Re: MTL Passenger Car's in the Works and other stuff..

  • Robert Ray
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 3 6:57 PM
      Reynard Wellman wrote:
      > I have some of Oliver Passman's lighted SP Daylight coaches
      > and they are cool! He makes a kit for lighting up Marklin
      > Z passenger cars that works just fine. So really there's no excuse
      > for a manufacturer like MTL or AZL not to provide lighted
      > coaches at least as an option these days.

      That's exactly how I feel Reynard. Why stay in the dark ages, when the
      rest of the model railroading industry is advancing with finer and
      more acurate detailing, major electronic enhancements like sound,
      flicker free lighting, animation, etc.

      Look how model railroad scenery has advanced in the past decade... we
      went from bottle brush trees and sawdust grass, to Architectural Grade
      scenery as seen in the latest Scenics Express catalog.

      Look at the superdetailing out of the box in N and HO scale these
      days, and their electronics are unbelievable!

      Let's all ask for the best we can, especially when the items are still
      in their design phase! Let's get those metal wheels and all wheel
      electrical power pickup built in while designing new passenger trucks!

      Lest ask for out products to be built to the same standards that N
      Scalers have. After all, everything is produced to much tighter
      tolerances these days, not just electronics.

      -Robert