April Micro-Trains releases up

  • Zane H. Healy
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 30, 2007
      Union Pacific
      Road Number UP 47859
      Livestock Car
      #520 00 130 $23.15

      Boston & Maine
      Road Number BM 80023
      Boxcar
      #510 00 170 $19.95

      Norfolk Southern
      Road Number SOU 584899
      Boxcar
      #511 00 040 $20.35

      Canadian National
      Road Number CN 143722
      50' gondola
      #522 00 140 $21.10

      Pulpwood Load #1
      #799 43 906 (3-pack) $12.55

      The F-7 Dummy B Units look like the same ones that were up for March.

      I will have to scrounge up some spare change for one or two of the Union
      Pacific car.

      Listed as coming soon are a U.S. Army train set with F7 Locomotive, 40' flat
      car w/Tank Load, 40' Tank Car, 50' Standard Box Car, and Center Cupola
      Caboose. It says October 2007. Looks interesting, but I'd rather have a
      Navy set and as near as I can tell all of the Navy cars they've done are N
      Scale.

      Also listed as coming in 2007 is a Z-Scale GP-9 Locomotive. Personally I'd
      like to see either a Porland & Western or Willamette & Pacific RR. Though I
      wouldn't object to another Union Pacific Locomotive :^)

      Zane
    • pinekirk
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 30, 2007
        frankly, i'm totally disappointed that the GP9 wasn't released.
        it will be another month ... or more??? i'm just bummed.
        dave f.

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@...> wrote:

        > Union Pacific
        > Road Number UP 47859
        > Livestock Car
        > #520 00 130 $23.15
        >
        > Boston & Maine
        > Road Number BM 80023
        > Boxcar
        > #510 00 170 $19.95
        >
        > Norfolk Southern
        > Road Number SOU 584899
        > Boxcar
        > #511 00 040 $20.35
        >
        > Canadian National
        > Road Number CN 143722
        > 50' gondola
        > #522 00 140 $21.10
        >
        > Pulpwood Load #1
        > #799 43 906 (3-pack) $12.55
        >
        > The F-7 Dummy B Units look like the same ones that were up for
        March.

        > I will have to scrounge up some spare change for one or two of the
        Union
        > Pacific car.
        >
        > Listed as coming soon are a U.S. Army train set with F7 Locomotive,
        40' flat
        > car w/Tank Load, 40' Tank Car, 50' Standard Box Car, and Center
        Cupola
        > Caboose. It says October 2007. Looks interesting, but I'd rather
        have a
        > Navy set and as near as I can tell all of the Navy cars they've
        done are N
        > Scale.
        >
        > Also listed as coming in 2007 is a Z-Scale GP-9 Locomotive.
        Personally I'd
        > like to see either a Porland & Western or Willamette & Pacific RR.
        Though I
        > wouldn't object to another Union Pacific Locomotive :^)
        >
        > Zane

      • Allan Miller
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 31, 2007
          I'm looking forward to the GP9s, as well, but am not really
          disappointed by any delays, which are relatively common in the world
          of model railroading these days. Just gives me time to save a bit
          more money for those and other items I may want. Meanwhile, there are
          plenty of other related activities to keep me busy.

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "pinekirk" <pinekirk@...> wrote:

          > frankly, i'm totally disappointed that the GP9 wasn't released.
          > it will be another month ... or more??? i'm just bummed.
          > dave f.
          >

          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Union Pacific
          > > Road Number UP 47859
          > > Livestock Car
          > > #520 00 130 $23.15
          > >
          > > Boston & Maine
          > > Road Number BM 80023
          > > Boxcar
          > > #510 00 170 $19.95
          > >
          > > Norfolk Southern
          > > Road Number SOU 584899
          > > Boxcar
          > > #511 00 040 $20.35
          > >
          > > Canadian National
          > > Road Number CN 143722
          > > 50' gondola
          > > #522 00 140 $21.10
          > >
          > > Pulpwood Load #1
          > > #799 43 906 (3-pack) $12.55
          > >
          > > The F-7 Dummy B Units look like the same ones that were up for
          > March.
          > >
          > > I will have to scrounge up some spare change for one or two of the
          > Union
          > > Pacific car.
          > >
          > > Listed as coming soon are a U.S. Army train set with F7 Locomotive,
          > 40' flat
          > > car w/Tank Load, 40' Tank Car, 50' Standard Box Car, and Center
          > Cupola
          > > Caboose. It says October 2007. Looks interesting, but I'd rather
          > have a
          > > Navy set and as near as I can tell all of the Navy cars they've
          > done are N
          > > Scale.
          > >
          > > Also listed as coming in 2007 is a Z-Scale GP-9 Locomotive.
          > Personally I'd
          > > like to see either a Porland & Western or Willamette & Pacific RR.
          > Though I
          > > wouldn't object to another Union Pacific Locomotive :^)
          > >
          > > Zane

