MR Reviews MTL turnouts

  • Russ Meier
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 29, 2007
      Hello everyone:

      For those of you that enjoy reading the reviews of products, Model Railroader reviews the
      MTL manual turnouts in the May 2007 issue (mine came today). I know that many of you
      don't get MR so I thought you might be interested in case you stop by a shop this weekend
      and want to scan the review. The review is on page 86. It is a solid review stating that the
      product meets the NMRA S-3.2 standard for Z-scale. Good job MTL!

      Russ Meier
      Milwaukee, WI
      MILW, UP, and CP in Z
    • Don Avila
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 29, 2007
        Instead of scanning some one else's "to be" copy would it not be nicer
        to buy the issue. This helps the LHS and more Model Railroader sales
        means more Z content within future issues. ...yes,as you, I do subscribe.

        ...don

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Russ Meier" <agentink_and_zfan@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello everyone:
        >
        > For those of you that enjoy reading the reviews of products, Model
        Railroader reviews the
        > MTL manual turnouts in the May 2007 issue (mine came today). I know
        that many of you
        > don't get MR so I thought you might be interested in case you stop
        by a shop this weekend
        > and want to scan the review. The review is on page 86. It is a
        solid review stating that the
        > product meets the NMRA S-3.2 standard for Z-scale. Good job MTL!
        >
        > Russ Meier
        > Milwaukee, WI
        > MILW, UP, and CP in Z

      • Russ Meier
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 29, 2007
          Don,

          I agree 100% -- they SHOULD buy it instead of just scanning it. That's sort of my evil plan
          (woohaaahaaahaaa) -- get them to look at the review, hopefully they'll see more that they
          like, and then they'll buy it!

          Russ

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Don Avila" <d.f.avila@...> wrote:

          > Instead of scanning some one else's "to be" copy would it not be nicer
          > to buy the issue. This helps the LHS and more Model Railroader sales
          > means more Z content within future issues. ...yes,as you, I do subscribe.
          >
          > ...don
          >
          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Russ Meier" <agentink_and_zfan@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello everyone:
          > >
          > > For those of you that enjoy reading the reviews of products, Model
          > Railroader reviews the
          > > MTL manual turnouts in the May 2007 issue (mine came today). I know
          > that many of you
          > > don't get MR so I thought you might be interested in case you stop
          > by a shop this weekend
          > > and want to scan the review. The review is on page 86. It is a
          > solid review stating that the
          > > product meets the NMRA S-3.2 standard for Z-scale. Good job MTL!
          > >
          > > Russ Meier
          > > Milwaukee, WI
          > > MILW, UP, and CP in Z

        • de Champeaux Dominique
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 31, 2007
            Myself, I've also been a subscriber for a few years.
            And on last fall, I sent them a congratulation message
            for the MTL GP35's review!

            Dom

            --- Russ Meier <agentink_and_zfan@...> a écrit :

            > Don,
            >
            > I agree 100% -- they SHOULD buy it instead of just
            > scanning it. That's sort of my evil plan
            > (woohaaahaaahaaa) -- get them to look at the review,
            > hopefully they'll see more that they
            > like, and then they'll buy it!
            >
            > Russ
            >

            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Don Avila"
            > <d.f.avila@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Instead of scanning some one else's "to be" copy
            > would it not be nicer
            > > to buy the issue. This helps the LHS and more
            > Model Railroader sales
            > > means more Z content within future issues.
            > ...yes,as you, I do subscribe.
            > >
            > > ...don
            > >
            > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Russ Meier"
            > <agentink_and_zfan@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello everyone:
            > > >
            > > > For those of you that enjoy reading the reviews
            > of products, Model
            > > Railroader reviews the
            > > > MTL manual turnouts in the May 2007 issue (mine
            > came today). I know
            > > that many of you
            > > > don't get MR so I thought you might be
            > interested in case you stop
            > > by a shop this weekend
            > > > and want to scan the review. The review is on
            > page 86. It is a
            > > solid review stating that the
            > > > product meets the NMRA S-3.2 standard for
            > Z-scale. Good job MTL!
            > > >
            > > > Russ Meier
            > > > Milwaukee, WI
            > > > MILW, UP, and CP in Z

            http://fr.answers.yahoo.com
          • Joe DAmato
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 31, 2007
              Thanks! Also we found out from Digitrax that their stationary
              controller will work on them as well.

