May 8, 2007
                                                        My car came with yesterday's mail and it is beautiful!, as for the
                                                        money, I say hold onto it for a few months and if SK does not need it
                                                        then donate it all to the American Cancer Society as she wishes.

                                                        --- JCP