        • Joe DAmato
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 31, 2007
            Hi Alan,

            Just to let you know, there weren't any delay's on the GP9, they were
            always scheduled for a July release, I hope I didn't suggest any
            different over the past few months. I have a few I assembled from
            pre shots a few months ago and they look great!...thanks to Robert
            Ray for providing SP decals!

            Cheers

            Joe
            MTL

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Allan Miller" <almiller@...> wrote:

            > I'm looking forward to the GP9s, as well, but am not really
            > disappointed by any delays, which are relatively common in the world
            > of model railroading these days. Just gives me time to save a bit
            > more money for those and other items I may want. Meanwhile, there
            are
            > plenty of other related activities to keep me busy.
            >

            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "pinekirk" <pinekirk@> wrote:
            > >
            > > frankly, i'm totally disappointed that the GP9 wasn't released.
            > > it will be another month ... or more??? i'm just bummed.
            > > dave f.
            > >

            > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Union Pacific
            > > > Road Number UP 47859
            > > > Livestock Car
            > > > #520 00 130 $23.15
            > > >
            > > > Boston & Maine
            > > > Road Number BM 80023
            > > > Boxcar
            > > > #510 00 170 $19.95
            > > >
            > > > Norfolk Southern
            > > > Road Number SOU 584899
            > > > Boxcar
            > > > #511 00 040 $20.35
            > > >
            > > > Canadian National
            > > > Road Number CN 143722
            > > > 50' gondola
            > > > #522 00 140 $21.10
            > > >
            > > > Pulpwood Load #1
            > > > #799 43 906 (3-pack) $12.55
            > > >
            > > > The F-7 Dummy B Units look like the same ones that were up for
            > > March.
            > > >
            > > > I will have to scrounge up some spare change for one or two of
            the
            > > Union
            > > > Pacific car.
            > > >
            > > > Listed as coming soon are a U.S. Army train set with F7
            Locomotive,
            > > 40' flat
            > > > car w/Tank Load, 40' Tank Car, 50' Standard Box Car, and Center
            > > Cupola
            > > > Caboose. It says October 2007. Looks interesting, but I'd
            rather
            > > have a
            > > > Navy set and as near as I can tell all of the Navy cars they've
            > > done are N
            > > > Scale.
            > > >
            > > > Also listed as coming in 2007 is a Z-Scale GP-9 Locomotive.
            > > Personally I'd
            > > > like to see either a Porland & Western or Willamette & Pacific
            RR.
            > > Though I
            > > > wouldn't object to another Union Pacific Locomotive :^)
            > > >
            > > > Zane

          • Allan Miller
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 31, 2007
              No problem at all from my perspective, Joe! I don't recall you ever
              suggesting anything other than a July release. I'm not going for the
              SP version in any case, and am patient enough to wait until one of my
              favorite roadnames comes along, which I'm confident will happen in due
              time.

              I've always liked GP9s, and will definitely be adding them to my
              roster, along with a lot more rolling stock.

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

              > Hi Alan,
              >
              > Just to let you know, there weren't any delay's on the GP9, they were
              > always scheduled for a July release, I hope I didn't suggest any
              > different over the past few months. I have a few I assembled from
              > pre shots a few months ago and they look great!...thanks to Robert
              > Ray for providing SP decals!
              >
              > Cheers
              >
              > Joe
              > MTL
              >
              > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Allan Miller" <almiller@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I'm looking forward to the GP9s, as well, but am not really
              > > disappointed by any delays, which are relatively common in the world
              > > of model railroading these days. Just gives me time to save a bit
              > > more money for those and other items I may want. Meanwhile, there
              > are
              > > plenty of other related activities to keep me busy.
              > >

              > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "pinekirk" <pinekirk@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > frankly, i'm totally disappointed that the GP9 wasn't released.
              > > > it will be another month ... or more??? i'm just bummed.
              > > > dave f.

              > > > March.