              Cheers

              Joe
              MTL

              wrote:

              > Hello everyone:
              >
              > For those of you that enjoy reading the reviews of products, Model
              Railroader reviews the
              > MTL manual turnouts in the May 2007 issue (mine came today). I know
              that many of you
              > don't get MR so I thought you might be interested in case you stop by
              a shop this weekend
              > and want to scan the review. The review is on page 86. It is a
              solid review stating that the
              > product meets the NMRA S-3.2 standard for Z-scale. Good job MTL!
              >
              > Russ Meier
              > Milwaukee, WI
              > MILW, UP, and CP in Z

            • Don Avila
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 31, 2007
                Joe:

                Would you happen to know the Digitrax part number? [:p]

                ...don

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

                > Thanks! Also we found out from Digitrax that their stationary
                > controller will work on them as well.
                >
                > Cheers
                >
                > Joe
                > MTL
                >
                > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Russ Meier" agentink_and_zfan@
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello everyone:
                > >
                > > For those of you that enjoy reading the reviews of products, Model
                > Railroader reviews the
                > > MTL manual turnouts in the May 2007 issue (mine came today). I know
                > that many of you
                > > don't get MR so I thought you might be interested in case you stop
                by
                > a shop this weekend
                > > and want to scan the review. The review is on page 86. It is a
                > solid review stating that the
                > > product meets the NMRA S-3.2 standard for Z-scale. Good job MTL!
                > >
                > > Russ Meier
                > > Milwaukee, WI
                > > MILW, UP, and CP in Z

              • Joe DAmato
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 31, 2007
                  Hi Don,

                  Got it at work..if you email me on monday at MTL I can pull it out
                  and let you know. I have two of them that work as I understand it,
                  but haven't hooked it up yet.

                  Joe

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Don Avila" <d.f.avila@...> wrote:

                  > Joe:
                  >
                  > Would you happen to know the Digitrax part number? [:p]
                  >
                  > ...don
                  >
                  > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Thanks! Also we found out from Digitrax that their stationary
                  > > controller will work on them as well.
                  > >
                  > > Cheers
                  > >
                  > > Joe
                  > > MTL
                  > >
                  > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Russ Meier" agentink_and_zfan@
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hello everyone:
                  > > >
                  > > > For those of you that enjoy reading the reviews of products,
                  Model
                  > > Railroader reviews the
                  > > > MTL manual turnouts in the May 2007 issue (mine came today). I
                  know
                  > > that many of you
                  > > > don't get MR so I thought you might be interested in case you
                  stop
                  > by
                  > > a shop this weekend
                  > > > and want to scan the review. The review is on page 86. It is a
                  > > solid review stating that the
                  > > > product meets the NMRA S-3.2 standard for Z-scale. Good job
                  MTL!

                  > > > Russ Meier
                  > > > Milwaukee, WI
                  > > > MILW, UP, and CP in Z

                • Don Avila
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 2 8:21 AM
                    Mornin' Joe:

                    Now you know it is bad at this end when I forgot to email you.

                    Decisions, decisions on the stationeries - Thank you, kind sir for the
                    info

                    Nice write-up in the new Model Railroader for the turnouts and also the
                    GP35 last fall plus track in Model RR News a few months ago plus their
                    write-up on the Christmas set about two years ago. Maybe Z is beginning
                    to make a dent in the market - I sure know it is hurting MY wallet. You
                    notice Loren is sporting a fancy trailer?

                    Don
                    Akron, Ohio - USA

                    Looks like the DS52 and the DS51k1 are the two stationary decoders
                    for that application.

                    Cheers

                    Joe_

                  • Joe DAmato