Re: April Micro-Trains releases up

  • pinekirk
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 31, 2007
      Joe, i don't recall that you ever said when the GP9s would be out.
      what i recall as being suggested was "early 2007." (i interpreted
      early to be Spring, sometime).

      Please don't think i'm bashing MTL, i have just been hungering for
      these locomotives; there are so many ways to paint them up and kitbash
      them -- that what i love. i kitbashed an SD9 out of GP9 shells when i
      was full into N scale, so i'm hoping to try the same thing again. Rio
      Grande had many of these GPs and SDs and used them well into the '80s.

      july is even farther than i would have expected. but, there's nothing
      we can do about it. so i'll wait as patiently as i can.

      it was my error -- i really thought they might be out this month.
      be still my anxious heart!
      dave f.

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

      > Hi Alan,
      >
      > Just to let you know, there weren't any delay's on the GP9, they were
      > always scheduled for a July release, I hope I didn't suggest any
      > different over the past few months. I have a few I assembled from
      > pre shots a few months ago and they look great!...thanks to Robert
      > Ray for providing SP decals!
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Joe
      > MTL
    • Joe DAmato
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 2 8:29 AM
        No harm, no foul...wasn't thinking you were bashing little old me!!
        I want them as well! The CN is unreal, wait till you see that one!

        Joe

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "pinekirk" <pinekirk@...> wrote:

        > Joe, i don't recall that you ever said when the GP9s would be out.
        > what i recall as being suggested was "early 2007." (i interpreted
        > early to be Spring, sometime).
        >
        > Please don't think i'm bashing MTL, i have just been hungering for
        > these locomotives; there are so many ways to paint them up and
        kitbash
        > them -- that what i love. i kitbashed an SD9 out of GP9 shells
        when i
        > was full into N scale, so i'm hoping to try the same thing again.
        Rio
        > Grande had many of these GPs and SDs and used them well into
        the '80s.

        > july is even farther than i would have expected. but, there's
        nothing
        > we can do about it. so i'll wait as patiently as i can.
        >
        > it was my error -- i really thought they might be out this month.
        > be still my anxious heart!
        > dave f.
        >

        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Alan,
        > >
        > > Just to let you know, there weren't any delay's on the GP9, they
        were
        > > always scheduled for a July release, I hope I didn't suggest any
        > > different over the past few months. I have a few I assembled
        from
        > > pre shots a few months ago and they look great!...thanks to
        Robert
        > > Ray for providing SP decals!
        > >
        > > Cheers
        > >
        > > Joe
        > > MTL

      • vincentgoudreault
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 2 4:31 PM
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

          > No harm, no foul...wasn't thinking you were bashing little old
          me!!
          > I want them as well! The CN is unreal, wait till you see that one!
          >
          > Joe

          Alright... I need a mop now, I am drooling all over the place.

          Just to check, to be totally sure, we are talking about a CN GP9,
          right? High nose, Canadian National, possibly (hey if this is a
          dream, I can push it, can't I?) with two road numbers being released
          at the same time, right?

          Right...?

          CBVG
        • Russ Meier
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 2 7:26 PM
            Vincent:

            I know -- I feel the same way. Shocked, confused, excited, awestruck that FINALLY an
            affordable CN engine is on the horizon. In fact, I was so overcome I fell right over.... just
            got back from the hospital right now. They said it was a small heart-attack. Asked me
            what caused the shock. (just kidding... ;) )

            Russ Meier
            Milwaukee, WI
            MILW, UP, and CP in Z (with a desparate desire for a nice CN engine to compete with my
            CP).

            > Alright... I need a mop now, I am drooling all over the place.
            >
            > Just to check, to be totally sure, we are talking about a CN GP9,
            > right? High nose, Canadian National, possibly (hey if this is a
            > dream, I can push it, can't I?) with two road numbers being released
            > at the same time, right?
            >
            > Right...?
            >

            > CBVG

          • Russ Meier
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 2 7:52 PM
              By the way -- I know very well that AZL makes a GORGEOUS CN SD. I lust after it each
              time I see it through the glass display case at my LHS. It's just sitting there waiting for me
              to buy it. But, I'm hoping that the MTL GP9 price point comes in quite a bit lower -- that
              was the genesis of my "affordable" comment in my first message -- more affordable for
              me. Plus, the MTL GP9 will be the right era for me. The AZL SD product is fabulous but
              just too pricey at the LHS for my limited 2007 Z-scale budget. I'm holding out for that
              MTL and hoping the price point will be in the same ballpark as the GP35 price points.