              > the
              > > > Union

              > Locomotive,
              > > > 40' flat
              > > > Cupola
              > rather
              > > > have a
              > > > done are N

              > > > Personally I'd
              > RR.
              > > > Though I

            • pinekirk
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 31, 2007
                Joe, i don't recall that you ever said when the GP9s would be out.
                what i recall as being suggested was "early 2007." (i interpreted
                early to be Spring, sometime).

                Please don't think i'm bashing MTL, i have just been hungering for
                these locomotives; there are so many ways to paint them up and kitbash
                them -- that what i love. i kitbashed an SD9 out of GP9 shells when i
                was full into N scale, so i'm hoping to try the same thing again. Rio
                Grande had many of these GPs and SDs and used them well into the '80s.

                july is even farther than i would have expected. but, there's nothing
                we can do about it. so i'll wait as patiently as i can.

                it was my error -- i really thought they might be out this month.
                be still my anxious heart!
                dave f.

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

                > Hi Alan,
                >
                > Just to let you know, there weren't any delay's on the GP9, they were
                > always scheduled for a July release, I hope I didn't suggest any
                > different over the past few months. I have a few I assembled from
                > pre shots a few months ago and they look great!...thanks to Robert
                > Ray for providing SP decals!
                >
                > Cheers
                >
                > Joe
                > MTL
              • Joe DAmato
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 2, 2007
                  No harm, no foul...wasn't thinking you were bashing little old me!!
                  I want them as well! The CN is unreal, wait till you see that one!

                  Joe

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "pinekirk" <pinekirk@...> wrote:

                  > Joe, i don't recall that you ever said when the GP9s would be out.
                  > what i recall as being suggested was "early 2007." (i interpreted
                  > early to be Spring, sometime).
                  >
                  > Please don't think i'm bashing MTL, i have just been hungering for
                  > these locomotives; there are so many ways to paint them up and
                  kitbash
                  > them -- that what i love. i kitbashed an SD9 out of GP9 shells
                  when i
                  > was full into N scale, so i'm hoping to try the same thing again.
                  Rio
                  > Grande had many of these GPs and SDs and used them well into
                  the '80s.

                  > july is even farther than i would have expected. but, there's
                  nothing
                  > we can do about it. so i'll wait as patiently as i can.
                  >
                  > it was my error -- i really thought they might be out this month.
                  > be still my anxious heart!
                  > dave f.
                  >

                  > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi Alan,
                  > >
                  > > Just to let you know, there weren't any delay's on the GP9, they
                  were
                  > > always scheduled for a July release, I hope I didn't suggest any
                  > > different over the past few months. I have a few I assembled
                  from
                  > > pre shots a few months ago and they look great!...thanks to
                  Robert
                  > > Ray for providing SP decals!
                  > >
                  > > Cheers
                  > >
                  > > Joe
                  > > MTL

                • vincentgoudreault
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 2, 2007
                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

                    > No harm, no foul...wasn't thinking you were bashing little old
                    me!!
                    > I want them as well! The CN is unreal, wait till you see that one!
                    >
                    > Joe

                    Alright... I need a mop now, I am drooling all over the place.

                    Just to check, to be totally sure, we are talking about a CN GP9,
                    right? High nose, Canadian National, possibly (hey if this is a
                    dream, I can push it, can't I?) with two road numbers being released
                    at the same time, right?

                    Right...?

                    CBVG
                  • Russ Meier
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 2, 2007
                      Vincent:

                      I know -- I feel the same way. Shocked, confused, excited, awestruck that FINALLY an
                      affordable CN engine is on the horizon. In fact, I was so overcome I fell right over.... just
                      got back from the hospital right now. They said it was a small heart-attack. Asked me
                      what caused the shock. (just kidding... ;) )

                      Russ Meier
                      Milwaukee, WI
                      MILW, UP, and CP in Z (with a desparate desire for a nice CN engine to compete with my
                      CP).

                      > Alright... I need a mop now, I am drooling all over the place.
                      >
                      > Just to check, to be totally sure, we are talking about a CN GP9,
                      > right? High nose, Canadian National, possibly (hey if this is a
                      > dream, I can push it, can't I?) with two road numbers being released
                      > at the same time, right?
                      >
                      > Right...?
                      >

                      > CBVG

                    • Russ Meier
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 2, 2007
                        By the way -- I know very well that AZL makes a GORGEOUS CN SD. I lust after it each
                        time I see it through the glass display case at my LHS. It's just sitting there waiting for me
                        to buy it. But, I'm hoping that the MTL GP9 price point comes in quite a bit lower -- that
                        was the genesis of my "affordable" comment in my first message -- more affordable for
                        me. Plus, the MTL GP9 will be the right era for me. The AZL SD product is fabulous but
                        just too pricey at the LHS for my limited 2007 Z-scale budget. I'm holding out for that
                        MTL and hoping the price point will be in the same ballpark as the GP35 price points.

