RE : [Z_Scale] Decker Girder Bridge Update

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007
      Reynard, that's EXACTLY the bridge I need!
      Congratulations for your work, and I hope it'll be
      available pretty shortly!
      All the best,
      Dominique

      --- Reynard Wellman <micron@...> a écrit :

      > Hello Fellow Zeds,
      >
      > More progress is being made towards producing a Deck
      > Girder Bridge
      > in Z scale. I have added a "screen snapshot" of one
      > of the pages that
      > will be in the instructions once these bridge become
      > available.
      >
      > Go to:
      > http://www.micronart.com/Deck_Girder_Sketch.html
      >
      > It is still speculation as to price and "when" these
      > bridges will become
      > available. I hope sooner than later.
      >
      > Best regardZ to all!
      > Reynard
      > http://www.micronart.com

      http://fr.answers.yahoo.com
    • Jim O'Connell
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007
        Bon soir, Reynard! I heard that. lol. Truthfully no one can go wrong
        with any of your bridges. They are worth the price. Cheers, Jim CCRR

        >>... well that's
        > ok but they'd be better served by building a true Z scale
        > bridge from scratch ("for less than $5.00" like our latest
        > Model of the Month winner).

      • Reynard Wellman
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007
          Bon soir, Dominique!

          Yes, I should have done this bridge years ago but it is
          now on the horizon. When I heard that folks were sawing
          up N scale girder bridges to fill the need ... well that's
          ok but they'd be better served by building a true Z scale
          bridge from scratch ("for less than $5.00" like our latest
          Model of the Month winner).

          I show only one walkway and handrail but actually the kit
          will have two walkways and railings for those earlier era
          modelers would need it. It wasn't until the 20th
          century the RRs figured they needed it only on one side.

          There are some other cool things that will follow the
          Deck Girder Bridge, so keep tuned in.

          jouets et joies
          RegardZ,
          Reynard

          On Apr 2, 2007, at 7:05 PM, de Champeaux Dominique wrote:

          > Reynard, that's EXACTLY the bridge I need!
          > Congratulations for your work, and I hope it'll be
          > available pretty shortly!
          > All the best,
          > Dominique
          >
          > --- Reynard Wellman <micron@...> a écrit :
          >
          > > Hello Fellow Zeds,
          > >
          > > More progress is being made towards producing a Deck
          > > Girder Bridge
          > > in Z scale. I have added a "screen snapshot" of one
          > > of the pages that
          > > will be in the instructions once these bridge become
          > > available.
          > >
          > > Go to:
          > > http://www.micronart.com/Deck_Girder_Sketch.html
          > >
          > > It is still speculation as to price and "when" these
          > > bridges will become
          > > available. I hope sooner than later.
          > >
          > > Best regardZ to all!
          > > Reynard
          > > http://www.micronart.com

          > Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos
          > questions !
          > Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des
          > internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses
          > http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

        • Reynard Wellman
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007
            Hello Jim,

            Thanks. Hearing a recommendation from you makes
            me very happy. Tom Browning built a beautiful Z scale Pecos River
            Bridge from scratch which has been featured at many
            train shows. Scratch built items can be as rewarding as
            anything and actually I once scratch built a big turn-table
            Deck Girder in N scale out of bass wood, wire and scored
            bass wood. I used brick paper for the walls of the round pit.
            The track deck even had a little control house and pit
            staircase down into the pit on one side of the rotating bridge.
            The whole thing turned out very pleasing to they eye.

            The Brits do a lot of this kind of model building as well
            and I must say that the results are often stunning!

            Keep up the good work. Build us something more!

            RegardZ,
            Reynard

            On Apr 2, 2007, at 8:56 PM, Jim O'Connell wrote:

            > Bon soir, Reynard! I heard that. lol. Truthfully no one can go wrong
            > with any of your bridges. They are worth the price. Cheers, Jim CCRR
            >
            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote:
            > >
            > >>... well that's
            > > ok but they'd be better served by building a true Z scale
            > > bridge from scratch ("for less than $5.00" like our latest
            > > Model of the Month winner).

          • Ellsworth Geib
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 3, 2007
              Looks great Reynard. Any thoughts for the future for a double track version? And a
              through plate girder version(s)? Geez, why are you so slow in getting us all the stuff we
              want?? :-)

              Ell Geib

              > Hello Fellow Zeds,
              >
              > More progress is being made towards producing a Deck Girder Bridge
              > in Z scale. I have added a "screen snapshot" of one of the pages that
              > will be in the instructions once these bridge become available.
              >
              > Go to: http://www.micronart.com/Deck_Girder_Sketch.html
              >
              > It is still speculation as to price and "when" these bridges will become
              > available. I hope sooner than later.
              >
              > Best regardZ to all!
              > Reynard
              > http://www.micronart.com

            • Reynard Wellman
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 3, 2007
                Hi Eli,
                I'm slow because I need to get some shut eye.
                Just put the gold in the corner over there, I'll get to
                your bridge tomorrow.

                Nite,nite.

                Reynard