New Ztrains.com interview / Ztrains Store opens

  • John Cubbin
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2007
      Hi,

      At Ztrains we've just added a new Z Scale Guest online interview with
      model railroad author Dave Frary. Dave wrote the scenery handbook,
      "How To Build Realistic Model Railroad Scenery" as well as many other
      model rail titles.

      http://www.ztrains.com

      In our weekly Coffee Break feature we highlight Dave's scenery guide
      in a Google Book abridged version. Also... when you click on this
      Coffee Break link, we have a little sneak peek from Micro-Trains Line
      is store for you!

      In addition, we have finally opened up our own Ztrains Store. The
      first product featured is our Art Deco bridge abutment set.

      Been a busy week here at Ztrains!

      John Cubbin
      Ztrains.com
      http://www.ztrains.com
    • David George
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2007
        John,
        I've used David F's book from the beginning of my model train efforts.
        The definitive book on Scenery.

        Cordially,
        Mister Dave

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2007
          John, I to have used David Frary's book since I began model
          railroading. Some people like my scenery. Blame David. I have his
          2nd ed. Kalmbach right here. Thanks for the interviews. Cheers, Jim
          CCRR

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David George" <dgeorge24619@...>
          wrote:

          > John,
          > I've used David F's book from the beginning of my model train
          efforts.
          > The definitive book on Scenery.
          >
          > Cordially,
          > Mister Dave

        • Reynard Wellman
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2007
            Hello John,
            This is great news! First, I want to congratulate you on making
            the beautiful Art Deco abutments set available. The samples
            you sent me were used in my product photo for the new
            1083 Medium Pratt Truss Bridge:
            http://www.micronart.com/1083_Truss_Pratt.html
            And they also fit the 1081 Long Pratt Truss Bridge as you so
            elegantly modeled it for your customer Jürg Ruedi:
            http://www.micronart.com/1081LongPratt.html

            Also, I am very impressed with your complete description of
            these abutments on your new "Ztrains Store" page:
            http://www.ztrains.com/store/

            Between you and Loren, I have to thank you both for further
            enhancing the value of my new "Bridges Line" of products.
            I could not have successfully offered these products without
            your careful and precise manufacturing!

            Trains come and go but bridges are a lasting part of anyone's
            layout; a focal point for spectacular scenery and having
            beautifully detailed abutments is the foundation!

            Best regardZ,
            Reynard
            On Apr 1, 2007, at 4:27 PM, John Cubbin wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > At Ztrains we've just added a new Z Scale Guest online interview with
            > model railroad author Dave Frary. Dave wrote the scenery handbook,
            > "How To Build Realistic Model Railroad Scenery" as well as many other
            > model rail titles.
            >
            > http://www.ztrains.com
            >
            > In our weekly Coffee Break feature we highlight Dave's scenery guide
            > in a Google Book abridged version. Also... when you click on this
            > Coffee Break link, we have a little sneak peek from Micro-Trains Line
            > is store for you!
            >
            > In addition, we have finally opened up our own Ztrains Store. The
            > first product featured is our Art Deco bridge abutment set.
            >
            > Been a busy week here at Ztrains!
            >
            > John Cubbin
            > Ztrains.com
            > http://www.ztrains.com

          • John Cubbin
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2007
              Hi Reynard,

              Thank you for the nice words on my new Art Deco abutment set. I do
              believe that your brass and the stone abutments work very well
              together. I look forward to adding new stone pieces to compliment your
              designs as your "Bridges Line" expands.

              John Cubbin
              Ztrains.com
              http://www.ztrains.com