                        Although, alas -- the choices the choices! Who would have thought we'd have so many!
                        The AZL UP GP-7 just looks fantastic. I need more money -- must find new job and make
                        more $$$, but wait! I love my current job. Sigh... what's a guy to do in this new Z-scale
                        world we live in....

                        Russ Meier
                        Milwaukee, WI
                        MILW, UP, and CP in Z

                        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Russ Meier" <agentink_and_zfan@...> wrote:

                        > Vincent:
                        >
                        > I know -- I feel the same way. Shocked, confused, excited, awestruck that FINALLY an
                        > affordable CN engine is on the horizon. In fact, I was so overcome I fell right over....
                        just
                        > got back from the hospital right now. They said it was a small heart-attack. Asked me
                        > what caused the shock. (just kidding... ;) )
                        >
                        > Russ Meier
                        > Milwaukee, WI
                        > MILW, UP, and CP in Z (with a desparate desire for a nice CN engine to compete with my
                        > CP).
                        >

                        > > Alright... I need a mop now, I am drooling all over the place.
                        > >
                        > > Just to check, to be totally sure, we are talking about a CN GP9,
                        > > right? High nose, Canadian National, possibly (hey if this is a
                        > > dream, I can push it, can't I?) with two road numbers being released
                        > > at the same time, right?
                        > >
                        > > Right...?
                        > >

                        > > CBVG

                      • Joe DAmato
                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 2, 2007
                          CB...Yes a CN GP-9 with a red cab and black and white stripes on the
                          body. I mean, I don't do much Canadian stuff, but the artwork is
                          striking. I am going to try and get the artwork for the first 6
                          engines tomorrow and post them in order of release. As of now, two
                          roads and two numbers, but want to confirm that. I'm promped to have
                          CORP lease three or four of them for my layout at home, I mean, If I
                          can have some CP retreads running in my back yard...CN is ok?

                          Cheers

                          Joe

                          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "vincentgoudreault" <vgoudreault@...>
                          wrote:

                          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > No harm, no foul...wasn't thinking you were bashing little old
                          > me!!
                          > > I want them as well! The CN is unreal, wait till you see that
                          one!

                          > > Joe
                          > >

                          > Alright... I need a mop now, I am drooling all over the place.
                          >
                          > Just to check, to be totally sure, we are talking about a CN GP9,
                          > right? High nose, Canadian National, possibly (hey if this is a
                          > dream, I can push it, can't I?) with two road numbers being
                          released
                          > at the same time, right?
                          >
                          > Right...?
                          >

                          > CBVG

                        • Joe DAmato
                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 2, 2007
                            Vincent...relax, there'll be plenty of these to go around...unless
                            Loren and I scoop them up.

                            Joe
                            MTL

                            wrote:

                            > Vincent:
                            >
                            > I know -- I feel the same way. Shocked, confused, excited,
                            awestruck that FINALLY an
                            > affordable CN engine is on the horizon. In fact, I was so overcome
                            I fell right over.... just
                            > got back from the hospital right now. They said it was a small
                            heart-attack. Asked me
                            > what caused the shock. (just kidding... ;) )
                            >
                            > Russ Meier
                            > Milwaukee, WI
                            > MILW, UP, and CP in Z (with a desparate desire for a nice CN engine
                            to compete with my
                            > CP).
                            >

                            > > Alright... I need a mop now, I am drooling all over the place.
                            > >
                            > > Just to check, to be totally sure, we are talking about a CN GP9,
                            > > right? High nose, Canadian National, possibly (hey if this is a
                            > > dream, I can push it, can't I?) with two road numbers being
                            released
                            > > at the same time, right?
                            > >
                            > > Right...?
                            > >

                            > > CBVG

                          • Joe DAmato
                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 2, 2007
                              Russ,

                              The GP9 should be in the same range as the GP-35...all of our costs
                              are the same this go around. I'm hoping the SD40-2 will come in just
                              a little bit higher, not much. We are able to use a number of
                              components from the GP's and that helps some.