              Although, alas -- the choices the choices! Who would have thought we'd have so many!
              The AZL UP GP-7 just looks fantastic. I need more money -- must find new job and make
              more $$$, but wait! I love my current job. Sigh... what's a guy to do in this new Z-scale
              world we live in....

              Russ Meier
              Milwaukee, WI
              MILW, UP, and CP in Z

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Russ Meier" <agentink_and_zfan@...> wrote:

              > Vincent:
              >
              > I know -- I feel the same way. Shocked, confused, excited, awestruck that FINALLY an
              > affordable CN engine is on the horizon. In fact, I was so overcome I fell right over....
              just
              > got back from the hospital right now. They said it was a small heart-attack. Asked me
              > what caused the shock. (just kidding... ;) )
              >
              > Russ Meier
              > Milwaukee, WI
              > MILW, UP, and CP in Z (with a desparate desire for a nice CN engine to compete with my
              > CP).
              >

              > > Alright... I need a mop now, I am drooling all over the place.
              > >
              > > Just to check, to be totally sure, we are talking about a CN GP9,
              > > right? High nose, Canadian National, possibly (hey if this is a
              > > dream, I can push it, can't I?) with two road numbers being released
              > > at the same time, right?
              > >
              > > Right...?
              > >

              > > CBVG

            • Joe DAmato
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 2 7:58 PM
                CB...Yes a CN GP-9 with a red cab and black and white stripes on the
                body. I mean, I don't do much Canadian stuff, but the artwork is
                striking. I am going to try and get the artwork for the first 6
                engines tomorrow and post them in order of release. As of now, two
                roads and two numbers, but want to confirm that. I'm promped to have
                CORP lease three or four of them for my layout at home, I mean, If I
                can have some CP retreads running in my back yard...CN is ok?

                Cheers

                Joe

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "vincentgoudreault" <vgoudreault@...>
                wrote:

                > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@> wrote:
                > >
                > > No harm, no foul...wasn't thinking you were bashing little old
                > me!!
                > > I want them as well! The CN is unreal, wait till you see that
                one!

                > > Joe
                > >

                > Alright... I need a mop now, I am drooling all over the place.
                >
                > Just to check, to be totally sure, we are talking about a CN GP9,
                > right? High nose, Canadian National, possibly (hey if this is a
                > dream, I can push it, can't I?) with two road numbers being
                released
                > at the same time, right?
                >
                > Right...?
                >

                > CBVG

              • Joe DAmato
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 2 8:00 PM
                  Vincent...relax, there'll be plenty of these to go around...unless
                  Loren and I scoop them up.

                  Joe
                  MTL

                  wrote:

                  > Vincent:
                  >
                  > I know -- I feel the same way. Shocked, confused, excited,
                  awestruck that FINALLY an
                  > affordable CN engine is on the horizon. In fact, I was so overcome
                  I fell right over.... just
                  > got back from the hospital right now. They said it was a small
                  heart-attack. Asked me
                  > what caused the shock. (just kidding... ;) )
                  >
                  > Russ Meier
                  > Milwaukee, WI
                  > MILW, UP, and CP in Z (with a desparate desire for a nice CN engine
                  to compete with my
                  > CP).
                  >

                  > > Alright... I need a mop now, I am drooling all over the place.
                  > >
                  > > Just to check, to be totally sure, we are talking about a CN GP9,
                  > > right? High nose, Canadian National, possibly (hey if this is a
                  > > dream, I can push it, can't I?) with two road numbers being
                  released
                  > > at the same time, right?
                  > >
                  > > Right...?
                  > >

                  > > CBVG

                • Joe DAmato
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 2 8:02 PM
                    Russ,

                    The GP9 should be in the same range as the GP-35...all of our costs
                    are the same this go around. I'm hoping the SD40-2 will come in just
                    a little bit higher, not much. We are able to use a number of
                    components from the GP's and that helps some.

