OT-BNSF-KCS-Annual Reports

  • Rocco
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2007
      BNSF's annual report has some very nice photos. The
      report can be viewed on BNSF's web site, but it
      doesn't equal the quality of the photos on the
      hard-copy report.

      KCS' annual report has a nice loco photo on the cover.
      The site also has some interesting photos that are not
      in the annual report. I think the photo on p. 16 of
      the report was taken in Corpus Christi's port and that
      the ship in the background is a military transport
      one of which is commonly in the port an any given
      time.

      Speaking of the port, a number of shipments of
      gigantic windmills have come through the port during
      the past year. I hate to say it, but the tower
      segments are trucked out. A "dolly" is attached to
      each end of the segment and the front dolly is pulled.
      The segment is otherwise unsupported. Each blade is
      148' long.

      http://mail.yahoo.com