                              Cheers

                              Joe
                              wrote:

                              > By the way -- I know very well that AZL makes a GORGEOUS CN SD. I
                              lust after it each
                              > time I see it through the glass display case at my LHS. It's just
                              sitting there waiting for me
                              > to buy it. But, I'm hoping that the MTL GP9 price point comes in
                              quite a bit lower -- that
                              > was the genesis of my "affordable" comment in my first message --
                              more affordable for
                              > me. Plus, the MTL GP9 will be the right era for me. The AZL SD
                              product is fabulous but
                              > just too pricey at the LHS for my limited 2007 Z-scale budget. I'm
                              holding out for that
                              > MTL and hoping the price point will be in the same ballpark as the
                              GP35 price points.

                              > Although, alas -- the choices the choices! Who would have thought
                              we'd have so many!
                              > The AZL UP GP-7 just looks fantastic. I need more money -- must
                              find new job and make
                              > more $$$, but wait! I love my current job. Sigh... what's a guy
                              to do in this new Z-scale
                              > world we live in....
                              >

                              > Russ Meier
                              > Milwaukee, WI
                              > MILW, UP, and CP in Z
                              >
                              > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Russ Meier" <agentink_and_zfan@>
                              wrote:

                              > > Vincent:
                              > >
                              > > I know -- I feel the same way. Shocked, confused, excited,
                              awestruck that FINALLY an
                              > > affordable CN engine is on the horizon. In fact, I was so
                              overcome I fell right over....
                              > just
                              > > got back from the hospital right now. They said it was a small
                              heart-attack. Asked me
                              > > what caused the shock. (just kidding... ;) )
                              > >
                              > > Russ Meier
                              > > Milwaukee, WI
                              > > MILW, UP, and CP in Z (with a desparate desire for a nice CN
                              engine to compete with my
                              > > CP).
                              > >

                              > > > Alright... I need a mop now, I am drooling all over the place.
                              > > >
                              > > > Just to check, to be totally sure, we are talking about a CN
                              GP9,
                              > > > right? High nose, Canadian National, possibly (hey if this is
                              > > > dream, I can push it, can't I?) with two road numbers being
                              released
                              > > > at the same time, right?
                              > > >
                              > > > Right...?
                              > > >

                              > > > CBVG

                            • Robert Ray
                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 3, 2007
                                Russ Meier wrote:
                                >I need more money -- must find new job and make
                                > more $$$, but wait! I love my current job. Sigh... what's a guy to
                                do in this new Z-scale
                                > world we live in....

                                Hi Russ, there are options, oh so many options. I have explored options
                                and found that everyone can do something well. Some people can make
                                trees, Some people can paint Z Scale figures and animals, and some
                                people can carve masters for Z Scale automobiles, then make resin ones.

                                What you have to do is to choose one of the things that you do well,
                                and offer up for trades or sell.

                                I admit that it takes a bit of motivation to get started, but once you
                                do, all the things you desire will start falling into place.

                                Example: A guy carves, shapes, sands, measures and re-measures a piece
                                of wax into the Master shapes of a dozen Z Scaled 1940's era
                                automobiles. It took him 6 months of messing around till they looked
                                just right, but he did it.

                                Next he buys a book on resin casting, and some materials, then casts
                                100 sets over the weekend.

                                Now the guy has what I like to call "Trade Fodder" He can choose to
                                sell sets to a hobby shop like Z Scale Monster, and/or trade some to
                                other guys for that really nice loco he wants.

                                Next year, the guy carves up a set of 1970's era automobiles, and he
                                has even more trade fodder.

                                Over the course of 3 or 4 years, that guy will amass a lifetime supply
                                of Z Scale items aquired in trades and purchases. The beauty of trades
                                is often you get stuff that the other guy handmade, and your variety of
                                stuff grows much greater than could be purchased alone. That is the
                                real beauty of trades.

                                -Robert
                              • Zane H. Healy
                                Message 15 of 15 , Apr 3, 2007
                                  At 3:29 PM -0700 3/30/07, Zane H. Healy wrote:
                                  >Union Pacific
                                  >Road Number UP 47859
                                  >Livestock Car
                                  >#520 00 130 $23.15
                                  ><snip>
                                  >I will have to scrounge up some spare change for one or two of the Union
                                  >Pacific car.

                                  Got it today, happened to need to be close to the Hobby Store, so I
                                  stopped and picked it up, along with last months Burlington Northern
                                  Refrigerator (hasn't picked that up last month as I bought to other
                                  March cars).

                                  The Livestock car is very nice, even better live than it is in the
                                  picture! I'll probably pick up at least one more later, if not more.

                                  Zane

                                  | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |