RE: [Z_Scale] Decker Girder Bridge Update

  • John & Sue Bartolotto
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007
      Reynard,

      Fantastic!!! What era / timeframe did you take the bridge from?

      John Bartolotto

      _____

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007
        Reynard,

        Excellent! "From at least the 1880's" works for me!

        Thanks,

        John

        _____

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007

          Go to: http://www.micronart.com/Deck_Girder_Sketch.html

          It is still speculation as to price and "when" these bridges will become
          available. I hope sooner than later.

          Best regardZ to all!
          Reynard
          http://www.micronart.com
        • Reynard Wellman
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007
            Hello John,
            This style bridge can be documented from at least the 1880's to
            today. So it really belongs to what is still considered the "Modern
            Era".
            Let's just say that it belongs on any layout that uses steel bridges
            as part of it's scenery. "Industrial Era" is when it first appeared and
            the principals of design and look of this bridge haven't changed much
            since.

            So my model's design came from a compendium of typical deck
            style, steel bridges. Piles of them can be found in Google Images.

            Best regardZ,
            Reynard

            On Apr 2, 2007, at 12:13 PM, John & Sue Bartolotto wrote:

            > Reynard,
            >
            > Fantastic!!! What era / timeframe did you take the bridge from?
            >
            > John Bartolotto
            >
            > _____

          • de Champeaux Dominique
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007
              Reynard, that's EXACTLY the bridge I need!
              Congratulations for your work, and I hope it'll be
              available pretty shortly!
              All the best,
              Dominique

              --- Reynard Wellman <micron@...> a écrit :

              > Hello Fellow Zeds,
              >
              > More progress is being made towards producing a Deck
              > Girder Bridge
              > in Z scale. I have added a "screen snapshot" of one
              > of the pages that
              > will be in the instructions once these bridge become
              > available.
              >
              > Go to:
              > http://www.micronart.com/Deck_Girder_Sketch.html
              >
              > It is still speculation as to price and "when" these
              > bridges will become
              > available. I hope sooner than later.
              >
              > Best regardZ to all!
              > Reynard
              > http://www.micronart.com

              http://fr.answers.yahoo.com
            • Jim O'Connell
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007
                Bon soir, Reynard! I heard that. lol. Truthfully no one can go wrong
                with any of your bridges. They are worth the price. Cheers, Jim CCRR

                >>... well that's
                > ok but they'd be better served by building a true Z scale
                > bridge from scratch ("for less than $5.00" like our latest
                > Model of the Month winner).

              • Reynard Wellman
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007
                  Bon soir, Dominique!

                  Yes, I should have done this bridge years ago but it is
                  now on the horizon. When I heard that folks were sawing
                  up N scale girder bridges to fill the need ... well that's
                  ok but they'd be better served by building a true Z scale
                  bridge from scratch ("for less than $5.00" like our latest
                  Model of the Month winner).

                  I show only one walkway and handrail but actually the kit
                  will have two walkways and railings for those earlier era
                  modelers would need it. It wasn't until the 20th
                  century the RRs figured they needed it only on one side.

                  There are some other cool things that will follow the
                  Deck Girder Bridge, so keep tuned in.

                  jouets et joies
                  RegardZ,
                  Reynard

                  On Apr 2, 2007, at 7:05 PM, de Champeaux Dominique wrote:

                  > Reynard, that's EXACTLY the bridge I need!
                  > Congratulations for your work, and I hope it'll be
                  > available pretty shortly!
                  > All the best,
                  > Dominique
                  >
                  > --- Reynard Wellman <micron@...> a écrit :
                  >
                  > > Hello Fellow Zeds,
                  > >
                  > > More progress is being made towards producing a Deck
                  > > Girder Bridge
                  > > in Z scale. I have added a "screen snapshot" of one
                  > > of the pages that
                  > > will be in the instructions once these bridge become
                  > > available.
                  > >
                  > > Go to:
                  > > http://www.micronart.com/Deck_Girder_Sketch.html
                  > >
                  > > It is still speculation as to price and "when" these
                  > > bridges will become
                  > > available. I hope sooner than later.
                  > >
                  > > Best regardZ to all!
                  > > Reynard
                  > > http://www.micronart.com

                  > Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos
                  > questions !
                  > Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des
                  > internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses
                  > http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

                • Reynard Wellman
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007
                    Hello Jim,

                    Thanks. Hearing a recommendation from you makes
                    me very happy. Tom Browning built a beautiful Z scale Pecos River
                    Bridge from scratch which has been featured at many
                    train shows. Scratch built items can be as rewarding as
                    anything and actually I once scratch built a big turn-table
                    Deck Girder in N scale out of bass wood, wire and scored
                    bass wood. I used brick paper for the walls of the round pit.
                    The track deck even had a little control house and pit
                    staircase down into the pit on one side of the rotating bridge.
                    The whole thing turned out very pleasing to they eye.

                    The Brits do a lot of this kind of model building as well
                    and I must say that the results are often stunning!

                    Keep up the good work. Build us something more!

                    RegardZ,
                    Reynard

                    On Apr 2, 2007, at 8:56 PM, Jim O'Connell wrote:

                    > Bon soir, Reynard! I heard that. lol. Truthfully no one can go wrong
                    > with any of your bridges. They are worth the price. Cheers, Jim CCRR
                    >
                    > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > >>... well that's
                    > > ok but they'd be better served by building a true Z scale
                    > > bridge from scratch ("for less than $5.00" like our latest
                    > > Model of the Month winner).

                  • Ellsworth Geib
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 3, 2007
                      Looks great Reynard. Any thoughts for the future for a double track version? And a
                      through plate girder version(s)? Geez, why are you so slow in getting us all the stuff we
                      want?? :-)

                      Ell Geib

                      > Hello Fellow Zeds,
                      >
                      > More progress is being made towards producing a Deck Girder Bridge
                      > in Z scale. I have added a "screen snapshot" of one of the pages that
                      > will be in the instructions once these bridge become available.
                      >
                      > Go to: http://www.micronart.com/Deck_Girder_Sketch.html
                      >
                      > It is still speculation as to price and "when" these bridges will become
                      > available. I hope sooner than later.
                      >
                      > Best regardZ to all!
                      > Reynard
                      > http://www.micronart.com

                    • Reynard Wellman
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 3, 2007
                        Hi Eli,
                        I'm slow because I need to get some shut eye.
                        Just put the gold in the corner over there, I'll get to
                        your bridge tomorrow.

                        Nite,nite.

                        Reynard