                    Cheers

                    Joe
                    wrote:

                    > By the way -- I know very well that AZL makes a GORGEOUS CN SD. I
                    lust after it each
                    > time I see it through the glass display case at my LHS. It's just
                    sitting there waiting for me
                    > to buy it. But, I'm hoping that the MTL GP9 price point comes in
                    quite a bit lower -- that
                    > was the genesis of my "affordable" comment in my first message --
                    more affordable for
                    > me. Plus, the MTL GP9 will be the right era for me. The AZL SD
                    product is fabulous but
                    > just too pricey at the LHS for my limited 2007 Z-scale budget. I'm
                    holding out for that
                    > MTL and hoping the price point will be in the same ballpark as the
                    GP35 price points.

                    > Although, alas -- the choices the choices! Who would have thought
                    we'd have so many!
                    > The AZL UP GP-7 just looks fantastic. I need more money -- must
                    find new job and make
                    > more $$$, but wait! I love my current job. Sigh... what's a guy
                    to do in this new Z-scale
                    > world we live in....
                    >

                    > Russ Meier
                    > Milwaukee, WI
                    > MILW, UP, and CP in Z
                    >
                    > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Russ Meier" <agentink_and_zfan@>
                    wrote:

                    > > Vincent:
                    > >
                    > > I know -- I feel the same way. Shocked, confused, excited,
                    awestruck that FINALLY an
                    > > affordable CN engine is on the horizon. In fact, I was so
                    overcome I fell right over....
                    > just
                    > > got back from the hospital right now. They said it was a small
                    heart-attack. Asked me
                    > > what caused the shock. (just kidding... ;) )
                    > >
                    > > Russ Meier
                    > > Milwaukee, WI
                    > > MILW, UP, and CP in Z (with a desparate desire for a nice CN
                    engine to compete with my
                    > > CP).
                    > >

                    > > > Alright... I need a mop now, I am drooling all over the place.
                    > > >
                    > > > Just to check, to be totally sure, we are talking about a CN
                    GP9,
                    > > > right? High nose, Canadian National, possibly (hey if this is
                    > > > dream, I can push it, can't I?) with two road numbers being
                    released
                    > > > at the same time, right?
                    > > >
                    > > > Right...?
                    > > >

                    > > > CBVG

                  • Robert Ray
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 3 11:23 AM
                      Russ Meier wrote:
                      >I need more money -- must find new job and make
                      > more $$$, but wait! I love my current job. Sigh... what's a guy to
                      do in this new Z-scale
                      > world we live in....

                      Hi Russ, there are options, oh so many options. I have explored options
                      and found that everyone can do something well. Some people can make
                      trees, Some people can paint Z Scale figures and animals, and some
                      people can carve masters for Z Scale automobiles, then make resin ones.

                      What you have to do is to choose one of the things that you do well,
                      and offer up for trades or sell.

                      I admit that it takes a bit of motivation to get started, but once you
                      do, all the things you desire will start falling into place.

                      Example: A guy carves, shapes, sands, measures and re-measures a piece
                      of wax into the Master shapes of a dozen Z Scaled 1940's era
                      automobiles. It took him 6 months of messing around till they looked
                      just right, but he did it.

                      Next he buys a book on resin casting, and some materials, then casts
                      100 sets over the weekend.

                      Now the guy has what I like to call "Trade Fodder" He can choose to
                      sell sets to a hobby shop like Z Scale Monster, and/or trade some to
                      other guys for that really nice loco he wants.

                      Next year, the guy carves up a set of 1970's era automobiles, and he
                      has even more trade fodder.

                      Over the course of 3 or 4 years, that guy will amass a lifetime supply
                      of Z Scale items aquired in trades and purchases. The beauty of trades
                      is often you get stuff that the other guy handmade, and your variety of
                      stuff grows much greater than could be purchased alone. That is the
                      real beauty of trades.

                      -Robert
                    • Zane H. Healy
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 3 6:13 PM
                        At 3:29 PM -0700 3/30/07, Zane H. Healy wrote:
                        >Union Pacific
                        >Road Number UP 47859
                        >Livestock Car
                        >#520 00 130 $23.15
                        ><snip>
                        >I will have to scrounge up some spare change for one or two of the Union
                        >Pacific car.

                        Got it today, happened to need to be close to the Hobby Store, so I
                        stopped and picked it up, along with last months Burlington Northern
                        Refrigerator (hasn't picked that up last month as I bought to other
                        March cars).

                        The Livestock car is very nice, even better live than it is in the
                        picture! I'll probably pick up at least one more later, if not more.

                        Zane

                        | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |