Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Marklin compatable plugs. Old style Marklin?

  • Uwe Liermann
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2007
      Hello Terry,

      > From what I understand [subject to correction] Marklin changed the z
      > scale plug system [and maybe other scales too] around 2004.

      those new Maerklin plugs are not especially for Z. They changed their
      plugs and the other parts that are using those plugs to the new
      system around the time you wrote. All those parts are used for all
      scales.

      The older plugs were item# 7130 and the new are item# 71400 for a pack
      with 100 plugs (male/female).
      The new tenpacks plugs male are 7141x
      and the new female plugs are 7142x
      were x is a digit for the color:
      1 = brown
      2 = yellow
      3 = green
      4 = orange
      5 = red
      6 = grey

      The switchboxes got added a 0 to their item#:

      7272 => 72720
      7273 => 72730
      7274 => 72740

      --
      GreetingZ
      Uwe
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2007
        Uwe. Many thanks for the update information. Especially as to why I
        could not find Marklin plugs that were dedicated to z scale. What
        started this whole thing was that I was trying to locate the older
        style Marklin plugs for controllers [IE. 7072>7272] that I had
        purchased in the last century. Does that sound really far back or
        what??? [LOL] Again, Thanks for the update info. Very useful.
        Terry in New Hampshire.